PDA

View Full Version : Dweeb line

sbtatter
10-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Is the best line you've seen for a while in Regina? 2 small shifty snipers for sure....

scoreboard
10-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Is the best line you've seen for a while in Regina? 2 small shifty snipers for sure....

And let us hope it will stay that way.

sbtatter
10-18-2008, 12:55 PM
SORRY BUT THE LINE HAS BEEN NAMED THE - DEW - LINE

DEW - ER - THE DWEEB LINE !!!
Maybe in Regina, but the rest of us prefer Dweeb!!!
Actually I'd prefer not to play against that line at all!!!!!

nivek_wahs
10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I think the "Dweeb" line is awesome. Waaaaay more memorable than the "Dew" line. 3 or 4 years from now who is going to remember the "Dew" line? "Dweeb" is different and it is memorable. Roddy is using "Dweeb" so I am sticking with it.

sbtatter
10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I think the "Dweeb" line is awesome. Waaaaay more memorable than the "Dew" line. 3 or 4 years from now who is going to remember the "Dew" line? "Dweeb" is different and it is memorable. Roddy is using "Dweeb" so I am sticking with it.
It's an awesome name b/c it's so ironic, they're such a good line that they can take a crazy name like that and just keep on scoring, anyway, whatever they're called, they're good!!

patsrock83
10-19-2008, 09:50 AM
and not to mention the dew lines is retarded anyway whoever made that up is obviously a little slow.

CJSenterprise4
10-19-2008, 12:20 PM
but even though i made the D-E-W line you are still a bit slower than me..i know it does suck but so does dweeb. Can't make a line name if they change the lines everyother game anyways..... The Pats real name should be 3rd Period Chokers. Gave up 4 goals in Medicine Hat in the 3rd thats just brutal. Same as last year...what is this the worst conditioned team in the league?

nivek_wahs
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
but even though i made the D-E-W line you are still a bit slower than me..i know it does suck but so does dweeb. Can't make a line name if they change the lines everyother game anyways..... The Pats real name should be 3rd Period Chokers. Gave up 4 goals in Medicine Hat in the 3rd thats just brutal. Same as last year...what is this the worst conditioned team in the league?And you call yourself a Pats fan? Yikes.... you sound like the blue-hairs at the games.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
All of these names are awful(dweeb is no "Legion of Doom"), and pointless anyways since the lines get shuffled the instant they stop producing. Id worry more about the play of the team than some stupid line name.

This Dweeb line probably wont last too long anyways. Doucet is good at faceoffs and hustles, but isnt the answer for our top line scoring. Should just continue rotating the LWers (euros and strueby, not macangus) and see what happens. The second line is fine, Deuce can center leffler and Strueby(or whichever LW) until extra help is brought in.

Should also give the more talented rookies(aside from weal) more chances in offensive situations. Maybe throw a guy like Mulder or Breitkreuz(herb?) on the second line and see how he does (example).

And you call yourself a Pats fan? Yikes.... you sound like the blue-hairs at the games.You cant really dispute what he has said though. The pats were awful last night, and even after getting a new coach, still have the same bad habits. Same problems every game...can never play 60 minutes, and/or we have trouble sticking to the game plan. Its actually becoming predictable.

All of it really comes down to working hard and not coasting on talent. Though I dont think conditioning is an issue. Sometimes its the other way around, where we turn it up in the 3rd and its branded as a "too little too late" performance. We gotta lose the "thats good enough" attitude. We just arent a hard working team, at least in comparison to the Red Deers and Medicine hats of the league...and its starting to bite us in the ass.

I would just like to see these issues actually getting addressed. Parker needs to make the necessary trade(s) already, Derkatch needs to come down onto the players and fix these work ethic issues, and some of the players need to pull their own weight.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-21-2008, 01:16 AM
This Dweeb line probably wont last too long anyways.

Called it. Though it didnt go the way I wanted it to.

Doucet was released by the pats.

http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx

I'll share my reaction to this on a thread in the morning. But this more or less confirms that there really is no escape from Macangus.

Maybe they bring back Kirt Hill? More likely, they make a trade for a good 20, but Hill is a defensive forward with some upside that this team can use.

nivek_wahs
10-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Called it. Though it didnt go the way I wanted it to.

Doucet was released by the pats.

http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx

I'll share my reaction to this on a thread in the morning. But this more or less confirms that there really is no escape from Macangus.

Maybe they bring back Kirt Hill? More likely, they make a trade for a good 20, but Hill is a defensive forward with some upside that this team can use.Yikes.

witness
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Derkach runs a tight ship. If you don't want to adbide by the rules, then go home. Rudy sat out the Red Deer game because Derkach thought he was taking short cuts. I have the feeling that Doucet was going to be scatched tonight and didn't like it.
I don't see them picking up Hill. That defensive role is being filled by Hanson. It gives the Pats the opportunity to look on the wires or a spot a the trading deadline. And to give some more playing time to some of the younger guys (who, by the way, are playing really well). Guys like Mitchell, Mulder and Hood are going to get more icetime.
I also think that the Pats are going to send down Ketlo before the end of the month. There doesn't seem to be a market for goaltenders right now and it is just not fair to keep a 3 goaltender rotation. With an open 20 spot and 3 goal tenders that have proven that they can play, the Pats can have a couple of aces up their sleeves for the trade deadline.

CJSenterprise4
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
rudy has been the hardest working player in over half the Pats games yet he gets benched then Doucet gets axed early in the year. Sure you want to be tough but we can't really afford to bench or release every guy that has a bad/dumb game. Also yeah don't get Hill back on this team he is definitely no better than Doucet or really anyone else on this team.

The thing is does do though is leave open a great opportunity to get an actual play making 20 year old C to play with Eberle and Weal hopefully something can be done.

hounddog
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Perkins is the one running the offense . Perkins is the one benching these offensive guys, watch the bench. I've sat behind the bench and watched this display of what he calls coaching. He swears and demeans these players, and if I was a player, I wouldn't play for him either. Derkatch is sitting back and letting him do it. Derkatch is running the defense, of all things we have an offensive minded coach running the defense.

Doucet got benched last game for getting a penalty, same thing with Rudy. There needs to be changes at the top for this team to go anywhere and be inspired to win......

Watch the bench and see for yourselves. EVERY player out there is frustrated...

CJSenterprise4
10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
No one ****ing played out there. Eberle should have had at least a hat trick and him and weal tried but other than that is was brutal!!! The D was really really bad and well the goaltending was not great but they did not have any help what so ever. A tap in on the PP at the side of the net and pretty much two 2 on 0's with just BEAUTY changes by the D men leaving Ketlo stranded in the 2nd period there.

It was a **** effort and the team should be embarrassed they came out and played with no heart or determination what so ever. Hanson got beat up a couple times but he did draw the PP on the first fight with reich taking a dumb penalty for unsportsmanlike which we all knew he would. Yet the PP was more interested in who knows what but definitely not gaining the zone and scoring goals.

Just pathetic yet the Blades looked really good. They were quicker, smarter and played harder with way better goaltending. They look like they will be a tough team to contend with and have a shot at the division this year. Lots of credit to them who actually came to play hockey tonight.

Also i don't know if the goalies are just not playing great because of the situation but the Pats goalies have not looked that great the last week and a bit other than Ketlo playing great against the Rebels.

hounddog
10-22-2008, 07:27 AM
I told you, doesn't this team look reminisent of when Hunt used to go away in December for the Juniors and Perkins took over. The team is scrambly, lacks intensity, doesn't play well. The players don't like Perkins as all he does is yell and scream at them. Perkins is running this team and it will be the worst outcome if things don't change with the coaching.