10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
It's true, we suck right now.

Allin44
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Nobody gives a ****, thats why. All night I just wanted to scream

"PLAY WITH SOME ****ING HEART AND PRIDE YOU SPOILED PRICKS"

Bocephus
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow, didn't realize the beatdown Lethbridge laid on you last spring would have such lasting effects. I feel terrible. applause

WHEATMAN
10-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Whoa, we all just need to calm down right now, we are a good team, alot of good teams have had a slow start out of the gate and ended up fine, remember 04/05 anyone?, our roster isn't even finalized yet anyway. Yes I think a minor trade for a dependable blueline could help us, but we shouldn't screw around with the core of our team we are only a handful of games into the season afterall. Just give it some time everyone, if after the west coast roadtrip we are still struggling, then yeah we need to do some major tinkering, we are only 7 games into a 72 game season, its better to have the bad ones at the start than at the end ;)

Allin44
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
You can have a great team but if you play like ****ing cowards and with no emotion or heart and continue to lose, it deflates you. We are one or two more bad losses away from disaster if we continue to play like this.

Vik
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Alright, I've got it. I know the problem. They no longer can look up into the stands and gain inspiration from seeing my beautiful face. That's the problem. They're just so down that I'm no longer around, they can't play like they used to. That's gotta be it.

WHEATMAN
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
You can have a great team but if you play like ****ing cowards and with no emotion or heart and continue to lose, it deflates you. We are one or two more bad losses away from disaster if we continue to play like this.

We are far from disaster, we are 7 GAMES into the season, yes we have played bad I can't deny that, but I see no point in blowing a gasket over it. We do have a good team, we just aren't clicking right now for whatever reason. Kelly isn't a dumb man, he will find out what is wrong with the team and address it accordingly, mark my words, this team will live up to its billing as a contender.

Allin44
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
We are far from disaster, we are 7 GAMES into the season, yes we have played bad I can't deny that, but I see no point in blowing a gasket over it. We do have a good team, we just aren't clicking right now for whatever reason. Kelly isn't a dumb man, he will find out what is wrong with the team and address it accordingly, mark my words, this team will live up to its billing as a contender.

Even if the organizational assessment shows that the team isn't responding to him?

WHEATMAN
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Even if the organizational assessment shows that the team isn't responding to him?

How do you know they aren't responding to him? seven games isn't enough to tell. There could be a variety of reasons for the teams lack of success so far that could be far from Kelly's fault, just give it some time, if we are 15 games into the season and we are still playing like this, I will concede that you are right and they aren't responding to Kelly, but now it's far too soon to say they aren't. Every single teams goes through funks like this at some point during the season.

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow, didn't realize the beatdown Lethbridge laid on you last spring would have such lasting effects. I feel terrible. applause
Nice attempt at trolling man!
On a more serious note, how many games did it take you last season to get going, I think you were playing .500ish then made a trade and got on the road and went on a great run? Maybe we'll end up doing the same thing?!

Section Eight
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
It's true, we suck right now.

Hey pal, I thought Joe C. and Hayes were the problem and getting a start from Priestner was the answer?

Different goaltender, same terrible defensive play, same predictable outcome.

Got any more goaltenders you feel deserve a start!

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Who picked the stars tonight? I thought it was quite a shot aimed at the WK's by picking 3 Blades (and not Holtby) as the stars and then naming Priestner as our hardest worker....might make the players think about it a little bit?!!

Bocephus
10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice attempt at trolling man!
On a more serious note, how many games did it take you last season to get going, I think you were playing .500ish then made a trade and got on the road and went on a great run? Maybe we'll end up doing the same thing?!
Just having some fun with ya.
The Brandon posters are always great and that is what I enjoy about the banter with you guys.
Last year 4-7-0-1 for us before we turned it around and all of us, me included, were ready to jump ship. We had a turn around game in Brandon on a road trip and the rest is history.
You guys will be alright. Most of us know this.

patsdude114
10-08-2008, 12:07 AM
The problem in Brandon is there is no dependable goaltender. The team is let down time and time again by the goaltending. The team has problems with getting the big save at key times to keep the team into the game. You guys got a good team there lots of depth just 1 small problem which turns out to be the most important position in hockey. Until Brandon finds a goalie capable you will be let down time and time again. Joe C wasnt very realiable last season had a good team infront of him (prob a better team then this year)

sbtatter
10-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Just having some fun with ya.
The Brandon posters are always great and that is what I enjoy about the banter with you guys.
Last year 4-7-0-1 for us before we turned it around and all of us, me included, were ready to jump ship. We had a turn around game in Brandon on a road trip and the rest is history.
You guys will be alright. Most of us know this.
Yeah, we might be a little more inclined for light hearted banter once we right our ship!!!!!!
I remember that game here in Bdn, I think we outshot the Canes, but they were opportunistic.
What trades did you make last year? I think you got a lot for the Dietrich bros?

Bocephus
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah, we might be a little more inclined for light hearted banter once we right our ship!!!!!!
I remember that game here in Bdn, I think we outshot the Canes, but they were opportunistic.
What trades did you make last year? I think you got a lot for the Dietrich bros?
We traded the uncontributing Deitrich boys, a dependable but unspectacular 17 Ryan Kerr and a good young defenseman in 17 Travis Bobbee. We got 3 struggling Winterhawks in return that no Hurricane fan really knew much about. 20 Nick Hotson who came over to play on the second line and contributed nearly a point a game, 18 Colton Sceviour who has proven to be a gem and played on the first line, and 17 Lucas Alexiuk who struggled and has now been released but was servicable for the year he was here.
In all we lost four unimportant parts and gained a great year from Hotson and what looks like about 2 fabulous years from Sceviour. Great trade in all.
Not sure how we got so lucky.
btw, we had turned the season around before that trade as we had won 4 or 5 in a row by that point and fans were wondering why make the trade and mess up a nice streak. The streak became 14 or so without a loss. What do us fans know. LOL
The trade gave us a top 6 forward group that any successful team needs. We were also not fallen by injuries too badly last year which is also key.

Tidball
10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Who picked the stars tonight? I thought it was quite a shot aimed at the WK's by picking 3 Blades (and not Holtby) as the stars and then naming Priestner as our hardest worker....might make the players think about it a little bit?!!

Yeah i think Elliott was confused when he was picked as the 2nd star. Priestener i thought kept you guys in the game till the very end. Score coulda easily been 6-2.