PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen 6-Pats 2--Game Should Be A Real Good Game

scoreboard
11-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Calgary Hitmen Vs. Regina Pats - The Two Tops Teams From The East Division Will Be Going At It This Coming Wednesday. It Should Be A Real Good Game. Two Fast And High Scoring Teams,

Hitmen1
11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Hopefully the Hitmen winning streak continues. The game is on the fan tonight.

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

dagley
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Wednesday, and Calgary is in the Central not the East.

Hitmen1
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
A very good game indeed. The Hitmen man handled the Pats tonight with a 6-2 victory. The Hitmen outshot the Pats 47-20, included 22-8 in the 3rd. Michael Snider played his first game in 3 weeks and picked up the win. It was a tie game going to the 3rd although it probably shouldn't have been. A day off for the Hitmen so they can travel to Brandon before facing the Wheaties on Friday.

armypower
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
The boy's are doing it on the road now, great to see,Brandon will be another test

patsdude114
11-13-2008, 03:51 AM
The Pats had no jump at all, they all wanted to stand around and watch the Hitmen. Wanted to watch how good they move the puck i guess.

The bar has definately been risen....again on the Pats. Not sure when they are going to learn this. 1st saskatoon handed us a 8-1 beating where we stood around and watched there big fast players move thru the netural zone on us and eventually buried the puck 8 times. Now tonight we wanted to watch the Hitmen beat us to every loose puck. If it wasnt for Rowat the score would of been much much worse. I dont mind loosing games but god at least compete in the games you do loose.

Maybe another wake up call has been sent to the Pats... not sure how many they need before they actually get it.

I will say though the Hitmen have a fantastic team. Great puck movement and hussle in on loose pucks and thru the netural zone. Must be a great treat to watch night in and night out. As for that Snider (back up keeper i think thats his name) he looked below avg at best. He has a very werid stance, if the Pats had put up any kind of effort the score may of been different. But hey he got the job done what more can you ask for from your back up keeper.

hitmanfan
11-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Snider might be a little cold. 3rd WHL game ever and hasn't played in 3 weeks. Toon town suprised a lot of people. They came on hard at the end of last year and kept it going. Sounds like the kid that fought Burgart picked the wrong guy to have his first fight with.

armypower
11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Burgart is a real tough kid

Fight Guy
11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
All I have to say is, wow. The Hitmen are a damn good team. I didn't think that Pats played that terrible to be honest. They just aren't at the same level as Calgary, and they now know what they need to do to be a top end team.

Have to give Rowatt lots of credit for keeping the Pats in it, but honestly, I don't think the Pats knew what they were up against. The first two periods, sure they got out shot and out played, but were able to hang with, in my opinion, and elite team. If it weren't for the Hitmen shooting every chance they got, the shot total would not have been as lopsided. Then come the third, the Pats completely lost it.

So Patsdude, I wouldn't get all over the Pats that quick. They played a team on a whole different level than them. Wake up call? ...not really the case here. Sure, it is going to be a wake up call, but Saskatoon and Everett were different teams the Pats should have been able to win easy...and I say 'easy' loosely. Against the Hitmen...not as ridiculous. Part of the reason they may have looked flat is because Calgary is just that good. I'm sure they can make many good teams look terrible the way they played last night.

This game tells the Pats what they need to do if they want to make it deep in to the playoffs. Not that I'm saying the Pats are a shoe in to make the playoffs as things could change, but as we have now seen, the Pats are a lot better than first projected.

Sorry to talk about the Pats in the Calgary forum, but there really isn't much to say about Calgary. They played what almost looked like a flawless game last night. Can't wait for the next game, as I'm sure the Pats will bring a different level of play and make it a more even game...I hope.

hitmanfan
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM
No problem it's nice to get other fans perspective our of boys. Especially when you tell us how good they played. yeehoo

Hitmen1
11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree the opposition teams fan opinions are good to hear, keep them coming. Listening to the game last night, I just kept thinking the Hitmen should be winning/leading easily but the Pats will find a way to win it.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Interesting to see Pat's fans take on the Hitmen. Not that I want to blow thier horn but they were really good here in Leth also. Well coached and very hard working. Reminded me of the way the Giants play, which is saying a lot. Other than Spokane in last years final, the Giants and Hitmen do seem to play on a different level. Intensity, hustle and stick to the system is all it is.