PDA

View Full Version : blades get chorneyko from the canes

wango tango
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM
the blades have traded for 20 year old forward adam chorneyko from the lethbridge hurricanes. lethbridge gets a 5th round bantam pick back.

blades 20's are reich, joe, and chorneyko.

PJ-34
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Good list of twenties there! I like this trade. He seems like a hard working power forward and through eight games he's already got 4 goals and three assists, and last years playoffs he got 7 points I believe. Great trade!!! GO BLADES GO!!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
He is a hard working, decent size guy with lot's of character. He will help you at both ends of the ice and in the room.

Trav
10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Heard yesterday Saskatoon was rumoured to be one of the teams going for him, nice to see they were able to get him and not give up a whole lot. Decent stats so far, hopefully he'll continue to put up points here.

grainbear
10-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Some may say we let him go for too little but remember Boychuk was a 5 th rounder

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Now where does he fit in the line-up? I was thinking on the 3rd line,because right now the top 2 lines are staying as is. Although with Hamilton out of the line-up now,I suppose that opens up a spot on the 2nd line? We shall see what happens on Tuesday.

wango tango
10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
more i think about the chorneyko trade, the more i like it because of his versatility.

sounds like chorneyko will take hamiltons place on the line with toomey and langkow. with injuries a given in hockey i'm sure somebody else will go down and chorneyko will be able to fill almost any roll asked of him on whatever line. good to have a quality utility guy like him.