PDA

View Full Version : Game 22-Canes 3 at Hitmen 4 Shoot Out

Hitmen1
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
The Hitmen return home tonight after downing the Ice in Cranbrook last night. The Canes haven't played forever and will have some new faces in the lineup tonight. The game is on the net only because of the Flames game. GO HITMEN!

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Hitmen1
11-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Hitmen win another game over the Canes tonight but it took a shoot out to do it. The Hitmen really took the game over in the last half of the 3rd and if it wasn't for Metsola it could have got ugly. I have to add that I listened to the last 2 periods of the game on the Canes radio network and the broadcast was decent. Not as fine tuned as a Hitmen broadcast but the 2 guys did alright job and got excited just as much for a Hitmen goal as they did for a Canes goal.

Hitmen1
11-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Recap (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001619)

The Hitmen now face a tough test for probably the first time this season. They will start a 4 game in 5 night road starting Tuesday vs Speedy Creek.

localguy
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Hitmen win another game over the Canes tonight but it took a shoot out to do it. The Hitmen really took the game over in the last half of the 3rd and if it wasn't for Metsola it could have got ugly. I have to add that I listened to the last 2 periods of the game on the Canes radio network and the broadcast was decent. Not as fine tuned as a Hitmen broadcast but the 2 guys did alright job and got excited just as much for a Hitmen goal as they did for a Canes goal.

Speaking of ugly, how about the 2 knee to knee hits delivered by the Hitmen? and our broadcast is alright, but Curl got his start down here with the Canes, and Thrower is awful, you'd think there is only one team (the hitmen) playing at any given time that he is speaking. Another solid game by the boys at the dome though, you guys are looking real strong. Have you played Vancouver yet?

tyeryan9
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Canes broadcast crew might be the weakest in the league. Very amateur sounding.... The play by play guy tries to be a ring announcer, while the color guy pretends he knows all there is about hockey - but in actual fact doesn't understand much at all.