PDA

View Full Version : how bout them raiders

Wildeyes
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
its been a quiet fourm lately whats up is it because the raiders are not that bad this year and are looking pretty good. we cant rag on them. 12 goals in 2 games WOW

Zemlak is proving it now why didnt the blades keep him he had a so so training camp but has proved his worth now.

Dwight Schrute
10-23-2008, 10:10 PM
even guys i didnt expect to put up numbers are, like hickmott, stebner etc...
smith with 6 goals is nice. i thought robertson and mcdonald would ave had more points but either way its been a great first 15 games. if only there were a highly touted 17 year old powerforward to show up in shape and could score (penner). id still like to add an enforcer

SaskHockeyFan
10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Bruno said on the other day on the radio that Penner is out with a shoulder injury. Penner has the desire to fight and be a pest but he has shown no ability to score during his times with the Raiders. I know he has a history as a goal scorer but he has shown none of that in PA yet. I am not sure the boys would welcome his off ice antics this year. The team seems to have gelled real nice and he has always been a huge distraction in and out of the room. I would agree, Stebner is playing real well. He is logging a ton of ice and you seemed to always hear his name on the radio during the BC swing. He must have been playing real well. He got "crunch of the night" from Wilson three nights in a row. Another surprise is Kochan. Three goals and he always seems to be in a good spot to make a play. He's not huge but he finishes his checks a lot more than most of our 19 and 20 year old forwards.

sbtatter
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
When enner played against us last year all he did was try to fight, showed no offensive thoughts at all, shouldn't he focus a little more on scoring and a little less on the fighting?

Dwight Schrute
10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
harrison seems to continue to light it up consistantly,
18gp 6g 5a 11pts +9 37 pim
on pace for
72gp 24g 20a +36 148 pim
pretty sold 16 year old season so far. really liking this kid,2 overtime winers too. making me forget about penner
btw why hasnt brent martin suited up yet ?

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
harrison seems to continue to light it up consistantly,
18gp 6g 5a 11pts +9 37 pim
on pace for
72gp 24g 20a +36 148 pim
pretty sold 16 year old season so far. really liking this kid,2 overtime winers too. making me forget about penner
btw why hasnt brent martin suited up yet ?

Martin is having some difficulty with his back. They can't return him wherever until it's properly healed, so once he gets better, he'll get a game in and they'll more than likely return him to Junior A.

Dwight Schrute
10-29-2008, 12:34 AM
think we will ever see penner in pa again ? 10gp 3g 3a 6pts 64pim. but brooks has played 20 games.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-29-2008, 11:03 AM
There's a big difference between being a good player, and a distruption. I think Penner is the latter of the two, and barring a attitude make-over, I don't think Campese is willing to put up with his ****. Penner does what Penner wants, and if the kid can't follow simple guidelines and structural rules, than he just won't be here. Add in the fact that a lot of the current players aren't real fond of him.

Raiderfan8
10-30-2008, 11:14 AM
I am wondering if Penner will be good trade bait come the deadline this year?

SaskHockeyFan
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately for the Raiders, I think every GM in the league is well aware of what Cole Penner is and isn't about as everything has been quite public. I am sure he is trade bait now and they haven't had an offer worth pulling the trigger on yet. If they thought he had no value to anyone in the league they would have released him and they haven't done that yet. It looks to me like they are just taking a wait and see approach. Bruno would be crazy to bring him back now as the team seems to be doing fine without him. Keep in mind, every GM in the league knew about Cole Penner and PA passed up on some great young talent to take him. Maybe that's why Clark is gone. Hmm

Dwight Schrute
10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
think tigers want him ?

Dwight Schrute
11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I was actually holding on to the dream that Bruno would trade him for Dale Hunt in Prince George, But looks like asking price would have been Ryan Button .
thats crazy considering they traded him for regier

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2008, 04:21 AM
whats with mcdonald scrapping ? is he actually doing anything ? all i know is he never scraps till the last 3-4 games, all i know is growing up he was always a real pansy (yeah put up points etc..) but is he winning fights is he helping the team ? i havent seen so i dont know but im curious

Sabes
11-02-2008, 10:40 AM
He definately won the fight against Cumiskey. Huge right made Cumiskey drop to his knees.