PDA

View Full Version : The Tri City Americans Message board has been deleted.

HAF
11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
However, long time poster Bishard has created a new one. So, all of the Ams fans that used to frequent the old Am's board are welcome to continue posting here as well as Bishards new forum. Here is the URL:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/627302/

The sad thing is that with the old mod deleting that board, Ams fans have now lost 10 years worth of posts. I always liked going through the old threads and from time to time to reminisce.

aaAlta
11-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Why not many tri fans using this board? Is it also a little too regulated for the trash talking that some like to do? Is that why Bish and friends had to branch off? Personally I dont mind the harsher stuff. Its just opinions. And if you've been around the sport for awhile your skin should be fairly thick by now.

HAF
11-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Actually, I'm not sure why this forum never took off. Yes, we keep a pretty high standard here as far as the trash talk goes but still should be getting more traffic here.
Bishard is a close friend of mine. His forum will be great for Am's chat and I support him 100%. As for the old forum...... It was turning into a "cheerleader" forum. Anytime someone would be critical of a players on ice performance the mod there would start deleting posts. Honestly, if it happens on the ice it should be fair game to discuss. Sometimes people forget that this is a competive hockey league that is one of the largest suppliers of NHL hockey players. These kids can more than handle the scruteny of WHL fans. They are not nearly as fragile as some of thier billets and parents are.

I urge all Ams fans to give the "new Ams forum" a chance. We can co-exist very nicely!

Mizzle1
11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah its nice to avoid the trash talking...Have you seen the 'Tips Talk' board, its a joke...