PDA

View Full Version : Pats packing up?

nivek_wahs
11-01-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=3bfa1aa2-534f-44d9-9ad5-ae141ac07f9e

All I have to say is.... Yikes!!!

nivek_wahs
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=ef9cf14f-bd6e-4ca2-9c3e-e197bcfc7e7b

sbtatter
11-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Parker's a bit of a wingbat, but not enough of a crazy guy to really think of moving them, just employing the media to wash up some public hullaboo... Hope the Pats don't relocate though bc they're our closest away game.

SectionNDeserter
11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Hope the Pats don't relocate though bc they're our closest away game.I hope the Pats don't relocate, because it shows that there is NO WHL franchise that is safe from relocation.

Big Ern
11-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't even know what to say to this.

The fact that the thought is even a reality is hard to digest. This would wreak abseloute havoc for the rest of the East Division....more so than if the Warriors were to relocate. Regina has been an exceptional WHL market for years, and to see the Pats take off to BC would not make any sense at all IMO. It's been said that Regina will not be without a franchise no matter what happens, but who knows...if they move the Pats the Dub could be gone for good from that city.

Is the relationship that bad? I mean how hard is it to work these issues out? As professionals, can the Parkers and the IPSCO Place brass not come to a fair agreement for both sides? This is hockey....it's what Canada is all about. Who the hell cares about Canadian Western Agribition? YIKES!

CJSenterprise4
11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Everyone knows this... I wish i had enough money to buy the damn team.

JDubb
11-01-2008, 10:46 PM
My take on this whole thing is I have a hard time believing this would ever become a reality, but sooner or later the Pats have to be a priority for the Regina Exhibition Association. The ice is horrible most nights, the time keepers don't have a clue and even though the screen might be an upgrade, going from 4 screens to 1 is not an upgrade. That likely barely scratches the surface.

My hope is the media getting it means more people on the Pats side. Saying that I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and perhaps the Parkers wishes are unreasonable.

I am sure the Pats won't see front page again until the Riders are done, so perhaps some of it is an attention grab. Any attention might be good....hard to say.

patsdude114
11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Alot of the problem is Parker has a ego as much good as he has done for this franchise, his ego swells his head alot. He wouldnt even have a WHL job if it wasnt for his dad buying the team. I will say Parker has came along ways with running this team.

I dont know what the main issue is with the Pats & IPSCO Place, I do know some of it has to deal with the ice, and the cleaniness of the building. I for 1 have no issue with the cleaniness of the building. Your not going to have a 20+ yr old building sparkling cean, when u got concrete floors you do what you can lol. 1 thing i wish they would fix is the mens washroom, that stupid troft thing you wash your hands in is from the dinosaur days. The stupid lever thing you step on stays pushed down when you walk away. That is 1 thing i would want changed if were making a list lol.

As for the Video board thing. 11 home games into the season and i still think its garbage. I like the little screens for the people in the upper deck, but the big video board looks brutal when you gotta look thru the black netting. There was nothing wrong with the score board we had was still 1 of the better boards in the league. Just doesnt feel like a hockey game without the score board hanging over center ice. If they wanted to upgrade the score board and make it into a video board (like they did) why not get a board that was still hanging over center ice so all fans could see it and get use outta it. I would feel very disappointed if i had season tickets on the west end, just to see the board you need to turn ur head around and look up. Brutal, I really hope Parker didnt approve of this so called upgrade cuz if he had hes just as stupid as IPSCO Place.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I dont know what the main issue is with the Pats & IPSCO Place, I do know some of it has to deal with the ice, and the cleaniness of the building. I for 1 have no issue with the cleaniness of the building. Your not going to have a 20+ yr old building sparkling cean, when u got concrete floors you do what you can lol. 1 thing i wish they would fix is the mens washroom, that stupid troft thing you wash your hands in is from the dinosaur days. The stupid lever thing you step on stays pushed down when you walk away. That is 1 thing i would want changed if were making a list lol.

I noticed last game that they actually put these new sinks in the mens bathroom by the "autograph station". There are 4 sinks in the center of the bathroom and they are pretty nice, but I could see the inevitable lineups becoming a pain in the ass.

Then again Im very sure alot of the people that go to these games dont wash their hands anyways. At least its some sort of upgrade though.

scoreboard
11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I Have Heard This Soooo Many Times. Back In 1974, The Year After We Won The Memorial Cup, General Manager Del Wilson Said That He Would Move The Club, If The Exhibition Board Did Not Come To His Terms. The Pats Were About To Be Moved To The States, (Spokane, Washington).

Late 1980's When Hickie And Company Were Trying To Sell The Club, Once Again The Club Was Going To Be Moved.

Its Alot Of Talk, Regina Pats Are The Oldest Junior Club In The World, Do You Think The City Would Let Them Move This Team. No Way.....