PDA

View Full Version : Jung to Lethbridge

grainbear
10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Just read on Regans rant that Kelowna has traded Jung goaltender . to us for a 5th round in 2010 . Any one know anything about this guy ?

Bocephus
10-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Just read on Regans rant that Kelowna has traded Jung goaltender . to us for a 5th round in 2010 . Any one know anything about this guy ?
He was the starting goalie for the Rockets last year and was intending to be the starter this year in his 19 year old season but the Rockets decided to go in another direction and traded for Lazaruk and keep Westblom as the backup. Jung had been sent home to await a trade. I think this is a great move if it is true. I will wiat out an announcement though.

Bocephus
10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I see the trade is official and I was wrong in stating he was the starter last season. He was in fact the backup. I still think this could be important as he could be a starter next season if Metsola does graduate from the Dub.

apsco17
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Guess you could consider Jung as Westblooms back-up for the Rockets last year, but Jung got a lot of starts - it was thought that he didn't live up to his potential. Westbloom was an over-ager last year and is no longer in the league. Adam Brown, a 17 y/o from California is backing up Lazaruk this year for the Rockets.

One thing about Jung that I heard was that he is a straight up guy with good character. The Kelowna media guys loved him.

Hope Jung does well.

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-16-2008, 08:29 PM
With the addition of Torrie Jung the Hurricanes now have 4 players who call Vancouver Island home: Jung, Mitch Fadden, Cam Braes, and Alex Theriau. What's next for Lethbridge, ocean side condos? yeehoo

sbtatter
10-16-2008, 09:00 PM
With the addition of Torrie Jung the Hurricanes now have 4 players who call Vancouver Island home: Jung, Mitch Fadden, Cam Braes, and Alex Theriau. What's next for Lethbridge, ocean side condos? yeehoo
At least golf weekends at Bear Mountain!!!!

Jake
10-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Another appropriate move by Roy. Didn't overspend but brought in an experienced guy for insurance in case the injury bug hit.

The team will start to come into its own when the NHL guys return.

Bocephus
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=10347&showToc=1&game_id=
Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes General Manager, Roy Stasiuk, announced this morning that the Canes have traded 89-born goaltender Torrie Jung to the Edmonton Oil Kings in exchange for a 6th round draft pick in the 2010 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft. With the trade, Edmonton is able to address their team needs for a solid, healthy backstop.

“Torrie Jung is an incredible kid with a great attitude, this is a chance for him to start in Edmonton and certainly from our point of view it’s a chance to help a partner in our league that is a little bit down on their luck right now in that they have lost two goaltenders.” said Stasiuk adding “This allows them to remain competitive and at the same time, we have two very good goaltenders here now and we will carry on.”

Jung is a veteran of over 50 Western Hockey League games with a career record of 21-27-4-8. Last season, Jung tallied a 13-12-0-5 record with a pair of shutouts and a goals against average of 2.86, good enough to rank him 18th in the WHL. The 6’1”, 175 pound native of Nanaimo, BC was selected in the 7th round (183rd overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

hmmmmm???