PDA

View Full Version : We visit in Nov

tiny
10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
As Rebel fans, we plan to visit in November. I am still confused as to what arena you will be in. Can anyone help?

We are also interested in Hotels and Restaurants you would recommend.

Thanks.

Dannyboy206
10-08-2008, 02:18 AM
The Rebels will play the T-Birds in the Key Arena, Seattle Center early November. The New arena opens in Late December.

Thats a good time to vist. Hotels are relatively vacant in November. If price isn't an object the Pan Pacific Seattle is nice and is about 1.5 miles from the Arena. There are tons of budget hotels around as well.

Restaurant choices are vast.
Irish Pub www.tsmchughs.com for pre-game sports/pub style a short walk, and reasonable prices.

If price is no object then El Gaucho's at 2505 1st Ave, Seattle, WA
Tel: (206) 728-1337: has 1 of the 2 best steaks in the County, but it will set you back a bit (bring the 2nd checkbook).

There are some really good seafood spots. Chandlers Crab house is very highly rated http://www.schwartzbros.com/chandlers.cfm. About 1 mile from Arena... in the same quad as the Hooters if thats your style.

tiny
10-08-2008, 08:00 AM
nm

Bocephus
10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
When I was there a few years ago I stayed at the Ramada Inn Downtown 2200 Fifth Avenue Seattle, WA
It was 5 blocks South of the Space Needle and Experience Music Project and also 7 South of the Key Arena. All easily walkable in a safe neighbourhood. The hotel was clean and affordable with covered parking. Short drive to Pikes Market and other tourist interests. Wonderful city with plenty to do. A harbor cruise is also a nice touch. Seattle(Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks) Be sure to tour the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums as they are gems.
Don't be too thrilled with the atmosphere in Key Arena. The Americans and T-Birds game I attended was a bit dull as the stadium is far to large. I hope to return myself with the new arena in Kent.
cheers