PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Silvertips Trade

Scout
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Keen's Korner

Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Broncos have added 18 year-old forward Matt Ius from the Everett Silvertips in exchange for a 2009 5th round bantam pick.

Ius had three goals in 10 games this season before leaving the Silvertips last week.

At 6'2, 210, the Broncos get a hard working, big bodied forward who is a good skater.

It was reported last week that Ius had left the Silvertips because he felt he should be a part of the Silvertips top six forwards. Everett is going with a younger group of 17 year-old forwards which demoted Ius to the the third line.

Ius is expceted to join the Broncos in time for Sunday's game in Regina against the Pats.

www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Scout

dubfan
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Good move, no roster player given up. Big log jam of forwards though, lots of internal competition for ice time? IUS will be hard working, add a lot of grit and character, and could add offence in the right situation. Should be interesting when Everett comes next week!

CrazyGeorge
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
What line do you think Ius will be playing on? Anyone going to Regina for the game on Sunday/

Scout
11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Well that leaves us with a big glut on the forward lines plus we are still carrying eight D-men. I'm guessing there will be another trade in the future that will involve a few players. Can't see us carrying 26 players all year.

Scout

Toswammi
11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Well that leaves us with a big glut on the forward lines plus we are still carrying eight D-men. I'm guessing there will be another trade in the future that will involve a few players. Can't see us carrying 26 players all year.

Scout
We also have some injury issues. With Tassone rumored to be contemplating surgery for his shoulder there is some holes in the line-up

dodywood4ever
11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Hard to argue the fact he deserves to be a top six forward with the league leading 10 points in 66 games last year.

Broncs in RD
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Not the trade I was looking for, but all in all we got a big body up front who can skate. May look good along side Wudrick?? Look for another trade soon.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Looks like the Broncos cleared up a bit of the log jam by sending one of our Euros home.

Courtesy: scbroncos.com

Broncos Re-Assign Jokel

The Swift Current Broncos have re-assigned forward Oliver Jokel back to his Junior team in his hometown of Kosice, Slovakia.

Jokel appeared in 14 games for the Broncos this season after being selected in the CHL import draft this past off-season.

Link Dog
11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Not a big surprise with Jokel going back. He was on the bottom of the list of our 17 year old forwards. The selfish slapshot on the 3 on 1 with Hay wide open in front must have sealed his fate.

Toswammi
11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Looks like the Broncos cleared up a bit of the log jam by sending one of our Euros home.

Courtesy: scbroncos.com

Interesting that he is re-assigned...meaning he will be likely back next year. Don't see that with Euros very often.

CrazyGeorge
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Broncs in RD, I was thinking the same thing. A line of Wudrick/Eakin/Ius looks good....Vause playing with Dansereau seems like a good pairing but who is looking like the third option if Tassone is gone for a long period of time? Broncs in RD was saying "look for another trade soon"....do ya know something to share with us or just a thought?

Broncs in RD
11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow. Jokel re-assigned........Why oh why can't we have a top flight euro? I hate the excuse that we are not a big market! This has been our Achilles heel for too many years. Not since Zaripov have we had a "great euro" EURO scouting needs to be better. IMO. If Tassone is gone for a period of time we will defiantly need to make a deal, but like I said I am sure there is a deal in the works or Dean is looking real hard. I hope Ius is another Weise in the works.