PDA

View Full Version : Dyck vs Stasiuk

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I've heard from good sources that there is friction again between Roy And Mike. There was some friction 2 years ago but winning takes care of most problems. Last night in his between period interview Roy outwardly questioned the wisdom of putting Hoff on the powerplay. He basically said there is no need for Hoff to be on the PP. Not somethig a GM usually says in public. Then if you hear his last comment you need to question what he meant? He said he is taking a few weeks away from things and is "traded out". Then he said something to the effect that he feels the team has the players it takes to win. He said in a month if things are not turned around "we will need to look in a different direction to fix things". A different direction from player moves means what? Coaching moves to shake things up. Who else can you shuffle to shake up a team? It's either the players or the coaches.
Another interesting thing Stasiuk said was when asked if Mestery was lucky to be playing with Wright, he said Wright is lucky to be playing with Mestery. From all accounts Mestery played very well.
What the h@ll happens if Wright is gone for 6-8 weeks or more. Just what we don't need. Our D is cursed this year. Not that it does any good but do you think Roy was on his hands and knees talking to the Flyers late last night? vci22

sbtatter
11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Is Wright injured?

localguy
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
yes, but not sur ehow badly, he took a knee on knee from Foxx (major and game misc), about 5 minutes after Burgart hit King Kknee on knee with no call. King played on, Wright went to the hospital for evaluation.

shushu
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I've heard from good sources that there is friction again between Roy And Mike. There was some friction 2 years ago but winning takes care of most problems. Last night in his between period interview Roy outwardly questioned the wisdom of putting Hoff on the powerplay. He basically said there is no need for Hoff to be on the PP. Not somethig a GM usually says in public. Then if you hear his last comment you need to question what he meant? He said he is taking a few weeks away from things and is "traded out". Then he said something to the effect that he feels the team has the players it takes to win. He said in a month if things are not turned around "we will need to look in a different direction to fix things". A different direction from player moves means what? Coaching moves to shake things up. Who else can you shuffle to shake up a team? It's either the players or the coaches.
Another interesting thing Stasiuk said was when asked if Mestery was lucky to be playing with Wright, he said Wright is lucky to be playing with Mestery. From all accounts Mestery played very well.
What the h@ll happens if Wright is gone for 6-8 weeks or more. Just what we don't need. Our D is cursed this year. Not that it does any good but do you think Roy was on his hands and knees talking to the Flyers late last night? vci22
if the canes world does not improove there may be a move in a ''different direction''( just love that saying)...this is a big year for the club and with the chance of ALOT of talent not returning next year dyck could be the victom here. out of the 4 seasons dyck has been here the first 2 were nothing to wright home about, the 3rd was good but was it a hot team or a coach that pulled things together, who knows....all i know is the 4th is not starting out that rosey and calgary is pulling farther away every day, which is putting tons of pressure on the his shoulders......i have no problem with dyck, but he is here to do a job and if he cannot do it thing may have to change....the next 30 days will tell the tale........................ps.....i'm glad to hear talk like this for the simple reason that if someone is not pulling his weight he will be set free instead of keeping him around because he is best friends with the president of the board.........

LHF
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Dyck and Stasiuk have only been here 3 years.

shushu
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Dyck and Stasiuk have only been here 3 years.
the half season in 05/06..... i;m talking seasons not years.....but thanks for the imfo, he who knows all................... vci22

LHF
11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
the half season in 05/06..... i;m talking seasons not years.....but thanks for the imfo, he who knows all................... vci22

It's 'she', and there's no need to be rude!!! He who knows all...

Misunderstood, that's all...Geeze. :turkey:

shushu
11-10-2008, 01:16 PM
It's 'she', and there's no need to be rude!!! He who knows all...

Misunderstood, that's all...Geeze. :turkey:
i was just joking around, that why the little man was beside my post......
if i were to tell anyone to take a walk, putting this guy :wave: beside my post would be counterproductive.......sorry if you took it the wrong way....she who khows all ;) ........................

grainbear
11-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Of course Roy is frustrated, Never mind the fans, He makes the right moves and things look better and the we get another curve. Good Teams find ways to win and right now we are not playing like a team with skill and confidence. Are we being out coached or do we need some big workout by our consultants in the positive mental areas. I suggest both , Do I think Dyck can get the job done. I want to say yes, but results speak louder then words. For whatever reason we are not at our best this season. We continue to underperform on the powerplay, do not use our d-men in creative offesive manners and struggle continually against traps and refuse to allow our dmen to take near enough shots from the point. I am prepared to wait but Dyck needs to start bringing results or local or not the writing is on the wall.

Caner
11-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I hope it works out for Dyck, he's a good person. Although the loss's are very good for rodeo, he's not a good person at all, and this looks good on the little man.

Bocephus
11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I hope it works out for Dyck, he's a good person. Although the loss's are very good for rodeo, he's not a good person at all, and this looks good on the little man.
Care to explain? I have never heard that slant before.

aaAlta
11-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I wouldnt weight alot of the difficulty on Dycks shoulders alone. Its a shared responsibility when the going gets tough. The mestery acquisition was an addition to D depth, hes smooth and can be reliable. But you gave up some pretty major points for that. I think Yellowhorn should have brought something more to your sweet spot years. Sceviour was a good trade for you.

But overall I still think you have too much talent, to rule out a buy between now and deadline. Unless the thinking is to sell to bolster next year and beyond. Either way you need a few to step up; and everyone to really pull together.

canes77
11-11-2008, 11:12 PM

I agree Bochephus, I dont understand what Caner meant here either vci11

Which little man do you speak of? Kabeyama? Stasiuk?

As far as the big trade last week, the "rest of the season" started then, and yes, since then the Canes have gone 0-2...but looking at the positives, they took the Conference's top team to a shootout and then generated a lot of chances against MH even though they couldnt bury them.

It's been 2 games since the change, lets see what the team can do for the rest of the month at least before anything changes. From my tiny connection to the Board, I would say that Stasiuk isnt going anywhere and it'll be someone else if that choice is unfortunately made. I hope no one leaves and hope everyone can turn the ship around within the next week!

Let's get revenge tomorrow night against the Chiefs
GO CANES GO pbj

Hockey Watcher
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
i really hope we can turn things around. i see ZERO energy, spunk, speed, fight or just plain ole fun. unless that changes nothing will change. the bench looks like they are at grandma teddies funeral. no solo or team celebration when boychuck scored (?????????) depressing moment :(

i have chosen to watch other whl teams play and i felt lots of young energy, team fun, lots of spunk, speed that we can beat and lots of good fights. the bench of other teams look happy with a lot of "team" celebration when a goal is scored. they look as if the teams have bonded and like eachother the canes
look like "who cares" I don't get it? what are we holding back and what are we afraid of. maybe someone should tell them the fans care and pay to see a good hockey game

several changes have been made to this team this season (good and bad I suppose)
trade after trade, young talented prospects sent home, injury after injury, but there is nothing we can do other than deal with it and play our game
that happens every year. I am just as puzzled as the rest vc124

what happened to that top gun line that scored all those goals early in the pre and start of season. where did they go? (traded/home/on the bench) some yes traded and home and some are still there but arent playing the same as then. once the other guys returned the goals and energy stopped. canes look like a different team from the early season team we had. i thought this is going to be a good scoring season and now i cannot purchase a goal. our losses are not just about the defense as so many are blaming, i think it is more than that (but what is it?) and with or without those trades unless we get our heads together and get thru what is bothering us were not going to improve.

do we really need to get a new coach? who knows something has to change. no one wants to give up on a team but if we get to far behind we may as well movve on and start trading, drafting, protecting and preparing for next season. if this is really the canes year then lets start showing it vc119

let tommorows game begin clrkth

shushu
11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree Bochephus, I dont understand what Caner meant here either vci11

Which little man do you speak of? Kabeyama? Stasiuk?

As far as the big trade last week, the "rest of the season" started then, and yes, since then the Canes have gone 0-2...but looking at the positives, they took the Conference's top team to a shootout and then generated a lot of chances against MH even though they couldnt bury them.

It's been 2 games since the change, lets see what the team can do for the rest of the month at least before anything changes. From my tiny connection to the Board, I would say that Stasiuk isnt going anywhere and it'll be someone else if that choice is unfortunately made. I hope no one leaves and hope everyone can turn the ship around within the next week!

Let's get revenge tomorrow night against the Chiefs
GO CANES GO pbj
that caner is talking about roy, and unlikes the man with a passion but the rest of us are looking at the big picture, i dont dislike anyone in the management but most of all i want the canes to do well...year in and year out i support this team for the many years now, and at times feel that thing should run smoother than they do but like the all of us we are on the outside, and it tough to get agood read from there..........i also hope they can turn thing around.........................

Bocephus
11-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I am so glad I didn't waste my money on season tix. Also, ain't no damn way we will come out of the Spoke with any points tonight. :o

Madcow
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
really you guys don't even have like a team celebration when you score a goal? thats just sad :(

Caner
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
5-2 Spoke. I like it, I love it, Rodeo needs some more of it.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
5-2 Spoke. I like it, I love it, Rodeo needs some more of it.
Maybe you need to follow a different sport. Your comment is just sad!