PDA

View Full Version : Bdn 3 v 1 Swifty

sbtatter
10-18-2008, 09:28 PM
A game that wasn't as close as the score suggests, lopsided likely b/c Swifty were missing quite a few players. Our forwards figured out how to beat Guggenberger, he's a big confident goalie but now we've found his weakness (they all have one, it's just figuring out what it is) he won't be quite so imposing...good goalie though, maybe he'll beat out Yonkman?
Danserau broke the shutout with 1 minute left, on a PP and also with his goaltender pulled, that was the only time all night we noticed Keegan.
Schenn was playing better, best line on the ice again was Glennie, Fehr and Lewadniuk, they're playing as well as the baby blues did last year.
Good game for Hayes.
You could tell that Swifty have good team speed right from the start, feels great to beat the top team in our conference.
Schneider looks like he might be a really good pickup, I like the way he plays....

Allin44
10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Our transition game was phenomenal tonight, and we really stretched their d out with those passes. While it was nice to see the young d-men step up tonight, I'd really rather we didn't ice those 6 on a consistent basis, always kind of nervous and those guys don't have great puck poise, but they will obviously get better.

I can't tell if Schneider looks good, or just doesn't look bad. There is a bit of a difference but he doesn't look out of place.

sbtatter
10-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I'd rather have Miller over Robidoux and GD to be honest.
Glad to see both our goalies have good games this weekend.

Allin44
10-18-2008, 09:59 PM

Samesies, but I don't know what happens now when Erb & B.M are back in the lineup.. we need to make a decision on what we are going to do because in all likelihood we will be rotating Schneider, GD, Robidoux, Miller in the #6 spot.

The Wheatiemaniac
10-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't be surprised if GD is on the move due to numbers. They might even peel down to 7 D-men by re-assigning one of the young guys.....just to get them playing and not sitting.
I've always been a fan of Nathan Green, but if we need anything in an upgrade, I'm thinking he'll be part of the package. Just a numbers thing, they're running out of places to put everyone.

Brandonite
10-19-2008, 12:33 AM

I agree, Im not a fan at all of Grill Donovan or Robidoux. Id much rather see Miller in there every night than those 2. Also, thought it was real interesting to see Melnychuk finally sit a game. Its only his 2nd year being 17, and he should sit once in a while as well (healthy scratch). We still have too many d-men and mccrimmon wont want to hold on to this many for long. They have always gone with 7 d-men and MAYBE 8 but right now they have like 10 I believe so someone has to go yet and Id say Grill Donovan looks to be a sure bet in my opinion. I'd say go with Aulie, Robak, Melnychuk, Erb, Bestland, Schneider & Miller. From there I dont know but you cant keep carrying this many d-men...its not fair to any of those players sitting in the stands everynight or playing every 2nd or 3rd game. Also, Sanfred King...when does he get released/traded?

Allin44
10-19-2008, 12:39 AM
I agree, Im not a fan at all of Grill Donovan or Robidoux. Id much rather see Miller in there every night than those 2. Also, thought it was real interesting to see Melnychuk finally sit a game. Its only his 2nd year being 17, and he should sit once in a while as well (healthy scratch). We still have too many d-men and mccrimmon wont want to hold on to this many for long. They have always gone with 7 d-men and MAYBE 8 but right now they have like 10 I believe so someone has to go yet and Id say Grill Donovan looks to be a sure bet in my opinion. I'd say go with Aulie, Robak, Melnychuk, Erb, Bestland, Schneider & Miller. From there I dont know but you cant keep carrying this many d-men...its not fair to any of those players sitting in the stands everynight or playing every 2nd or 3rd game. Also, Sanfred King...when does he get released/traded?

Melnychuk wasn't a healthy scratch hes out with a hip flexor injury

sbtatter
10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Don't be surprised if GD is on the move due to numbers. They might even peel down to 7 D-men by re-assigning one of the young guys.....just to get them playing and not sitting.
I've always been a fan of Nathan Green, but if we need anything in an upgrade, I'm thinking he'll be part of the package. Just a numbers thing, they're running out of places to put everyone.
With the line reshuffle we're short a good winger for Schenn, I wonder if they shouldn't try Depape with him and Lowry?