PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Bortis

Broncs in RD
04-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow another great tourny for him, Yonkman and the Contacts. I believe Bortis had 6 points in the 4 games. Congrates and looking forward to seeing him in a Broncos uni.

Toswammi
04-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Bortis is good, talk about a big game player how about this resume. Led the regular season in scoring, lead the contacts in the playoffs, and scored the game winner against notre dame, to win it. Leads the contacts through the westerns. Next the telus cup, and i beleive that there is national coverage of at least parts of that tourny. As far as the Westerns go how about this for the Broncos future.

Game 1 - April 7, 2005 - Saskatoon Contacts 5 Winnipeg Thrashers 0
Game star was Kyle Bortis with 1 goal and 1 assist.

Game 2 - April 8, 2005 - Saskatoon Contacts 6 Thunder Bay Kings 7 OT
Game star was Kyle Bortis with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Game 3 - April 9, 2005 - Saskatoon Contacts 4 Winnipeg Wild 3
Game star was Travis Yonkman with 27 saves.

That doesn't include the finals. I can't wait to see these two kids play next year with the Broncos.

CHtoo
04-11-2005, 09:53 AM
I just hope we don't put too much pressure on this kid that he burns out.

It should be a pleasure to watch him. It's been a while since we had a real offensive threat.

smackitsakic
04-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Not gonna be a ton of pressure next year on Bortis at all. The way i see it, there are going to be a lot of other players that will have more pressure on them to put the puck in the net. Guys like Leovald and Sauer will be under the most pressure next year. Bortis will be a rookie, you can't ever expect too terribly much from a rookie in this league. Some work out better than you expect, some as you expect, some less than you expect.