PDA

View Full Version : Small World

bjhunnicutt
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
The following msg. was posted by fightstrap50 on the Kootenay ice Bd. yesterday. A feel good story:

Small world
April 10 2005 at 5:11 PM fighstrap50 (no login)

For the past four or five years or so I have been going to the ICE games almost like religion. But changed seats about three years ago.I sit in a row of only 3 seats and its been a funny thing that in the whole time we have had 2 of the seats in the row, no one has ever bought nor sat in the 3rd. apparently its sold as a season ticket. But we have never met them either. Last night we were running late to the game and upon going down to our seats there was someone in the 3rd. This person was a lady in her mid 40's or so. Totaly decked out in all the Everet green ect. Its funny as we have had many sell outs and even two recent record crowds and still nobody sat there even with standing room 3 rows deep! So we start talking to her about coming up and its good to see the fans come up, though she drove herself and the fan bus people were in the other end of the rink completely.
She mentioned About Steven DaSilva playing here and if we liked him, of course! so she tells us that on the way up here as shes driving down the highway with an Everet flag out her window, a car pulls beside her giving the thumbs down and laughing at the flag. Turns out he rolled his window down to talk to her and hes Dan DaSilva giving her the ribs for putting them outof the playoffs and asking if shes coming to Cranbrook. and shes telling us how funny the driving conversation was and how nice he is. As he was just kidding around with her and hes coming to watch our DaSilva play here in Cranny. So in the second intermission im talikg to a security guard friend of mine at the rink and he sais hes got a Dan DaSilva signed puck for me. so he starts telling me this story about Dan giving this lady a little bit of a hard time on the way up here while driving. As soon as he starts telling me i realize its the woman beside me! hillarious how the world is so small sometimes. She was great to sit with and didnt mind me uhh.., encouraging ill say, my team one bit! She really like our building and thought the fans were great. She got a good taste of the fans here as she was right in the heart of season ticket country in our end and it was really loud down there, what a great loud crowd last night! I talked to a few Tips fans around the rink last night and they seemed quite nice and liked us as a good clean team and fans. Congrats on the great weekend ICE 2 more wins in Everet would be a great accomplishment for you guys! GO ICE GO!!!

On a personal note I was intrigued and impressed with the very strong showing of Tips fans to the last two games here. VERY passionate fans you are. GREAT to see as many followers travelling so many miles [kilometers].. BJ

Tipped Off
04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
That's a great story. thanks for the kind words regarding Tips fans. I beleive the Ice are definately the better team in this searies, but maybe we can sneak one out tonight and make it a go of it. Obviously if we don't win tonight it's all but over. I know, I know we came back last year, but this isn't last year and that type of thing only happens once in a franchise...lol.