PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Ice

patsdude114
10-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Well dont know much about the Ice this year but they do got Bailey, Sylvester & Negrin. Stickland hasnt dont nothing since opening night when he scored 4 goals, so in his last 8 games he has 2 assists. His team leading points is very hard to justify considering in 1 game he scored 4 goals and hasnt scored since.

Lets hope our so called #1 is able to get something going tonight. Against Red Deer they were sleeping. Eberle couldnt make a play if his life depended on it, but then again the whole game itself was a sleeper. Just 1 of those things that happens alot early in the season. Hope tonights game has some up tempo play with some energy. Leffler back in the line-up should help out there.

I love the way Teubert is playing to start the year. Yes he took 1 very bad slashing call against Red Deer but he is playing with a mean streak i havent seen in a very long time. Ya we do need Teubert on the ice more but this is his style of play we have to live with the good and bad out of it. If he changed the way he played he wouldnt be effective at all.

Who gets the call between the pipes tonight? Rowat?? Bosch?? Ketlo??? Ketlo played extremely well against Red Deer made some flashy saves, plays the puck much better then Rowat. decisions, decisions, decisions lol

CJSenterprise4
10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Rowat will get the start but it could be anyone really. Nobody will know till game time. I should be in attendance tonight as this wind will suck to drive into for an hour to get there. Hopefully it's a great game though.

patsdude114
10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Well must say tonights game was very entertaining. 5-4 Pats win... Kootney's 3 PP goals all came within a 2min span. Leffler takes a holding penalty then decides to whine to the ref about his hold, then the coaches decide to whine also and get a bench penalty. I really dont know y they were whining Leffler clearly used his free hand and held onto the Kootney player. Now i know you guys will say it was a cheap penalty since what the ref was letting go all game. But when have we ever made a post about the ref's being great lol It was a hold and the ref got it right, cant say the same for his other calls/non calls. So anyways Leffler gets 2 for holding, 2 for unsportsmanlike plus the bench penalty for unsportsmanlike. Kootney scores 3 times end of story lol.

Bosch had no chance on any of those 3 goals. Infact Bosch kept us in this game all game long.

Kootney works hard shift in and shift out. I thought tested our work ethic all game long, and for the most part the Pats matched it. Tonight i thought Bartley had a off game, especially his 1st period. Giving the puck away alot tonight.

When was the last time we have been able to say Leffler scores 2 goals in a game??? Or have we ever???????? Leffler must of learned something in Washington camp cuz i havent seen Leffler play like this in his career before. Yes he always works hard, throws big checks but the stats side of his game has never been up to par for what he was suppose to be for a prospect when drafted. Kudos to Leffler for his game tonight and lets hope he can keep it up for a whole season with consistant play.

Our goaltending situations keeps getting tougher and tougher with each game.... Who do we play??? Who do we keep???

CJSenterprise4
10-08-2008, 11:15 PM
It was a good game...i missed the first period but Kootenay works really hard and they probably did work a bit harder in the 2nd for sure. Once the Pats got that 3rd they seemed to think they were going to breeze through the rest of the game. They are up 3 goals..go to the box and serve your 2 minutes or less! Instead lets yap and give up the lead in two minutes and let Kootenay back in the game. Bosch played very well and it is hard to decide which goalie to keep but they better do it soon because i don't think any goalie is going to be happy with a 3 man rotation. The longer this situation goes on the more problems the team will have with the players voicing their wanting to play more minutes.

CrazyGeorge
10-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I was at the Pats/Ice game as well...not really a Pats fan (Go Broncos) but I did get to the game against the Ice. VERY impressed with Bosch. I agree totally that the three goals on the PP were not his fault at all. Teubart caused that too many men which was stupid. He was leaving the ice but the puck was there so I decided to keep going. Simply stupid in my opinion. He played very physical tonight which was pretty good. Eberle's short handed goal was...wow. Just ripped that one. Other than that, I was not impressed with Eberle at all. I finally got to see Jordan Weal. Probably a good idea to have Leffler on his line. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the Pats as a unit. There supposedly solid defensemen group had tough times for a good chunk to get the puck out of their own zone. In the end, Bosh was a very deserving 1st star, maybe all three stars.