PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Beach

minirep
10-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Just wondering what you would give up to get this guy in a bronco uniform. I say Wudrick and Molle. Maybe we could even give up a high draft pick we have lots of young talent and could afford to. Lets hear your thoughts. Would be a good power forward and add some much needed toughness. :thumb:

Toswammi
10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Well Beach has first round talent, but has one of the worst attitudes in the CHL. You can put me in the minority of those that don't want him here. It is just a pipedream to land him anyhow.

SectionNDeserter
10-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Any deal that involves him is probably going to include a 1st round pick and/or a top young prospect, rather than a 19 year old utility defenseman, and a talented 18 year old who has struggled this season.

It does seem like his days are numbered in Everett, will be interesting to see where he lands.

bronco rep
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I say we land Beach. All i keep hearing is we need & tough guy & we need some scoring, well it don't get any better this this guy. Dean wake this team up with a blockbuster & pull the trigger.

Broncs in RD
10-27-2008, 10:39 PM
You are dam right Rep, people have complained about toughness/scoring....me being one of them, who better A guy. He is pretty damn tough and can put the biscuit in the basket. A bad personality, well from talks around the CHL have Guggenbuger as a pretty damn bad egg and when he wins games he is loved, Dudas was a pretty bad egg and I think many would welcome him back. So to say someone has a bad attitude when they are kids is pretty bad. He will add some serious scoring and a whole bunch of toughness. The question is to Dean are we going for it this year or next year, to me he is on the fence. If it is this year yes we give up abit, Maybe A 19 yr old dman, a prospect dman, a 1st round draft pick and maybe a list player. for Beech and Mistlebacher.
The other Trade would be Obrien from Seattle as well as Acostle or Rai.

transplantedbronco
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Being that I am from Kelowna originally to say I would love to have him on the Broncos would be an understatement. Does he have some "baggae" yes but alot of players at this age have that. He can score and he can fight what more can you ask for in a player. Beach would be a great asset to our team and we are in a good position to land him. I say go for it Deano.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-28-2008, 01:08 AM
This seems like a trade that wouldnt be made right away, because of how big it is for both teams. SC also hasnt exactly cemented a spot as a playoff contender yet (like most teams aside from the top 4 west conf teams have). It wouldnt be smart to deal for beach if the team isnt poised to contend, seeing as he is likely gone next year to the NHL. It would just blow up in Deans face and then next years team takes a few steps back.

But for the sake of the arguement, he could realistically end up in SC. Probably would actually make me hate the broncos more, because the kid is a dickhead. Though SC would finally have a superstar, and an answer the Schenns(and glennie) and Eberles(and weal) in the division.

If he does go, and thats a big IF seeing as Everett seems to be doing allright so far with big thanks to Beach, it wouldnt be for cheap...the tips would first off want a decent replacement for Beach, like Tassone, probably a 1st round pick, a top prospect on D or in goal (maybe Taylor Ernst), and probably another mid level calibre prospect/rookie. Beach would probably come with a throw in type player to compliment the roster, like Mistelbacher.

Its definitely overpayment, but you have to overpay to get it at all. Its like an auction out there, prize goes to the highest bidder. The question is whether its worth it or not.

dodywood4ever
10-28-2008, 01:13 PM
What about a guy like Grantham? Wouldnt have to give up as much. He can play too but not at the same level as Beach.

Broncs in RD
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Problem with Grantham is that he is a 20 year old. We already have to get rid of 1 20 yr. old when Dudas is healthy. So then we would have Yonkman, McAvoy, Dans, Dudas and Grantham. Take your pick on who you would take.
Me it would be Yonkman, Dudas, Dans. Unless we get some GREAT return on Yonkman. Although McAvoy has been pretty steady.

Madcow
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Just because he fights doesn't mean he can fight.. He is a big mouth punk who loses 90% of fights lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRD_xq3aMgQ

extra pathetic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ql6XAt8t0

Madcow
10-28-2008, 06:45 PM
another.. Fought bowman a couple weeks back, bowman is not a good fighter by any means and it was a weak fight but i would say he bowman still had the edge in this fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqGVwNfy94

Beach won't take his helmet off and throws a late hit after the linesmen are in... typical

CrazyGeorge
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I notice Kyle Beech isn't in the lineup vs. Tri City on October 28. Is he injured? Is he suspended?

Toswammi
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
If he does go, and thats a big IF seeing as Everett seems to be doing allright so far with big thanks to Beach, it wouldnt be for cheap...the tips would first off want a decent replacement for Beach, like Tassone, probably a 1st round pick, a top prospect on D or in goal (maybe Taylor Ernst), and probably another mid level calibre prospect/rookie. Beach would probably come with a throw in type player to compliment the roster, like Mistelbacher.

Well dunno about Mistelbacher, he is an exbronco. But i really do like Zach Daily

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I notice Kyle Beech isn't in the lineup vs. Tri City on October 28. Is he injured? Is he suspended?

Healthy scratch.

Big rumor on the white board is that he is heading to Brandon, but who really knows? All I know is that I dont want him on my team for obvious reasons.

Would be interesting to see him end up the east division, whether its Brandon or SC. I would love to see him play against the Pats. Him and teubert would be good friends.

Toswammi
10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Healthy scratch.

Big rumor on the white board is that he is heading to Brandon, but who really knows? All I know is that I dont want him on my team for obvious reasons.

Would be interesting to see him end up the east division, whether its Brandon or SC. I would love to see him play against the Pats. Him and teubert would be good friends.

Why would Brandon want him now, when he won't be around for the Mem. Cup (everyone seems to be in agreeance that he probably in his last year of junior)? Wouldn't that be a waste of a trade in that regard?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Why would Brandon want him now, when he won't be around for the Mem. Cup (everyone seems to be in agreeance that he probably in his last year of junior)? Wouldn't that be a waste of a trade in that regard?

To be fair, its probably a 50/50 chance he stays, but those are still odds I dont want to take.

Be that as it may, thats the rumor passed down. It is apparently from a legitimate source but act as if all rumors are false until they really happen.

I kind of think its a load too, but at the least its food for the thought. Would definitely make games against brandon or whichever team more interesting.

sbtatter
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Healthy scratch.

Who do they say we're trading for Beach? I'm guessing Green is in the mix?

Broncs in RD
10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Who would Brandon have to give up? Brandons big deals will be next year why sell the farm for this year?

Toswammi
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Why not go after Tyrell out of PG then?

Link Dog
10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Toswammi Why not go after Tyrell out of PG then?
I think it's still too early in the season to decide whether a long run in the playoffs is a big piece away or not. If a deal does go down, I'd take Tyrell over Beach however. IMO we need a player more in the mold of Smith or Stamler. I don't think it was a coincidence that after the acquistion of Stamler at the deadline last year, the year really went in a forward direction. I think a guy like Tyrell with a good work ethic and leadership qualities would be more of an asset for our younger players.