PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Awareness Night - Friday, October 24 Against Portland Winter Hawks

scoreboard
10-23-2008, 10:15 PM
The Regina Pats are once again proud to be part of the Canadian Cancer Society’s “National Breast Cancer Awareness Month”. For the third year in a row, the Pats will culminate their activities with their “Breast Cancer Awareness Night” this Friday, October 24th against the Portland Winter Hawks. That night, the Pats will be wearing special pink jerseys that will be auctioned off, via a silent auction, and presented to the winners at the end of the game.

Pats General Manager Brent Parker,” We are very proud and excited to once again be participating in this tremendous initiative during breast cancer awareness month. The partnership between Southland Mall and Breast Cancer Research and Recovery fund (R2R) Saskatchewan and ourselves has grown into something very special and we are all looking forward to presenting another significant donation at the end of the month.”

The Pats have raised $25,000 over the past two seasons for Breast Cancer Research and Recovery fund (R2R), through the jersey auction as well as sales of special pink hats. Those hats are available again this season, as well as pink suckers, will all of the money going to the Breast Cancer Research and Recovery fund. The hats and lollipops will be available at the neutral zone and Regina’s Southland Mall Customer Care Kiosk – a supporting sponsor of this initiative.

With the great support of the fans of the Regina Pats, Friday`s "Breast Cancer Awareness Night" was a huge success.

The sales of the pink jersey's through a silent auction, the Jordan Eberle Edmonton Oiler jersey raffle, and the sales of pink hats and lollipops, helped the Pats have raise over $10,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society`s ``Reach to Recovery`` (R2R) fund. This is the third season in a row that the Pats have supported the R2R fund, and to date has raised over $35,000.

CJSenterprise4
10-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Yet i wouldn't bid on a jersey anyways b/c the start at like $200. Hopefully they can win though so we can bug the Blades fans for losing to them ha. Their board seems to be pretty quiet after that loss.

patsdude114
10-24-2008, 06:08 PM
that wont do any good tho... who cares if they lost to them...... streaks r meant to be broken at sometime... and both portland and saskatoon were on a streak... they can still rub it in our faces that they give us a sh*t kicking

CJSenterprise4
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
How much did some of the jerseys go for?? I was at the Weyburn Red Wing SJHL game tonight and they had pink jerseys on and did an auction and got like an average of $550 a jersey or more...pretty impressive for the SJ i thought. Most of the ones in the second intermission went for lots... $550 was the lowest one and $900 being the highest.

dsquared
10-25-2008, 12:29 PM
After he let in the third goal (the weak one) - did anyone else notice that each time after the Pats scored nobody went back to say anything to Bosch, smack him on the pads etc - Not once but 4 times - I think there maybe some dissension in the locker room.....
________
Nastasya47 Live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/nastasya47)

CJSenterprise4
10-25-2008, 02:20 PM
They let this goalie situation go on way too long. All 3 goalies want playing time and 2 for sure want starter minutes.

nivek_wahs
10-25-2008, 03:51 PM
After he let in the third goal (the weak one) - did anyone else notice that each time after the Pats scored nobody went back to say anything to Bosch, smack him on the pads etc - Not once but 4 times - I think there maybe some dissension in the locker room.....Maybe they wanted to leave him be. They know he has struggled.... he knows he has struggled. Who knows.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Yet i wouldn't bid on a jersey anyways b/c the start at like $200. Hopefully they can win though so we can bug the Blades fans for losing to them ha. Their board seems to be pretty quiet after that loss.
That may be the case,but the Blades are 10-4-1 now. The Blades have put the Portland game behind them. Portland is struggling for sure. Big deal the Pats beat Portland,and the Blades lost to Portland. I am not using this as an excuse but the Blades played Morrison in goal,and I think that the Blades took Portland lightly,and as a result lost the close game. It is good that the teams play games with Jersey's/sticks to raise money for Breast Cancer but I hope that the Blades use pink sticks and not wear pink jerseys.

scoreboard
10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Duh... nice sentiments, like who is against breast cancer, but so what about your Blades on some winning streak or whatever. This is a Pats forum site.

NOTHING TO SAY

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Put on your glasses, old man. He didnt say anything bad about breast cancer at all, he was talking about the blades winning streak and its lack of relevance.

CJSenterprise4
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
No one knows what the jerseys went for??? or a ballpark figure?

transplantedbronco
10-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Anyone have any pictures of the Jerseys? Would really like to see what they looked like.

nivek_wahs
10-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Anyone have any pictures of the Jerseys? Would really like to see what they looked like.
http://reginapats.com/Multimedia/Gallery/CategoryShow/?gallery_id=1&category_id=208

transplantedbronco
10-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the link. Those look pretty good. Nice how they added pink to the the name and numbers as well. Wish we would do something like that here soon.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
10-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I much prefer these jerseys with al the pink accents rather than the all pink jerseys.