PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry on the board

ynot
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm sure I am going to get slammed by several people after this post!!

I have been reading this board for quite some time before I actually joined. One of the reasons I joined was that I found some of the posts quite humorous. I also had not come across another site out there for WHL fans (I'm sure there are but I haven't found them).

Is the point of this board not for people to come and post their personal opinions and views regarding the WHL in general? Of course people don't have the same opinions...how boring would life be if we did? I'm not quite following why some people are getting so upset about posts regarding opposing teams. Isn't that part of the fun...to be able to jab back and forth and have disagreements regarding other's opinions? I'm a Tigers fan but when I read something in which someone is slamming the Tigers I don't get mad, I laugh. It's only someone else's opinion. Sometimes it makes me see things from others view points and I have even actually agreed with some of it in the end.

On any board on the internet, as long as there are not posts made as per Rule #5 and you are not personally attacking someone, rule #1, have a laugh about it and relax. I know, what about rule 2? (No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.) This should be common sense. It's a hockey board regarding several teams, debate is unavoidable. Consider the person making the post (moron?, maybe), have a laugh and make a jab back about their team or have a debate about their opinion. Just don't make it personal.

If you are taking these boards that seriously that you can't handle people criticizing other teams, then maybe you shouldn't post. It's all in fun and should be taken that way. There are a lot of people on here that are knowlegeable about the WHL in general; not just their own team. If they say something negative about your team, maybe you should take a moment and consider the comment. You never know there may be some truth in it.

Happy posting... :) Raiders are the worst team in the WHL! (lol....just testing you...this series is FAR from over!!!)

Furback
04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
yes ynot well said,i still think raiders will sweep the tigers lol good luck in the series. If by some miracle the tigers beat PA I would to see the tigers win the whl. as we all know clarke Macarthur is a sabres prospect and i would like to see him win a memerial cup mvp just like derek Roy in 2003.

grumphy
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
yes ynot well said,i still think raiders will sweep the tigers lol good luck in the series. If by some miracle the tigers beat PA I would to see the tigers win the whl. as we all know clarke Macarthur is a sabres prospect and i would like to see him win a memerial cup mvp just like derek Roy in 2003.
Good post-----no trolls------no snyd remarks------no smart ass comments----make all your posts like this and there would be no problems :thumb:

The_Vulk
04-11-2005, 04:55 PM
ynot, we are here for our share and love of the game.

Just like any hockey or football, or baseball pool at work, people can discuss things, debate things, having differing opinions, WITHOUT the "trolling" and name calling. Between making a negative (but truthful) comment/observation and one that is meant as a joke (not shared by all, or was bad or in poor taste to some) and those that are offensive, just to get a reaction from.

There are too many other forums out there that do nothing about it, and a few that even encourages it, if that is what the few members whom are still there want to do.

And as with any new forum, it takes some time for everyone to get to know what is and what is not acceptible, and how to deal with it.

Nice to see you have decided to not just read the posts, but to now contribute to them. :clap: