PDA

View Full Version : Three Wheaties named to team WHL

dagley
10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Schenn, Calvert and Aulie all named to team WHL when they take on the Russians in the ADT Canada/Russia Challenge in Swift Current and Prince Albert, November 26th and 27th respectively.

sbtatter
10-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Schenn, Calvert and Aulie all named to team WHL when they take on the Russians in the ADT Canada/Russia Challenge in Swift Current and Prince Albert, November 26th and 27th respectively.
I would have thought Glennie should have been there before Schenn based on this years play......

wheat_city96
10-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I would have thought Glennie should have been there before Schenn based on this years play......

agreed. schenn really needs to pick up the pace.

Vik
10-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Schenn has a better chance of being on the junior team so this will be a bit of an audition for him.

sbtatter
10-31-2008, 05:23 AM
Schenn has a better chance of being on the junior team so this will be a bit of an audition for him.
True. It's good to see Calvert getting a look, he'd be a great utility player for Canada at the WJC, fast, can score and play the PK....

Brandonite
11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I've always thought Keith Aulie was a decent top 4 d-man for brandon. I have never been over surprised from what I seen from him. Being a 4th rounder was pretty much what I expected and hes having a decent season this year entering his signing year with Calgary. I can not see him playing for Team Canada though, just too slow and really not a top 7 defenceman in the country. Hes a great WHL d-man for sure, but Im sure I could name other potential guys I would take over Aulie with respect to Keith. Schenn is a guy that you just knew regaurdless of how well he was playing this season, he was getting a chance! He has a great shot at making that team and is a guy everyone talks about and would love to see with the up-coming draft. I havent thought Calvert has had a good of a start as maybe he would like but again, hes a guy with his speed could be an asset. Him & Kozun are two tiny players who would be unreal fast together.

wheaties89
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I think its great to see 3 wheatkings make the whl team. As for Aulie I never really thought of him as a top d men in the whl. i could name a half dozen players who are more highly thought of then Aulie like 3 local boys in Alex Plante former firstrounder or Justin Faulk who has already signed an nhl contract or even Colby Rabak. Never the less very nice to see 3 wheaties on the team

dagley
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Plante a better D-man then Aulie? Are you kidding me?

Brandonite
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM

Yeah that one I gotta 100% disagree with. Aulie and Plante are like night and day if you ask me! Aulie is a great leader, and a much better d-man than Plante right now! Plante isnt half the leader Aulie is, and right now Aulie is ahead of Plante as far as development goes. Robak, I'd take him over Aulie though especially for world juniors. I think Robak would move the puck so well in a tourny like that but would also turn it over enough to make the coach lose his hair before the tourny ended

Vik
11-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Are you kidding? Aulie may be better defensively (not sure he is but he may be) but Plante is much better with the puck than Aulie. Plus he's more physical. I'll take Plante hands down. As for Robak, that'd be asking to give Pat Quinn a heart attack.