PDA

View Full Version : spokane

tiny
11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Just a quick note on the hotel computer.

A five minute major for kneeing (I saw no knee) put us behind the eightball right off the bat. After killing 4 and a half minutes, Spokane got a weird one off the skate of Darcy. Spokane's second came off a fairly long shot that deflected off one of our defence. That was all the scoring. Fights weren't much and if anything we were outwrestled in most.

Darcy made two fantastic saves that no one could believe. Everyone was very tired after the long penalty kill yet the Rebels were able to shut Spokane down in the last two periods. I think they allowed only about 12 shots in the two periods.

Was quite impressed with the Rebels in the final period. They played with a lot of heart and determination. Several very good chances.

The eight of us here together (at least three more coming) are doing well even though we came through a LOT of rain and a little snow.

Others waiting for the computer so I will leave. Hi section N. We are thinking of you.

HAF
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Tiny, check your private messages. Do you guys still want to meet up with some Ams fans on Sunday?

Madcow
11-07-2008, 12:06 AM
No offense but i would say cratsenburg beating your redmond kid was more than "wrestling" at least on cratsenburgs side. You can watch it in this vid, as well as the goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXqXWqAo1M

HomerSimpson
11-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Two Rebels I was highly impressed with (other than Kuemper - but we already knew how good he was) were Mappin and Petrovic. Mappin played the game absolutely right, hitting and working hard and using his skill to create.

Petrovic has a bright future ahead of him in this league. It's hard to think of a comparison right off, but he has the size and skating ability to be a very, very good player.

tiny
11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I appreciate your input. I was impressed with the whole bunch and especially Darcy and the D. With three of our starting D out we were holding our breath. Then having a major right off the bat meant an even more tiring game. yet in the third period our boys did much more than hold their own.

In talking to Jesse, I got the impression he felt the same.

Still no Archer tonight so it will take everyone firing to start a new W column.

Hi kids and gkids listen to Cam for us ... we really realize what a great play-by-play we have when we are away from him.

met with John, who arranged our lodging in Seattle great guy... thanks John.

Took another tour of the Pike's Market today. what a place.

I will try to check in again soon.

Tiny