PDA

View Full Version : star phoenix is terrible

wango tango
10-27-2008, 10:02 AM
the local saskatoon paper is bad.

i understand the riders are the be all and end all right now. i get the hilltops loss on the weekend is a pretty big upset. those should be front page of your sports section.

but can somebody explain why the next how many pages are all university sports? sports where you can count on your hands the number of people attending?

the blades just reeled off another two wins, have 19 out of a possible 20 points in the last 10 games. and they're buried on what page 7,8,or 9. it's disgraceful the team that gets the most national attention gets the worst local attention.

i'm thankful i don't have a home subscription. saw it over coffee and donut this morning. although the paper might make good bird cage liner, or a place to train a new puppy.

PJ-34
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't forget about blankets for hobos, toilet paper for poor people and paper mache!!! but seriously, if the Star Phoenix started to pay more attention to the Blades I could see their attendance going up 1, 500 nobody reads that far into the sports section unless they're dealing with last nights lasagna.