PDA

View Full Version : Fellow fans of the losing lounge

C.F
04-10-2005, 12:50 AM
With your team out of the running, which team are your rooting for now?

As of right now, I seem to only have teams I don't want to win. I suppose the Ice, but I'm still not exactly cheering for them. I'll be in Seattle/Everett the next couple of days to watch some junior hockey, maybe things will change.

Until then-Boo Everett, BOO Kelowna. ;)

HAF
04-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm pulling for the Ice now.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Anyone but the Tips is fine with me. I just can't stand their game. To play a trap style up by one goal with 10 minutes left is one thing...but to play the trap up one goal 10 minutes in??? BORING!!! I guess I don't want Kelowna to win either just because they've been in the Memorial Cup the last 2 years, but no big deal if they do make it.

Spungy
04-10-2005, 01:02 AM
great choice :clap: GO ICE GO!!!

thanks for the support!! I hope you enjoy your games this week CF

C.F
04-10-2005, 01:40 AM
great choice :clap: GO ICE GO!!!

thanks for the support!! I hope you enjoy your games this week CFI'm sure I'll have a blast. I may even start chanting Go Ice Go, just to get my section rilled up. :groovy: For anyone going to a Everett or Seattle game this week, look for a Giants jersey.

Rebels_chick
04-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I guess I'm cheering for Koootenay now. Boo Medicine Hat! ;) jk, I wouldn't mind seeing them win either.

I would like to cheer for Brandon, but I won't because my brother loaded up on them in our hockey draft, and the sooner his guys are done, the better I'll be :thumb:

Rooselk
04-10-2005, 01:17 PM
...in the likely event that the Tips lose to the Ice, I'll be pulling for the T-Birds. I'll probably even get tickets to the Seattle home playoff games despite the fact that I hate Key Arena.

Fight Guy
04-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Calgary and Seattle. No good reason...just who I'd rather see win than others.

Tipped Off
04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Down 3-0 I'll be joining the lounge soon (tonite?). Unlike Rooselk I could never bring myself to cheer for the T-birds..as I'm sure no self-respecting T-birds fan would/should ever root for Everett.

That being said, I like the game the Ice bring to the table. Watching Nigel Dawes skate circles around the EEC has been fun. He's been the best skater I've seen in Everett in the two years of this young franshise's existence.

Some day when the Tips have more pure talent, we'll get to see a wide open brand of hockey. For now (I'd say the next year or two), I'll settle into my chair and be content in the fact Constantine did what he had to do to grow a Hockey fan base in Everett.

Canadians already know this, but the root passion for Hockey is much less in the states. In order to build a franchise from scratch, especialy with the talent level they had last year (and even this year with 13 rookies, 9 88' born's) Constantine had to win early. I think next year will be Coach C's last in Everett...maybe even two more years. After that, the team can take on a new identity and Constantine & the front office can move forward knowing they did what they had to do.

Maybe then all this anamosity (sp) toward Everett can die down. Everyone can say what they want, but if this team went out last year and earned 30 points, then followed up with a 30 point effort again this year...having lost all the players they did...there would be about 3000 people a night and no growing support for the team. As it is, the town loves them, the businesses love them & the support is here to stay because of the effort put forward by the 20-30 kids who've been dedicated the KC's system.

Jeff Harvey and John Dahl were in the building last night. They brought them out during an intermission to toss a couple shirts into the crowd: They got a standing O.

rinkrat
04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Good luck tonight,Nick...It ain't over yet.Everett will not lay down without a fight.You don't really want to be part of this "club".

RDRebelsfan
04-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm rooting for Kelowna now.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Medicine Hat because I hope they make quick work of the Raiders and destroy them all because they made quick work of the Blades

Calgary and Kootney(sorry Everett fans you do have an amazing team) Good luck next season

Seattle this team is an amazing team Good luck the rest of the way

Billy Blade
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I usually cheer for the team that takes mine out so that you know you lost to the best team out there. Prince Albert is so close to Saskatoon and a much-maligned rival, but I'll still pull for them anyway especially since they're technically one of the underdogs now. Before the NHL died the Flyers are my team so I'd like to see Beauch do well.

Furback
04-12-2005, 11:33 PM
If by some miracal PA loses I hope M.H win cause of clarke Macarthur or kelowna win cause they have a good sabre prospect in Card

BIG_CLAW
04-13-2005, 03:36 AM
I like the ICE. I think they are a classy team :thumb:

Rooselk
04-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Tipped Off: Self-respecting or not, I will root for Seattle now that the Tips are out of it simply because I would like to see the WHL Champion be from the US Division. To that end, I would even cheer on the Portland Winter Hawks if they were in that position, and I have no love for that team any more than I do the T-Birds. :D

To my way of thinking a championship by a US division team helps promote hockey in this region of the US, which I think is a good thing.

C.F
04-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard, Silvertips!

ihlemic10
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Im rooting right now for Kooteny. I think they are a good team and are headed to London this year.

Kristi
04-13-2005, 10:56 AM
KELOWNA and PRINCE ALBERT!!

Flathead
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
With my team not even making the playoffs :dead: , I've been pulling for Brandon. But the Hitmen are playing some amazing hockey, and giving Brandon a much tougher time than I thought. Congrats to them as well. I know who I'm not hoping for is the Med Hat Tigers, I only dislike them because they're good and they know it. It's been different watching the playoffs, without my team in it, here's to another 32 year streak! :groovy:

Joe Hallenback
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I'll pull for Calgary if they manage to knock off the Wheaties. I enjoy watching Getzlaff and Ladd play. They are often the target of unfair criticism on other forums and after watching them play the last 3 games against the Wheaties I just dont understand why.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
There's still hockey?? No. The season ended about 12 days ago. About the time Schwarz fumbled that rebound into the slot and the Rockets buried it. Tanning time.

Sput
04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Who I want to see in the WHL finals is the Ice and Hitmen. The Ice have such a well rounded team that can do everything well, and the Hitmen mostly because of all the current ex-Cougars on the roster. Not to mention the 'carrot' of watching the Dub in Cranbrook in May is very appealing to me. :D

Rebels_chick
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I think I'm bad luck to every team I cheer for. :confused:

ynot
04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll be pulling for the Raiders. They finished the regular season with 71 points and have come in as a bit of an under dog in comparison to the teams that are left. Definitely have not been playing like an under dog though!

Good luck Raiders!!!

Rooselk
04-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I think I'm bad luck to every team I cheer for. :confused:

I know the feeling. :( Nonetheless, I'm now rooting for the Ice.

C.F
04-22-2005, 08:27 PM
I think I'm bad luck to every team I cheer for. :confused:Says the Avs fan! Try living in Vancouver. ;)

Rebels_chick
04-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Says the Avs fan! Try living in Vancouver. ;)
Lol, sorry CF. Go Ice! ;)