PDA

View Full Version : Game 8 Broncos/Americans

Scout
10-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Game 8 vs Tri-City Americans

TONIGHT’S GAME: The Swift Current Broncos host the Tri City Americans for the first time in two years.

The Broncos are coming off their first loss of the season, a 5-2 defeat to the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Jordan Peddle and Justin Dowling had the Bronco goals.

NUMBERS: Keegan Dansereau leads the Broncos with 5 goals and 5 assists for 9 points, he has scored a point in every game this season...Dansereau is 9th in the WHL in goal scoring…The Broncos have won each game this season on home ice by the same 3-2 score...The Broncos are 3-0 at the Credit Union i-plex…Matt Tassone is second in the WHL in penalty minutes with 27…Jordan Peddle has 6 points good for 7th best in WHL rookie scoring…The Broncos have scored first in 6 of the 7 games played this year...Swift Current has only trailed once after two periods (loss to Lethbridge)…The Broncos are outshooting their opponents by an average of 36-27.

REGULAR SEASON vs. Tri-City: The Broncos were 0-1 versus the Americans last season, and 2-2 overall in the last 4 years.
SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 6 for 39, 15.4% and the penalty kill is 77.8%, giving up 8 goals on 36 tries.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 25 players...The team has 4 – 20 year old players, 6 – 19 year old players, 5 – 18 year old players, 8 – 17 year old players, and 2 – 16 year old players…Brad Hoban is is still at his home in Victoria recovering from a broken ankle he suffered this summer…Joel Rogers is coming off minor knee surgery and should return to the lineup in the next couple weeks…Jesse Dudas is still with the Edmonton Oilers re-habbing from a knee injury, suffered at their training camp…Derek Claffey has been named the Broncos captain for the month of October.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)...Matt Tassone (Dallas ’08)...Geordie Wudrick (LA ‘08).

Scout

Big Ern
10-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Just a quick note or two to add post-game....

-I think the PP needs to get going.....I would think the Broncos have to score at least one every five man advantages. It can't be good to keep going 0 for.

-the Ams must have done their video homework. Higher calibre guys on our team like Matt Tassone were being abseloutely swamped on in the corners and along the boards. Not much room....

-credit to the Ams for playing a full 60. Obviously they were unhappy with the 5-1 loss to the Blades two nights ago. It showed on this night.

-the Broncos didn't play the high tempo style tonight that we're used to seeing....there were spurts here and there and they definitely did get better as the game went on, but they never got anything going continuously. They were not outscored badly, but were they lucky to be in a one-goal game?

-you win some...you lose some. The guys will surely take a lesson from this low-intensity performance, and go head on into Saturday's matchup versus Kootenay. They'll be fine.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Toswammi
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I expect Wudrick to have a couple great games this weekend. He was benched in the third last night after that bad penalty. Should have a fire lit under him.

Nice to see Dean/Tim keeping the players accountable

bronco rep
10-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I think some of the vets should take a look on the ice & see who has been our best players. Yes our third line. Guys like Wudrick & Eakin had better pick it up. Eakin 1 point in in seven games whow. It looks like to me that this kid is not playing with the heart he had last yr, he was everywhere last yr. Remember boys heart wins you hockey games not talent!!!!

sbtatter
10-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow, you guys are brutal :spineyes:
Just kidding, 6 and 2 is a great start, without your #1 goalie as well.
Do you think your roster is pretty settled, or is there a trade or 2 in your immediate future? Who has been your best veteran, and your best rookie?
Maybe Eakin is suffering from the sophomore blues, as Glennie and Schenn are? Players like that are talented enough to snap out of it though...
3 and 4 start, now that's something to be depressed about!!

Broncs in RD
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't think our roster is that set yet. I think in order to make us competitive we need a high scoring player, I think Dean will address that in the near future. If people think we are better than last year, just because of our start they are delusional. Remember we lost Smith and Weise two HUGE parts and haven't really replaced them.
That being said guys like Peddle, Vause, Dowling and Wagner All but 1 are Rookies and are carrying the bulk of the load. Dans and Tassone have been Terrific. The ones that really need to get their heads on straight are Eakin, but more importantly Wudrick what is with him he is taking bad penalty after bad penalty most of them are hooking calls, that is being LAZY I thought he would come back from LA and be a force, he almost non-existent, I really like this guy has all the tools, but he has to want it. Dalecky is another great pre-season, but he needs to be a point producer.
Our D IMO is great right now with the addition (maybe) of Dudas it may be the best blueline in all of the CHL. I am however a little disappointed in Hewett, but love James Martin. Goaltending, Once Yonkman is back again proberally the best tandem in the WHL, Guggenburger has been very solid.

sbtatter
10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't think our roster is that set yet. I think in order to make us competitive we need a high scoring player, I think Dean will address that in the near future. If people think we are better than last year, just because of our start they are delusional. Remember we lost Smith and Weise two HUGE parts and haven't really replaced them.
That being said guys like Peddle, Vause, Dowling and Wagner All but 1 are Rookies and are carrying the bulk of the load. Dans and Tassone have been Terrific. The ones that really need to get their heads on straight are Eakin, but more importantly Wudrick what is with him he is taking bad penalty after bad penalty most of them are hooking calls, that is being LAZY I thought he would come back from LA and be a force, he almost non-existent, I really like this guy has all the tools, but he has to want it. Dalecky is another great pre-season, but he needs to be a point producer.
Our D IMO is great right now with the addition (maybe) of Dudas it may be the best blueline in all of the CHL. I am however a little disappointed in Hewett, but love James Martin. Goaltending, Once Yonkman is back again proberally the best tandem in the WHL, Guggenburger has been very solid.
Very interesting analysis, thanks!! You are blessed with a very good pair of goalies. Dudas could be just like Bartley if he could only stay healthy. Looking forward to seeing your new young guns in a couple of weeks.

Flathead
10-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Hard work and a solid 60 minutes is what it takes to win games and I think Tri Cities showed us that last night. They just seemed to be a step ahead of us all night and wanted it more.

stick boy
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I think a little composure from our shooters would help. How many times did we hit Pickard in the logo last night. We did a good job of finding the late man on the rush and got some got looks but panicked and just fired without thinking. Grant Toulmin took the best shot of the game in the second period when he rang iron. Great for Grant but man if our fourth line guy is going to have the most composure we are in trouble.