PDA

View Full Version : Series all tied

ScottyWazz
04-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Boxscore (http://www.whlrealtime.com/whl.php/show::gameday/game_id::1001030/)

The Hitmen just looked flat. They didn't come out like they did yesterday. They looked like they would have a nice little resurrection in the 2nd, but it was all for not.

Good to see the Wheaties actually come out with some passion to their game. Plante played an incredible game and the top line did what they needed to do in the game.

I'm happy with a split in Brandon, now it's time to get something going at home.

Joe Hallenback
04-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Much better game by the Wheaties.

I sometimes wonder if teams when they have a plan of splitting the first 2 away games and they win that first one they sometimes "let up" because they accomplished what they wanted.

Flathead
04-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Much better game by the Wheaties.

I sometimes wonder if teams when they have a plan of splitting the first 2 away games and they win that first one they sometimes "let up" because they accomplished what they wanted.

I highly doubt if they let up. To go up 2 games to none with the next two in your barn is huge. Calgary just faced a real team the second night. The Wheat Kings just finished beating out a team that didn't belong in the playoffs, then faced a much stronger Hitmen team. I don't think Brandon was mentally prepared and got hammerred on. Should be a great series the rest of the way!

BWK
04-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Once the shock of the 10-1 hammaring wears off, a series tied at 1 shouldn't really surprise us.

I believe that the fans watching on Shaw last night saw the real Brandon Wheat Kings. The played disciplined hockey for the most part, although there were a few times I worried about dumb retatitory penalties that could have changed the game. Jon Webb's instigator wasn't needed and Monych's penalty early in the 1st was selfish.

Calgary will be disappointed about losing game two but on their trip home will realise that the got their split. Brandon will be disappointed in their effort in game one but will be happy how they rebounded in game 2. I don't think either team can claim that momentum is on their side. Neither is a clear-cut favourite.

The series now starts over, a best of 5 with Calgary having home ice advantage. I still think we are going to see all five of those games played.