PDA

View Full Version : Overagers?

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Its only 9 days til the decision has to be made about the 4 overagers. Who is it gonna be?? Lowry, Clark, Erb or McCue?? I say McCue!! Your not gonna get much more than a 4th round pick for him but i say Matt McCue is on his way out west!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Its only 9 days til the decision has to be made about the 4 overagers. Who is it gonna be?? Lowry, Clark, Erb or McCue?? I say McCue!! Your not gonna get much more than a 4th round pick for him but i say Matt McCue is on his way out west!!

Good luck getting a 4th round pick for Mccue. Lazurak got a 4th in 2010. Miscue will probably get a 6th, and thats assuming teams arent waiting until the deadline where he can he had for free.

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Good luck getting a 4th round pick for Mccue. Lazurak got a 4th in 2010. Miscue will probably get a 6th, and thats assuming teams arent waiting until the deadline where he can he had for free.

Yeah I was just trying to be polite! haha...i know brandon isnt going to get much at all for mccue. Thats usually how it goes with the 20 year olds. You dont get anything back, its just to make room on your team and give him a new home! I think if a guy like Mark Louis was here this year, he would be knocking both Erb & Mccue out anyways! But obviously he has graduated on...hopefully they make the call soon!

Allin44
10-06-2008, 10:05 PM
It really should be McCue out

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
It really should be McCue outAnyone have a good idea when Erb will be back?

Section Eight
10-07-2008, 09:12 AM
It really should be McCue out

If McCue goes, and Erb is hesitant coming back, who on this team drops the mitts when teams decide to ride crash and bang with the Clark and Calvert lines?

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 09:28 AM
If McCue goes, and Erb is hesitant coming back, who on this team drops the mitts when teams decide to ride crash and bang with the Clark and Calvert lines? It'll have to be guys like Aulie, Lowry, Cowan, Jeffries, they'll have to fill that role until we get an enforcer type...

The Wheatiemaniac
10-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Anyone remember a game last season against Lethbridge when Clark got cheap shotted and Lowry just stood there doing nothing??? So Clark had to drop them himself. He didn't do well(shouldn't have had to at all) and on his way off the ice to the box I think the whole arena heard him ask Lowry, "why did I have to do that"? And lets not forget Cowan's last monumental bout. I think he's been figured out.
Erb will be all we have to totally rely on. We can't have guys like Clark, Schenn, and Glennie taking majors and being off the ice for that long in a game. Aulie proved last year he can fight, he just doesn't. I doubt he's scared, maybe just scared he's gonna kill somebody. After the goalie and the overagers are gone, Kellys work is far from over.

The Wheatiemaniac
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
One last thought.....Hale hasn't lost a fight yet that I've seen or heard of.

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Anyone remember a game last season against Lethbridge when Clark got cheap shotted and Lowry just stood there doing nothing??? So Clark had to drop them himself. He didn't do well(shouldn't have had to at all) and on his way off the ice to the box I think the whole arena heard him ask Lowry, "why did I have to do that"? And lets not forget Cowan's last monumental bout. I think he's been figured out.
Erb will be all we have to totally rely on. We can't have guys like Clark, Schenn, and Glennie taking majors and being off the ice for that long in a game. Aulie proved last year he can fight, he just doesn't. I doubt he's scared, maybe just scared he's gonna kill somebody. After the goalie and the overagers are gone, Kellys work is far from over.
That was Fadden I believe. Aulie did well against Wright, he could be a beast if he played with a little anger in his game. Robak and Melnychuk are big enough to scrap as well, these big horses on defence need to toughen up a little bit....

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 10:17 AM
One last thought.....Hale hasn't lost a fight yet that I've seen or heard of.Hale is playing a lot better so far, at least he's trying to hit guys, and dropped the gloves in pre season. He's big enough to play a grinding role, just needs to keep working on his skating, but I applaud him for trying hard this year....

Section Eight
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Every line needs to play tough but I don't think we want our first two lines, including Lowry, or our top 4 defensemen being our primary enforcers. This is a job for the 4th line and Cowan, Jefferies and King are not willing, or capable, of filling this role.

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Every line needs to play tough but I don't think we want our first two lines, including Lowry, or our top 4 defensemen being our primary enforcers. This is a job for the 4th line and Cowan, Jefferies and King are not willing, or capable, of filling this role.
Any potential guys we could trade for to fill this role?

Vik
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Anyone remember a game last season against Lethbridge when Clark got cheap shotted and Lowry just stood there doing nothing??? So Clark had to drop them himself. He didn't do well(shouldn't have had to at all) and on his way off the ice to the box I think the whole arena heard him ask Lowry, "why did I have to do that"?
That is not the way I saw it at all. Lowry actually started to go after Fadden but Clark got up and beat him to it.

bruiserfan
10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
We need a couple overagers here in Chilliwack but I'd rather not see Miscue back in a Bruins jersey! (definitely not for a fourth rounder)

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
We need a couple overagers here in Chilliwack but I'd rather not see Miscue back in a Bruins jersey! (definitely not for a fourth rounder)
McCue would be a good guy to have in our 6th depth spot, not as our #3 guy. He's tougher than Erb, but Erb is better defensively.