PDA

View Full Version : Decision time for Leafs on Schenn?

apsco17
10-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I see that Toronto has played 9 games to date and I believe that Schenn has played in all those games, therefore the leafs either have to return him to Kelowna, or keep him for the season. My guess is the leafs will be keeping him. We should know soon.

Scout
10-21-2008, 07:37 AM
It slipped my mind but i heard somewhere that Toronto is using a loop hole where they can keep him for more than the ten games. They play him for nine then do something with his contract and then use this loop hole and can keep him for another ten. I just can't remember what it was.

Scout

Squig
10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought it was 9 reg season games - ie not including exhibition!

I could be wrong on this but i didnt think exhibition counted.

Lotsa fan talk on HF boards about it from Toronto fans - pretty well split down the middle.

It will be a tough decision for Ron Wilson - damned if ya do damned if ya don't!!

I hope they send Luke back vci11 - he is such a strong kid personally and physically that i think he will be fine wherever he goes - and well we need him more than the leafs. vc124

apsco17
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I thought it was 9 reg season games - ie not including exhibition!

Yep, my bad Squig. I mistakenly counted the exhibition games in early Oct. Think the leafs 9th reg season game will be next Tues vs TB.

Scout
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
If Wilson has his way, Luke will stay
By ROB LONGLEY

Last Updated: 24th October 2008, 8:41am
Email Story Print Size A A A Report Typo Share with:
Facebook Digg Del.icio.us Google Stumble Upon Furl Newsvine Reddit Technorati Blinklist Feed Me Yahoo Ma.gnolia Simpy Squidoo Spurl Blogmarks Netvouz Scuttle rel="blank"Co.mments Tailrank Sitejot + What are these? BOSTON -- It sounds as if Leafs coach Ron Wilson has made up his mind on Luke Schenn: He isn't going anywhere.

"He'll more than likely be staying," Wilson said. "I can't guarantee it, but I feel pretty confident abut that right now.

"He's a sponge and wants to get better. He's got to be a player everybody in that room is impressed with."

Wilson was pleased by the 18-year-old rookie defenceman after he went after Boston Bruins defenceman Dennis Wideman, who had nailed Leafs forward Matt Stajan with a shuddering open-ice hit, shattering the glass. Schenn was penalized, but the Leafs played with more energy.

"That was the turning point in the game," Wilson said.

Technically, the Leafs won't have to make a decision until next week when Schenn has played his ninth game. Sending him back to junior would keep them from paying the talented youngster his first-year's contract.

Schenn's junior team isn't expecting him back, either.The Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League already have named a new captain.

Scout

Rockets1231
10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Hopefully Schenn gets sent back, we need him in Kelowna! Unfortunately I have a sinking feeling that won't be the case, he's a very good young player and the Leafs aren't a great team, so I think he'll be staying all year. If he does, maybe he'll steal the Calder from Turris and Stamkos, wishful thinking I know :p

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
http://my.thescore.com/sixpack/archive/2008/10/27/luke-schenn-staying.aspx

Schenn is staying with the Leafs.