PDA

View Full Version : caligiuri to be traded

brandonwheater
10-11-2008, 02:19 AM
I hope he goes to a team where they will appreciate his talent. He 's worth more than two players in a trade.This is Brandon's loss and certainely another teams gain. best of luck to you JOE

The Wheatiemaniac
10-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Sometimes a change of address is what you need to rediscover the fire. I wish him well. But we have what we need between the pipes.

Bully73
10-11-2008, 08:50 AM
He 's worth more than two players in a trade
Not sure if you were kidding, but not a chance. We gave up a third round pick to get Priestner, who just beat out Joe for the backup position. I can't see us getting as much as we gave up to get Priestner, unless a multi-player trade takes place. That's if there are any takers for Joe at all. As another poster pointed out, he may be finishing his career in the MJHL, where he would be a star.
Whatever happens and whatever Joe decides to do, I wish him all the best. From all accounts he is a very classy guy and it's too bad he had to be put throught this. The situation had to be very hard on him the last few weeks, but unfortunately thats part of sports when you play at this level.

sbtatter
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Kelly Mac said on the radio that he told Joe "sometimes in my position i have to deliver bad news to great people for the good of the organization, there has been no finer individual who has played for the Wheaties". i paraphrased a bit but that's the gist of it.....

Joe just didn't have the size or the ability to be a #1 goalie in the dub, but there is no doubt he was a quality individual. The way he has handled these past 2 weeks of sitting out is an indication of the classy guy he is.
I think every one of us fans really wish him the best in the future.....

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Based on last night, you can tell Hayes will be looking to make the best of this situation. I think he realizes what he needs to do to keep this current position.

Deep down I think I wished that things would have worked out for Joe, but he probably wouldn't be here anyways next season. I wish him the best.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Is he 19? It may be early in the season and teams in the same conference may not want to trade. However I think we will be looking for a quality, mature backup, who can play top notch hockey in this league soon.

sbtatter
10-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Is he 19? It may be early in the season and teams in the same conference may not want to trade. However I think we will be looking for a quality, mature backup, who can play top notch hockey in this league soon.
He is 19 and a great team player

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
He is 19 and a great team player
Ya it sounds like he is a real character guy and well liked. That is exactly what Stasiuk likes and we need. A great #1-a goalie......not #2 goalie ........ who will be willing to fight for the #1 slot, but not beat out Juha no way no how.
He must be willing to fight for, but won't win the starters role from JUHA .................. and still be a team guy and positive.

Most of all Caliaguri (sp) must be ready to be a number one goalie for the Canes run at the the MEM CUP and maybe JUHA JUHA JUHA gets hurt.

From what I saw last year in the playoffs; JOEY C. is a very very capable goalie and pretty much exactly what we need.