PDA

View Full Version : Cats pick up Caligiuri from Wheat Kings.

the flying moose
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Reading what Wheat Kings fans have to say about him I am looking forward to seeing how he does and how he meshes with the team.

http://www.pgcougars.com/news/text/547/1/Cougars+Acquire+Caligiuri

Oct 14 2008
Cougars Acquire Caligiuri

Prince George, BC- The Prince George Cougars have acquired 19-year old goaltender Joe Caligiuri from the Brandon Wheat Kings in exchange for a 2009 7th round bantam draft selection.
Caligiuri is a 5’10”, 172 pound native of Winnipeg Manitoba.
In 75 career games Caligiuri is 42-24-4 with 2.75 goals against average and a .886 save %. Caligiuri has 4 career shutouts.
This season with the Brandon Wheat Kings, Caligiuri is 1-1-0-0.
Caligiuri will join the Cougars on Wednesday in Calgary.

Section Eight
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Caliguri was the Wheaties best goaltender just got caught up in the numbers of being a 19 year old on a club positioning itself to go with 3 20 year-old skaters for next years M Cup run.

They'll miss him this year but he just wasn't part of next year's plan and Crim made a decision to develop the 2 younger goaltenders.

Caliguri was one of the Wheaties best players in last year playoffs against Lethbridge and always seems to play well when gets shots early gets into the flow of the game.

A good pick-up for PG.

Brandonite
10-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Just noticed on the P.G. website where it talks about the trade picking up Caliguri and it has a picture who they Im assuming think is Joe but its actually Tyler Plante in a wheaties uniform. LOL...I sure hope they know for sure who they are getting here! I just thought that was humerous to see

Brandonite
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Great to see Caliguri get the start lastnight for P.G. in Edmonton. He got the win in a 6-3 victory. Good for him and hopefully he can get on a roll