PDA

View Full Version : Berg released....

Trav
10-10-2008, 06:44 AM
According to today's paper, Mitch Berg was re-assigned, no surprise there.

Reich won't be playing tonight also even though his suspension ended, like what Molleken said. "If it ain't broke, why fix it"

Tidball
10-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I like Berg, but the reason he was released im guessing is to make room for Jyri Niemi.

PJ-34
10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
No big shock there. Berg hasn't really done much and I'm still shocked he even made the team. As for Reich, can't wait to see him back.

brawler21
10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
According to today's paper, Mitch Berg was re-assigned, no surprise there.

Reich won't be playing tonight also even though his suspension ended, like what Molleken said. "If it ain't broke, why fix it"

now that really doesnt make sense. I can understand the "if its not broke dont fix it" but you just dont sit out you're vetran 20yr olds unless there is good cause....such as discipline by the team or injuries and such. maybe a trade in the works? who knows....but i certainly am not biteing on the "aint broke dont fix it" scenario in this case.
what is you're source on him not playing tonight...link please?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!

nivek_wahs
10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
now that really doesnt make sense. I can understand the "if its not broke dont fix it" but you just dont sit out you're vetran 20yr olds unless there is good cause....such as discipline by the team or injuries and such. maybe a trade in the works? who knows....but i certainly am not biteing on the "aint broke dont fix it" scenario in this case.
what is you're source on him not playing tonight...link please?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=1eaf008d-1a99-44ff-9c60-0f2308ed323e

Thanks to a three-game winning streak, the Saskatoon Blades' lineup is suddenly tough to crack.

Coach-GM Lorne Molleken released 17-year-old defenceman Mitch Berg on Thursday, and 20-year-old agitator Mike Reich won't play tonight in Edmonton, even though he has completed an eight-game suspension.

"Why break it? It ain't broke," Molleken said of his lineup which improved to 4-4 with consecutive wins over Tri-City, Medicine Hat and Brandon. "Mike has served his suspension, but our plan right now is for him to play (Saturday) in Red Deer, not in Edmonton.

"All four lines are clicking and there's good chemistry there, so he's going to have to be patient and wait his turn."

brawler21
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks....still makes me :spineyes:

you only are allowed 3 OA's.....and they better be more valuable to you on the ice then in the stands if you are going to be successful in the long run.
JMO