PDA

View Full Version : I know that we are out of the Playoffs

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I also know that there is really no need to post here because not too much is happening to the team. I have been keeping tabs throughthe news and the sports. Yes ok I would expect a few trades to shake up the team and give them a new look, but the word is that Lorne Molleken is pondering the question whether or not to clean house? Maybe he wants to do that becaue of the fact that we were swept in 4 games all thanks to the Raiders. Also we did not play well in the second half of the season. I really do not know if this would be a smart move for Molleken to make. If he did clean house than would he keep the star Players and toss the rookies I do not think that this would be a smart move. But it would be interesting, after all he did coach in the NHL so I would think he would know what was best for this team. We did go from a 7 win season last year to a 37 win season this year with Molleken being hired as coach of this team.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE] but the word is that Lorne Molleken is pondering the question whether or not to clean house? Maybe he wants to do that becaue of the fact that we were swept in 4 games all thanks to the Raiders. Also we did not play well in the second half of the season. I really do not know if this would be a smart move for Molleken to make. If he did clean house than would he keep the star players and toss the rookies I do not think that this would be a smart move. But it would be interesting, after all he did coach in the NHL so, I would think he would know what was best for this team. QUOTE]

Does anyone have any opinions or comments? What would you do If you were in his shoes and did get swept in the first round of the playoffs like we did? If molleken does go ahead with his plans to give the team a face lift and move some bodies in the offseason is this a good thing?

mat01800
04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE] but the word is that Lorne Molleken is pondering the question whether or not to clean house? Maybe he wants to do that becaue of the fact that we were swept in 4 games all thanks to the Raiders. Also we did not play well in the second half of the season. I really do not know if this would be a smart move for Molleken to make. If he did clean house than would he keep the star players and toss the rookies I do not think that this would be a smart move. But it would be interesting, after all he did coach in the NHL so, I would think he would know what was best for this team. QUOTE]

Does anyone have any opinions or comments? What would you do If you were in his shoes and did get swept in the first round of the playoffs like we did? If molleken does go ahead with his plans to give the team a face lift and move some bodies in the offseason is this a good thing?

This is what I would do if I was Lorne.

Trade Evan Haw Daniel Waschuk Ryan Menei Bantam Pick for Kevin Nastiuk
Drop Aaron Bader
Drop Bjorn Svensson and pick a new import this year for his spot
We Lose Mike Green to the AHL
With one of the open 20 year old spot trade for local Jonny Bubnick from the Pats
Our 3rd 20 year old spot can go to a trade like Evan Schaefer from PA

3 20 year olds
Kevin Nastiuk
Jon Bubnick
Evan Schaefer

Trade Wacey Rabbit to Tri Cities for Logan Stephenson and Aaron Boogaard(Two Saskatchewan raised players)
Trade Deder Klassen to Moose Jaw for Justin Scott
Trade Dane Crowley to Medicine Hat for Brett Robinson
New Lines

Bahensky-Barnes-Setoguchi
Bubnick-Robinson-Gillies
Scott-McCrae-New Import
Van Lare-Sievert-Boogaard

extra: Cloud

Stephenson-Flatt
Schaefer-Eisenkirch
Ward-Knudsen

extra: some young guy

Nastiuk
Monette

grumphy
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
...just a thought i am pretty sure p.a would be looking for a guy like rabbit
They will NEVER trade wabbit within thier own division, he'll come back & haunt you

Tito9
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Raiderfan17 Why are you so certain the Raiders would want to trade Beauchemin? I'm sorry Alex is alright but not ready to be our #1. Beauchemin has been awesome this playoffs. He had sorta year off but he bring so much more to the ice than Alex does. There is nothing wrong with keeping Felske in "AAA" so another year. I would be very upset if we traded Beauchemin to any team. Beauchemin is the type of goalie who can steal games and series. Hopefully he can keep it up. Without him the is no way we would have swept s'toon.

Furback
04-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Rabbit would be a nice fit in PA the chances of that happaning are pretty slim But Pa could use another scoring threat thats for sure. I do think Archibald is ready to carry the mail and will be a top notch starter in the whl very soon.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Mat01800: If by chance we did loose him to the AHL then we would be very weak on our back end and even with the trades that you suggested I think that some of those trades would be good moves, but we really need to keep some toughness and Green,Haw,Flatt and Crowley all provide that need, but you are also right If we need to get rid of some of those players to become a scoring defensive team then so be it, that is also a good thing. Your line-up changes look very similar to what I would do. I would also keep some of those players too. but this is only my opinion and we all intitled to our own opinions.

BLEEDBLUE333
04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
mat01800 why would molleken in his right mind trade Aaron Bader?????? He has been solid all year round and has done lots of the spadework for Barnes and Setoguchi to pot in the goals. But heres wha ti think they should do....

Trade Dan Waschuk, Bjorn Svensson, 4th round Bantam Draft Pick for Kevin Nastiuk
Drop or trade evan haw for a draft pick
Trade Ryan Menei, Deder Klassen for D Kris Russell (Tigers)
Trade Russ Monette, 1st rounder for Jon Bubnick
Trade Dalyn Flatt 2rd round pick to pa for Adam Lukacovik,Caine Pearpoint
20 year olds-Aaron Bader,Jon Bubnick, Kevin Nastiuk

New Lines

Bahensky, Barnes,Setoguchi
Bubnick-Rabbit-Bader
Pearpoint-Mcrae-Gillies
Van Lare-Seivert-New Import

Extra:Cloud

Defense

Russel,Knudsen
Lukacovik, Brett Ward
Crowley,Eisenkirch

Extra: Ryan Funk

Goalies: Kevin Nastiuk/ Cameron Reid (Triple A midget Blazers)

Still a Very young defensive core but this i think is the best they can do....if anyone disagrees or wishes to comment on this then please do so......i know i may be off on a few things

mat01800
04-14-2005, 07:58 AM
In the Star Phoenix the other day Lorne was quoted to say that the 3 20 year olds for the team next year will be Aaron Bader Dan Waschuk and if Mike Green comes back he would be the third one.