PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets/Memorial Cup

dagley
10-15-2008, 11:59 PM
This is an interesting subject I seen come up on another forum. Will season ticket holders indeed get first bids on Memorial Cup tickets? I read in other places that you enter yourself into a "lottery" to try and win tickets, but I'd like to be hopefully corrected on that, due to the fact I have had tickets for 8 years, I'd hate not to have the opportunity to experience such a unique event due to the fact that some guys from Ontario or Eastern Canada or wherever else they may come from gets to sit in the same seat I have occupied for every Wheat Kings game in the last 8 years.

GoWheaties/67's
10-16-2008, 12:40 AM
As a season ticket holder I wouldn't be very happy either if a person can't get to the event. Especially if season tickets rise because of holding the
Memorial Cup and then can't go anyway. I would think the Wheatkings would
have a hard time keeping fans the next year. Just wondering.

Section Eight
10-16-2008, 08:06 AM
I fully expect WK Management to accomodate long standing season ticket holders in the distribution of M Cup Tickets.

There might be some proviso on how long those tickets have been held, i.e. if you rush out and buy them today - maybe not, but CHL teams usually experience a bit of funk after holding the M Cup and to complicate that by pissing off long term season ticket holders ... just doesn't make sense.

No question tickets are going to go up in $ but tickets are so ridiculously low right now who could really complain.

Count on it ... if you were a season ticket prior to this season you'll be there!

sbtatter
10-16-2008, 08:19 AM
We will have 3300 Mem Cup tickets available, so to be sure you get Mem Cup tix, ensure you have a ST this season (be in the first 3300 to get a ST this year), renew it for next year and you'll be fine!! That's my guess anyway!!

localguy
10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I think the CHL has some say in how many tickets are left to be sold, after they hold back how ever many they need for the incoming teams familes and staff (proabably around 200-250). Also I think a certiain % for walk up customers as well. And there was the full package and not much else. I am not sure how the pricing and packages were put together and by whom. But, with a 5400 SRO capacity to your building, there should be lots of room to accomodate all that. I would certainly hope that if you hold season seats you would have first crack at them for the mem cup.

Bully73
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
We will have 3300 Mem Cup tickets available, so to be sure you get Mem Cup tix, ensure you have a ST this season (be in the first 3300 to get a ST this year), renew it for next year and you'll be fine!! That's my guess anyway!!
That is my understanding, although I'm not positive on what the exact number is that are available. It is definitely more than the current season ticket base, so all current season ticket holders should be guaranteed to be able to purchase a mem cup ticket should they so choose (as long as they renew their season tickets next year).

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah I plan on attending the event and I'm in a different province.

wheat_city96
10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
are they not adding a couple thousand more seats? i heard this a couple weeks ago but i dont know how they would put more seats in the building unless they took the roof off of westman.

sbtatter
10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
are they not adding a couple thousand more seats? i heard this a couple weeks ago but i dont know how they would put more seats in the building unless they took the roof off of westman.No new seats

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
http://luberslounge.blogspot.com/2008/10/2010-memorial-cup-ticket-pricing.html

The Brandon Wheat Kings unveiled a few more details about the 2010 Memorial Cup this afternoon.

The price of a Memorial Cup Ticket package will be $399 plus GST, which is actually cheaper than packages for the 2008 Memorial Cup in Kitchener and the 2009 event in Rimouski.

Wheat Kings 2008-2009 season ticket holders than renew for next season will be given first opportunity to reserve their Memorial Cup Ticket package.

There will only be between 3,300 and 3,400 packages available to fans with 1,800 set aside for Canadian Hockey League committments to sponsors, dignitaries and for fans of the competing teams.

Once the tournament host committee structure has been finalized, more details on Volunteer services will be announced but, for now, potential volunteers are asked to contact the Wheat Kings' office.

The theme of the 2010 Memorial Cup will be Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow.

GlutenGlutton
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
are they not adding a couple thousand more seats? i heard this a couple weeks ago but i dont know how they would put more seats in the building unless they took the roof off of westman.

Can't see it happening, the last thing we need is an arena with Sask-Place-icitis in 2011 (dead empty hollow half-filled building at best on an average night). Just imagine how rocking that place is going to be with 5500 jammed in for every big game!