PDA

View Full Version : Molleken is brilliant

Tidball
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
People dont realise how good lorne actually is at a GM job. Let me break down what Lorne did.

Setoguchi - Seto was gonna play 60% of games in his final WHL season. The Blades may have made the playoffs with him,but they wouldnt of gone far. So he got traded.
McCrae - hasnt improved 1 bit since he was 17, he was stuck on a 3rd line, so he got traded.

So for a 60% of a season player, and a 3rd liner, what did Molleken get in return?

Burke Gallimore - 1st liner, 17 yr old who leads our team in goals.
Chris Langkow - 2nd liner, 19 yr old who found great Chemestry with Toomey and Hamilton
Stephan Elliott - Elite blue chip D prospect. 40 points in rookie season, earned the nickname "franchise" from his teamates. Expected to be a top 10 NHL draft pic.
Duncan Seimens - Best D-man available in 08' Bantam draft. Showed he can score and body check at the age of 14 in the WHL exhibition season.
Dalton Thrower - Good allround D prospect. will make the team as a 16 yr old next season.

Holy crap thats alot for a 3rd liner, and a player who played 55 games.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Just because Gallimore is a first liner on the blades, does not make him a bonafide first liner in the WHL. Same with Langkow and the second line. Decent pickups but those titles arent applicable to them with many teams around the league

And Elliot is expected to be a top 10 pick? Are you insane? He is definitely touted highly (with good reason), but dont hold your breath on him going top 10. Many guys have cemented top 10 status and Elliot is not one of them. Tavares and Hedman are expected to go top 10 (probably top 2) this year, and there are a few other guys like Cowan, schenn, Rajala, Duchene, and that swedish prodigy forward with the long last name, and probably more.

I cant comment on the young prospects...but didnt McCrae wear the C? He was one of your main players even after his injury. And though trading Setoguchi in the position you guys were in was a smart move, especially for the return (WHICH EVERYONE THOUGHT WAS A BLATANT RIPOFF TO BEGIN WITH), but it hardly makes Lorne brilliant. PG did the same to MJ last year in the Wishart trade, and many other cases to lesser degrees.

Trav
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
has nothing to do with the trades, he was their 2nd round pick. Sutter was the 2nd round pick that they got from Vancouver in the deal involving Rabbit.

Tidball
10-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Just because Gallimore is a first liner on the blades, does not make him a bonafide first liner in the WHL. Same with Langkow and the second line. Decent pickups but those titles arent applicable to them with many teams around the league

And Elliot is expected to be a top 10 pick? Are you insane? He is definitely touted highly (with good reason), but dont hold your breath on him going top 10. Many guys have cemented top 10 status and Elliot is not one of them. Tavares and Hedman are expected to go top 10 (probably top 2) this year, and there are a few other guys like Cowan, schenn, Rajala, Duchene, and that swedish prodigy forward with the long last name, and probably more.

I cant comment on the young prospects...but didnt McCrae wear the C? He was one of your main players even after his injury. And though trading Setoguchi in the position you guys were in was a smart move, especially for the return (WHICH EVERYONE THOUGHT WAS A BLATANT RIPOFF TO BEGIN WITH), but it hardly makes Lorne brilliant. PG did the same to MJ last year in the Wishart trade, and many other cases to lesser degrees.

Victor Hedman? That guy with the astonishing 4 point season in 07/08? Anyways you named 6 legit prospects that might be selected ahead of Elliott. I dont know who rajala is.

Anyways at worst that leaves Elliott at 7th or 8th spot. That would count as a top 10.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-08-2008, 02:30 PM
...........what? :confused:

If you seriously think Elliot is a better player than Victor Hedman, you need your head examined.

Those 4 points he got last year were in the Swedish Elite League (SEL), the most skilled league in sweden, and a top 5 league in the world. He plays against men, including former NHLers that can still play the game at a high level.

This year he has 5 assists in 8 games, which is actually higher totals than what Elliot has in this junior league. Plus he is 6'7, skates well, and is very physical. Elliot is a very good player, but to be honest, he isnt the same caliber player as Tavares or Hedman. (Imagine if one of those two played for the blades. Nobody would ever hear the end of that ever.)

And I wouldnt hold your breath on Elliot going top 10 this year, or being expected to. I say he would be lucky to hit the first round at all.

maple leaf
10-08-2008, 05:55 PM

If you seriously think Elliot is a better player than Victor Hedman, you need your head examined.

Those 4 points he got last year were in the Swedish Elite League (SEL), the most skilled league in sweden, and a top 5 league in the world. He plays against men, including former NHLers that can still play the game at a high level.

This year he has 5 assists in 8 games, which is actually higher totals than what Elliot has in this junior league. Plus he is 6'7, skates well, and is very physical. Elliot is a very good player, but to be honest, he isnt the same caliber player as Tavares or Hedman. (Imagine if one of those two played for the blades. Nobody would ever hear the end of that ever.)

And I wouldnt hold your breath on Elliot going top 10 this year, or being expected to. I say he would be lucky to hit the first round at all.

I am getting a little tired of your evaluations of hockey players and where they should be drafted.
You said Gillies will get drafted in the 3rd. or 4th. round but not the 1st. Gillies is overated. Well he got drafted in the 1st. rd. by Minni. and made the team as a 19 year old this year with a Wild team that finished tops in the Northwest division last year. You hate Zahn, lets face it you hate anything Saskatoon. Elliot may or may not go top 10, but I take your fearless predictions with a grain of salt because thats what they are.

howley
10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Elliot is good but he is no Hedman. Not sure how much you guys follow the prospect chatter but at this point Tavares and Hedman are on a teeter totter on who will go first over all. Many many many people are beginning to lean towards Hedman. This is a pretty deep draft this year. I'd be surprised to see Elliot go top 10 but it's very early to tell.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I am getting a little tired of your evaluations of hockey players and where they should be drafted.
You said Gillies will get drafted in the 3rd. or 4th. round but not the 1st. Gillies is overated. Well he got drafted in the 1st. rd. by Minni. and made the team as a 19 year old this year with a Wild team that finished tops in the Northwest division last year. You hate Zahn, lets face it you hate anything Saskatoon. Elliot may or may not go top 10, but I take your fearless predictions with a grain of salt because thats what they are.

Not quite as tired as I am of how biased some of you blades fans are. God forbid someone doesnt blow sunshine up your asses for once.

As much fun as it is to remain blissfully ignorant, its time to get real. At this point in time, Hedman is having more success in a league better than the AHL, than Elliot is in the WHL. No matter how much you like Elliot, and how he is your "favoritest player in the whooole world(!)", it isnt going to change the fact that he isnt in the same class as guys like Tavares and Hedman, guys who could step into the NHL right now and probably not miss a beat. Elliot is definitely a good player in this league, but not a generational talent like crosby, ovechkin, or GILLIES.

And yeah, I still think he IS overrated, and he is still better off in junior. I still dont see him as a first round talent, though Blades fans are probably ready to erect a statue of him infront of their arena. The guy has wheels, size, and can hit, but doesnt have a lick of hockey sense, and didnt even crack 50 points in junior yet...unlike many other first rounders. I would be surprised if he cracked the 5 point mark this season in the NHL.

And I dont actually hate Zahn, but the guy is a douchebag, and there is no getting around it. He is the guy always throwing punches when the linesmen are holding the players apart from a fight that he was losing to begin with(Ex. like a few of his fights with teubert). He is also the type of guy that whines to the official at the end of every play, and a known diver. I also remember that one time when he held onto the puck for 20 seconds behind the net so the time would run out, wasting time for no reason at all.

Tidball
10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

Didnt you say the same thing with Gillies?

Tidball
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
And I dont actually hate Zahn, but the guy is a douchebag, and there is no getting around it. He is the guy always throwing punches when the linesmen are holding the players apart from a fight that he was losing to begin with(Ex. like a few of his fights with teubert). He is also the type of guy that whines to the official at the end of every play, and a known diver. I also remember that one time when he held onto the puck for 20 seconds behind the net so the time would run out, wasting time for no reason at all.

So instead Zahn shoulda sent an outlet pass through his own zone while there was a Pat on each side of the faceoff circle? The Blades were winning(and won that game) and Zahn made sure he kept it that way. Ill agree with Tuebert winning the fight, Tuebert is awesome and he is mad tough. Zahn can hold his own though, he is our most physical D-man, with such talent at D, it is Zahns job to be the one throwing punches and making sure that he(or Klassen) are the ones involved in scuffles.

Also quit mentioning Tavares. Its FACT that he will be drafted 1st overall. I remember some clowns were also talking about Bogosian being drafted in front of Doughty, people just love to start REAL stupid rumors. Tavares is a LOCK for 1st overall. You are completely retarded if you think otherwise. Tavares is way better then Stamkos. Not to mention he broke #99's scoring record a year younger then when he did it. I am not afriad to say that Tavares is leagues ahead of Elliott.

I would bet 100-1 odds with anybody that Tavares is picked first overall. Use you head man.

maple leaf
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Not quite as tired as I am of how biased some of you blades fans are. God forbid someone doesnt blow sunshine up your asses for once.

As much fun as it is to remain blissfully ignorant, its time to get real. At this point in time, Hedman is having more success in a league better than the AHL, than Elliot is in the WHL. No matter how much you like Elliot, and how he is your "favoritest player in the whooole world(!)", it isnt going to change the fact that he isnt in the same class as guys like Tavares and Hedman, guys who could step into the NHL right now and probably not miss a beat. Elliot is definitely a good player in this league, but not a generational talent like crosby, ovechkin, or GILLIES.

And yeah, I still think he IS overrated, and he is still better off in junior. I still dont see him as a first round talent, though Blades fans are probably ready to erect a statue of him infront of their arena. The guy has wheels, size, and can hit, but doesnt have a lick of hockey sense, and didnt even crack 50 points in junior yet...unlike many other first rounders. I would be surprised if he cracked the 5 point mark this season in the NHL.

Their you go again Zahn is a idiot, Lemaire and Doug Risebrigh (sorry for the spelling) are fools for drafting Gillies.(1st. in Northwest division 2007-08). Do you know how many Stanley Cups Lemaire has, I think he knows the game of hockey a little better than you do. Getting two 1st. rd draft picks for Seto. was a scam in your eyes, It goes on and on. Do you see where I'm going here. All I said was Elliot could or could not go in the top ten if that makes me biased Blades fan then so be it. Who would of predicted that Klotz would go in the 3rd. rd. do I agree with Klotz being a 3rd. pick most likely not. Does that mean the Flyer mangement are all idiots. It just seems to me if we don't agree with you we are all idiots or so called douchebags or biased Blade fans. Maybe one day I can play on the same level as yourself. Truefully it is so easy to rattle your chain.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
So instead Zahn shoulda sent an outlet pass through his own zone while there was a Pat on each side of the faceoff circle? The Blades were winning(and won that game) and Zahn made sure he kept it that way. Ill agree with Tuebert winning the fight, Tuebert is awesome and he is mad tough. Zahn can hold his own though, he is our most physical D-man, with such talent at D, it is Zahns job to be the one throwing punches and making sure that he(or Klassen) are the ones involved in scuffles.How about carrying the puck up and trying to do something instead of wasting 20 seconds? It was just a dick move, wasting time and egging on the crowd(watching someone do that is actually very annoying). As for fighting, Zahn isnt too bad. I dont mind him fighting, but throwing cheap punches while the linemen are holding the two fighters apart is just a(nother) dick move.

Their you go again Zahn is a idiot, Lemaire and Doug Risebrigh (sorry for the spelling) are fools for drafting Gillies.(1st. in Northwest division 2007-08). Do you know how many Stanley Cups Lemaire has, I think he knows the game of hockey a little better than you do. Getting two 1st. rd draft picks for Seto. was a scam in your eyes, It goes on and on. Do you see where I'm going here. All I said was Elliot could or could not go in the top ten if that makes me biased Blades fan then so be it. Who would of predicted that Klotz would go in the 3rd. rd. do I agree with Klotz being a 3rd. pick most likely not. Does that mean the Flyer mangement are all idiots. It just seems to me if we don't agree with you we are all idiots or so called douchebags or biased Blade fans. Maybe one day I can play on the same level as yourself. Truefully it is so easy to rattle your chain.I never once said that. Infact I said that it was a smart move in my first post. The fact that you dont agree with me is irrelevant. I just cant get over how biased some of you guys are. And I stand by what I say about those two players. The fact that you dont agree with me is irrelevent, its just some of the things you guys say, like Elliot being better than Hedman, are just retarded, and in turn piss me off.

PS: The flyers are a smart, well run team. They are actually my favorite NHL team, but picking Klotz in the third round was dumb. They passed over Drayson Bowman of all players just for an enforcer. Could have probably signed him as a free agent instead of using a high pick.

I am not afriad to say that Tavares is leagues ahead of Elliott.Gee, I dunno...Tavares only scored 72 goals in his rookie season, but Elliot plays for the blades.

Dwight Schrute
10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
elliot is a very good prospect. top ten ? who knows, a weak 2nd half could push him to the 3rd or 4th round. mid to late first id bet on that. but its pointless to argue, fact is there is waaaaayyyy too much time left to start predicting. lets just enjoy watching the kids play while there here instead of a useless pissing contest.
no wonder i hardly post anymore

Tidball
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
How about carrying the puck up and trying to do something instead of wasting 20 seconds? It was just a dick move, wasting time and egging on the crowd(watching someone do that is actually very annoying). As for fighting, Zahn isnt too bad. I dont mind him fighting, but throwing cheap punches while the linemen are holding the two fighters apart is just a(nother) dick move.

Zahn would've been waiting for a Pat to pressure him. This happens alot when a player goes behind his net and waits for a player to pressure him then he starts off the other way. Who's dumber... Zahn for protecting a lead? Or the Pats for standing there and letting him do it?

You gotta have a guy pressure a player behind his own net, thats called hard work. Sometimes it results in people coughing up the puck. clrkth

Also Zahn clearly frustrated some of the fans, and probably some of the players too. You do whatever you can to rattle people up.

Tidball
10-09-2008, 11:19 AM
elliot is a very good prospect. top ten ? who knows, a weak 2nd half could push him to the 3rd or 4th round. mid to late first id bet on that. but its pointless to argue, fact is there is waaaaayyyy too much time left to start predicting. lets just enjoy watching the kids play while there here instead of a useless pissing contest.
no wonder i hardly post anymore

You got a point there. Tavares or Hedmen or anyone could get injured or start to $H!T the bed. Elliott started off slow but he has started to pick it up. He scored then earned the 2nd star the other night in Brandon with no points. clrkth

howley
10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
sliding prospects = angelo esposito

Dwight Schrute
10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
sliding prospects = angelo esposito
patrick o'sullivan
alex cherepanov
phil kessel
zach parise
etc......
except those guys used it as inspiration and proved the scouts wrong and should have went higher

howley
10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
heh, how about blake wheeler, bobby ryan, hugh jessiman, of course they are not complete busts, just not making the impact they were expected to make at this point in their career.

AJ Thelen...ouch

I can't see Tavares or Hedman really sliding out of the top two even if they do have down seasons.
Seeing as Hedman is averaging over 25 mins a game in the SEL it seems like he's going to be ok...
Tavares is only averaging 2 points a game so far...so he may slide a little...hah...

I would also like to point out at this pace that the leafs will be 82-0 this season. Then bomb and be swept in the first round by NYI.

Dwight Schrute
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
ISS ranked elliot at # 16