PDA

View Full Version : Giants 4 Canes 1

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-26-2008, 10:37 AM
What to say about last nights Vancouver Giants show at the Enmax? ...... Wow or ouch..... We played right with the Giants and I think actually outplayed them in the first period. If not for a brutally lucky goal and a terrible call giving them a 2 man advantage for 1:52, we could have come out of the first tied 0 - 0 or even up by one goal. That's the good news.
Unfortunatley there was still 40 minutes of hockey to be played. The second and third periods were very frustrating to watch for Cane's fans. The Giants absoutely positively dominated us in every facet of the game. Are they that good or are we that fragile? I think a lot of both.
That was as good a display of Hockey as I have seen in a long long time. They looked better than Spokane did in last years final. I am not saying they are better than Spokane was last year. We were just a lot worse than we were in last years final and made Vancouver look that good. No Juniour team can be that good, can they?
The Giants are very fast and play their system to a super level not usually seen in Junior hockey. They reminded me so much of Spokane last year. Puck pressure and positional dominance. They have all 5 guys in hard on the forecheck, yet when we go to break out they have at least 4 if not all 5 guys back before we hit center ice. It almost seems like they have 6 or 7 guys out there. Very frustrating to play against and an impressive performance by Don Hay's crew.

ps. Does any one else notice how out of sync Boychuk is. He looks lost out there. His timing and grasp of what is going on on the ice is is whacked. I sure hope he turns it around soon and has not lost his confidence.

pss. I have defended Dwight King and do like him as a player, but if does not hit something soon, I'm gonna freak. He had ample opportunity last night to lay a few guys out but holds up at the last second to give them a bit of a bump. Mitch Fadden is out hitting King by a mile.

Bocephus
10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
What to say about last nights Vancouver Giants show at the Enmax? ...... Wow or ouch..... We played right with the Giants and I think actually outplayed them in the first period. If not for a brutally lucky goal and a terrible call giving them a 2 man advantage for 1:52, we could have come out of the first tied 0 - 0 or even up by one goal. That's the good news.
Unfortunatley there was still 40 minutes of hockey to be played. The second and third periods were very frustrating to watch for Cane's fans. The Giants absoutely positively dominated us in every facet of the game. Are they that good or are we that fragile? I think a lot of both.
That was as good a display of Hockey as I have seen in a long long time. They looked better than Spokane did in last years final. I am not saying they are better than Spokane was last year. We were just a lot worse than we were in last years final and made Vancouver look that good. No Juniour team can be that good, can they?
The Giants are very fast and play their system to a super level not usually seen in Junior hockey. They reminded me so much of Spokane last year. Puck pressure and positional dominance. They have all 5 guys in hard on the forecheck, yet when we go to break out they have at least 4 if not all 5 guys back before we hit center ice. It almost seems like they have 6 or 7 guys out there. Very frustrating to play against and an impressive performance by Don Hay's crew.

ps. Does any one else notice how out of sync Boychuk is. He looks lost out there. His timing and grasp of what is going on on the ice is is whacked. I sure hope he turns it around soon and has not lost his confidence.

pss. I have defended Dwight King and do like him as a player, but if does not hit something soon, I'm gonna freak. He had ample opportunity last night to lay a few guys out but holds up at the last second to give them a bit of a bump. Mitch Fadden is out hitting King by a mile.
ditto this entire post.
I left with 10 minutes left in the third because I couldn't stand watching the Canes mail it in any longer. Disgusted. I am considering not taking in tonight's game.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-26-2008, 11:43 AM
ditto this entire post.
I left with 10 minutes left in the third because I couldn't stand watching the Canes mail it in any longer. Disgusted. I am considering not taking in tonight's game.
Ya my daughter convinced me to stay to the end or I was outta there early too. Have faith Bo. Tonight we win 4-2. If we lose though, it is back to the drawing board for Roy once Sbisa is lost to us.

Hockey Watcher
10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Ya my daughter convinced me to stay to the end or I was outta there early too. Have faith Bo. Tonight we win 4-2. If we lose though, it is back to the drawing board for Roy once Sbisa is lost to us.

LETS GO BACK TOTHE DRAWING BOARD. i am seeing alot of players moving around not skating hard. goal scorers are not even shooting. cant seem to count on that 4th line they are all out of position and apparently just there to give the others a break. boychuk looks fine i think it will take some time to get back into the junior system. it took the others time also when they returned. hopefully todays game is a better one

if the bridge plans on making it as far as they did last year changes are needed vancouver and calgary are talented, players playing their positions and working together as teams

Bocephus
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
LETS GO BACK TOTHE DRAWING BOARD. i am seeing alot of players moving around not skating hard. goal scorers are not even shooting. cant seem to count on that 4th line they are all out of position and apparently just there to give the others a break. boychuk looks fine i think it will take some time to get back into the junior system. it took the others time also when they returned. hopefully todays game is a better one

if the bridge plans on making it as far as they did last year changes are needed vancouver and calgary are talented, players playing their positions and working together as teams

I know we are going to have a great season and I haven't given up. I just am tired of waiting. This team needs to bring it every game and not just on occasion. We must admit, our roster is pretty sick. Most every team in the dub would be willing to trade us rosters.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I know we are going to have a great season and I haven't given up. I just am tired of waiting. This team needs to bring it every game and not just on occasion. We must admit, our roster is pretty sick. Most every team in the dub would be willing to trade us rosters.

They won't give us much for our Defense!

Hockey Watcher
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM

defense is young but you got to score to win. so i think it takes a team like i said earlier to win a game.

shushu
10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
because there isn't much there,totally agree with you on this one..got a feeling roy is sitting on his hand waiting to see the final verdict is on sbisa and if he does return there maybe a couple of new dman on there way to the bridge. the best word for are d is ragtag.wright versteeg and yadlowski are definately worth keeping. same story i told at the beginning of the year with the exception of versteeg..would love to see what castro could do as a dman............................................

T-Bird
10-28-2008, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Hockey Watcher]LETS GO BACK TOTHE DRAWING BOARD. i am seeing alot of players moving around not skating hard. goal scorers are not even shooting. cant seem to count on that 4th line they are all out of position and apparently just there to give the others a break. boychuk looks fine i think it will take some time to get back into the junior system. it took the others time also when they returned. hopefully todays game is a better one

Your funny!! The 4th line is fine What about the 1st , 2nd and 3rd line !! WHAT ARE THEY DOING!! gee Fadden, Boychuck and Sceiver havent scored in HOW MANY GAMES!! How long does it take them to get in the game? They are the guys back from pro camp.. I think maybe we are being out coached. Cant be a good team if we tried.