PDA

View Full Version : Lucic

Section_Z
10-24-2008, 06:23 PM
You gotta see Milan's hit on Van Ryn from last night's Boston - Toronto game...
Clean hit...Shattered glass....

the flying moose
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
That was a big hit. Too bad people in the front row got cut by the glass.

dondo
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
stick was bit high with him going in, but he didn't use the stick -- it was a clean body check and Van Ryn scored a goal later in the game. Unfortunately a few of the people in the front row were cut badly and had to leave the game.

Bet this invokes another review of safety in arenas, now we'll have net around the whole arena including the glass. I am being facetious here , but really the net's behind the goal still irk me greatly.

Lucic 1 Glass 0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnXOLoOSbvc)

Section_Z
10-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Talk about drinking Hay's Kool Aid....
Working hard in front of the net all game may just get you a hat trick and an assist on top of that....And Le Premier Etoile...
Watch the Highlights from the Bos Atl game on NHL.com, Luc is in almost all of them

westey300
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
That was a great hit, then follows that up with his first NHL hat trick and 4 point night. NHL network had him the Pepsi Performer of the night Saturday night, says alot since there was 15 games going on. Can't wait to see him Tuesday night vs the Canucks! I will be there live with my Lucic t-shirt to cheer him on, lets see another hat trick.

Section_Z
10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
That was a great hit, then follows that up with his first NHL hat trick and 4 point night. NHL network had him the Pepsi Performer of the night Saturday night, says alot since there was 15 games going on. Can't wait to see him Tuesday night vs the Canucks! I will be there live with my Lucic t-shirt to cheer him on, lets see another hat trick.

I'm not one to cheer against the Nucks....but I will cheers for LUC, none3 the less....they could have drafted him if they really wanted to....

westey300
10-27-2008, 12:45 PM
So true, how could the Canucks never pick someone from the Giants, we play in there own backyard, I mean there are 6 teams in BC and 5 more in Washington and how many players have they picked from those teams??

Also lets hope with the Bruins on an off day before they go to Calgary on Thursday that Lucic makes an aperance Wed night at the Giants game, maybe they will have his replacement ring ready for him?

dondo
10-30-2008, 12:51 AM
two answers: maybe three

- they are pretty much the worst drafting team in the league
- they are one of the worst at developing players and it usually takes an offer sheet from another team for the Nucks to see a player's worth.. see: Kesler and Ohlund to name just two.

- they are stupid and content to scout the Q and Sweden and very little else

as much as I'd love to see Lucic with his home town team, another part of me knows he's getting a real chance with the Bruins and would not get the same opportunity to develop and play on the Canucks -- plain and simple.

westey300
10-30-2008, 04:05 PM
so very true, was great to see him here on Tuesday, wish he would had scored or a least taken Luongo out after that slap shot, just something more to add to his great week