PDA

View Full Version : Stevens tilt

defencerocks
10-22-2008, 10:18 AM
How was the Stevens/Halliday fight?
Is Cam going to be the resident tough guy for the year?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
NOT. He pretty much got his lunch and supper handed to him.

moon
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I didn't think he did quite that bad. He was clearly beat early on but came back with a few shots of his own. Certainly will not be the enforcer on the team or a guy that fights more than a handful more times this year.

Last night was his best game so far, but i would prefer that if (fingers crossed) Sbisa comes back that Stevens is the guy that sits. He is very slow with the puck and really struggles in his own zone at covering guys and clearing the puck.

rednex50
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
after breaking his ankle...it looks like it might have affected his speed.

Character guy though. Always willing to work and defend his mates...

Brandonite
10-23-2008, 05:22 AM
after breaking his ankle...it looks like it might have affected his speed.

Character guy though. Always willing to work and defend his mates...

With all due respect, Stevens couldnt stick with the Chiliwack Bruins and Lethbridge is clearly a better team than the bruins! He'll end up back in the MJHL by the end of the year whether or not Sbisa comes back, you'll see Stevens in a Winkler Flyer uniform before long especially at his age of 19 he definitely wont be in the hurricanes plans for next season!

Big Torro
10-23-2008, 07:02 AM
With Castro playing forward now, the Hurricanes still have 8 defenseman not including Sbisa if he is returned. Stasiuk likely waiting until this is answered before pulling the trigger on a move. Agreed, can not see him keeping Stevens and likely will try to package up somewhere. Hurricanes also have another 19 year old defenseman in Alexiuk not dressing or playing much who also found himself sitting last year after they acquired May.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-23-2008, 11:16 AM
If we don't get Sbisa back a move must be made. From everything I have read from the Flyers site, I think we better get used to not having Luca anymore.
We need a PP quarterback and a D-man that can move the puck out his own end, and also eat up a lot of minutes. We have 2 16's and a 17 that are good enuff to play in the Dub but not win us any games. One of them and a forward and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Hickey.

p.s. I am 99% sure the Canes let Alexiuk go, thank god.

grainbear
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
See tonight in the post game that Phil's coach stated that this was Luca best game yet. He got another assist and was playing d on the power play. At one time I thought there was no doubt he would be back. Now , I would say with only a few days untill the magic number of 10 games coming up I would say that it is very remote that we will get him back. If somehow we do, wow what a difference he is going to make in junior to our team. But realistically , I would say the odds are growing less with each game he plays simply because he deserves to be there. I do expect a trade of some sort towards the middle to end of next week for a veteran d-men if he is not back. With 2 first round picks for this coming year draft this is possible without us selling the farm. I would expect a first rounder and a younger player along with it. Here is hoping that does not happen but time will tell.

shushu
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
See tonight in the post game that Phil's coach stated that this was Luca best game yet. He got another assist and was playing d on the power play. At one time I thought there was no doubt he would be back. Now , I would say with only a few days untill the magic number of 10 games coming up I would say that it is very remote that we will get him back. If somehow we do, wow what a difference he is going to make in junior to our team. But realistically , I would say the odds are growing less with each game he plays simply because he deserves to be there. I do expect a trade of some sort towards the middle to end of next week for a veteran d-men if he is not back. With 2 first round picks for this coming year draft this is possible without us selling the farm. I would expect a first rounder and a younger player along with it. Here is hoping that does not happen but time will tell.
do what best for LUCA and the team, and also stated that he had only played one year in the dub. on a losing philly team, you look a schenn in toronto 6'2 211 and almost 200 game in the dub,and to boot 19's years old. relax, i still feel luca will be back for one more year in the dub....................

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-25-2008, 12:06 PM

How did we get a second pick in the first round and whose was it?

grainbear
10-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Not sure where my brain was I should have said 3 rd round and this was the craige trade . Simply chalk it up to wishful thinking