PDA

View Full Version : Game 9-Hitmen 3 at Canes 1

Hitmen1
10-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Hopefully the Hitmen can win their first road game of the year. Its their first road game in 14 days. The game will be broadcast on the fan 960 tonight.

Gameday Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Hitmen1
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Big road win for the Hitmen tonight. Special teams continue to be impressive. The Hitmen went 2/3 on the power play and only gave up one goal in 6 times being shorthanded. Martin Jones played in goal tonight. I think the writing is on the wall for Spence. He hasn't dressed since Jones returned from LA Camp.

Box Score (http://whl.ca/en/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005334)

peatfan
10-11-2008, 10:54 AM
It was another good TEAM effort by the HITMEN. yeehoo THis is definately a different TEAM from last year as they seem faster and much more aggressive. Great to see everyone following Coach Lowrey's system which so far is working.
I really can't see Spence staying here which is a shame :( as he is a great person and a good goalie. Hopefully he can land on another team in the WHL. As far as the other o/a who will be gone I still think it will be Duval who will be traded to Kamloops. Again it will be sad to see Ian go but someone has to be traded. It's between Ian & Seabrook and Sea had been playing so good it'll be tough to trade him.
It's good to see how everyone is sticking up for each other clrkth as witness last night after Wright's cheap shot when he ran Sylvester from behind into the boards. Any talk about the HITMEN must include the pk which ran it's record to 38 staight kills before it allowed a goal. :clap: This could be a record but I'm not sure. 6 pp by the Canes and they only had 4 shots on net. Great pk by MacMillan-Sylvester, Ty-McDonald, Sonne-Bortis, and all the d-men. vci22
So next up is Saskatoon, then P George and the the Canes for the third time.
Let's go HITMEN
clrkth Boogaard'd pbj clrkth Boogaard'd :groovy:

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-11-2008, 11:50 AM
You guys played great defensive positional hockey last night. Your trap was very effective as we are missing our top puck moving forwards and D-man. You totally deserved to win.

moon
10-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I
It's good to see how everyone is sticking up for each other clrkth as witness last night after Wright's cheap shot when he ran Sylvester from behind into the boards:

Did you see the hit?

It was a great, clean hit that looked bad because Sylvester is tiny.

Good to see Bogart take a few shots for trying to be a tough guy on that play too.

peatfan
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah I saw the hit as it was right in front of us. Your defination of a clean hit is diferent than mine as a hit from behind, into the boards was never considered clean to me. As far as the fight I would call it a draw, Wright did land on top when they went to the ice but that alone doesn't constitute a win. Wright did beat up Plante here in Calgary last week. That game wa smuch more physcial than last night's game.
I'm looking forward to seeing these two teams play later in the year when all players are back. Your Canes with Zavh & Sbisa in the lineup will be tough to beat. Lots of talent on both teams and our coaching is even this year.