View Full Version : Bosch to MJ

patsfans
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Bosch to MJ for Prokop.

My question is: that's all we get?? :confused:

http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/2008/11/done-deal.html

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Prokop is an 18 year old just like Bosch. Got 22 points last year, good size. Supposed to be a goalscorer type of player. Decent player.

I dont know why people thought we were getting Broda or Bast for Bosch straight up. Both of those guys are top offensive players while Bosch isnt even a proven starter.

In either event, the pats dont really lose anything from this(unless there are more details to be released still...). We had to get rid of one goalie anyways, at least we got something good out of it.

And at least that goaltender problem is done with. Holy ****.

scoreboard
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Bosch to MJ for Prokop.

My question is: that's all we get?? :confused:

http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/2008/11/done-deal.html

BROTHER.... AN OLD TIMER LIKE ME, RETIRED, NEEDS HIS AFTERNOON NAP.... I WAKE UP AND MISS THE NEWS THAT REGINA PATS MADE A TRADE.....

HAVE TO ADMITE THOUGH, I AM GLAD THIS IS ALL OVER.... AT FIRST I HAD ROWAT BEING TRADED, BUT THE WAY HE HAS BEEN PLAYING, GLAD HE IS STILL WITH US.... WE NEEDED ANOTHER GOOD FORWARD.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-10-2008, 03:12 PM
The pats might also have to move a forward or two. Going to get more cluttered back there with the new acquitition, Czibere back and Hanson coming back too. Probably one of the rookies going(not weal duh). Hood seems like the only safe one, and probably Mulder too. 1 of Favreau, Breitkreuz or Hanson will be sent down/traded.

CJSenterprise4
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Tough to only get prokop for Bosch but the goalie market isn't that great right now and Bosch has not played well this year. Maybe Prokop comes in and fits in nicely and attributes to the team as good as he can.

CJSenterprise4
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
The pats might also have to move a forward or two. Going to get more cluttered back there with the new acquitition, Czibere back and Hanson coming back too. Probably one of the rookies going(not weal duh). Hood seems like the only safe one, and probably Mulder too. 1 of Favreau, Breitkreuz or Hanson will be sent down/traded.

Still think we need a reliable D man. Just a solid stopper back there, nothing fancy. Scarborough is just plain terrible he can't play. Then miller and slobozian are alright but really young so I think we really need 1 more solid D man.

witness
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Another big body up front never is a bad thing. The biggest asset to the Pats is allowing the goaltenders to get into a two man rotation with Ketlo playing at least once a week.
Prokop is not a bad return. He will have to pick up his game a little in order to crack the Pats top 3 lines.
The trade does leave the Pats a little heavy up front. It would be a shame to take any ice time away from some of the young kids (Favreau, Hood, Weal, Mulder, Breitkreuz & Hansen), they have all fit in and played well.
I can't see them trading or sending anybody down right now. Hansen is at least another week away from playing and then the Pats have the big November road trip that an extra body would help. They will most likely lose Eberle for most of December with the World Juniors. And then there is U17 Worlds where the Pats will lose Weal for sure and the possiblity of Hood, Favreau and Slobozian.

Fight Guy
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I, myself, was a little disappointed that the Pats acquired Prokop. Not that I think a straight up trade for Bast or Broda was what I was expecting. I figured Bosch and a decent pick would have landed one of the two, but Prokop has a better chance of sticking around longer, and maybe he can pick his game up with Regina's line-up. But as it stands, still a good trade.

As for the goal-tending situation... yay!...lol My original idea was to trade Rowatt and keep Bosch and Ketlo, but where we stand now is great. With all the movement thus far this season in net, I wasn't really able to keep track of who was doing good. Wasn't till last night that I noticed Rowatt only has one loss on the season...not including the shoot out loss. And with 17yo Ketlo in the back up position, I think the Pats are in good shape. Kept both the best performing goalies up to now, and Bosch gets to make the jump to a starting position...at least I would imagine he will in the 'Jaw.

Can't wait till Wednesday to see what Prokop can do... with a couple practices in. :p Meaning I won't expect too much.

patsfans
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree with the above. I cannot see Favreau or Hanson being moved. Favreau has been playing hard this year and so too has Hanson (when he's healthy). Breitkreuz may be the odd man out IMO.

Fight Guy
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking the same. Hanson has really picked it up this season. He has looked real good out there playing the actually useful enforcer role. He has been the guy to step in when the time was right to stand up for his team, and he is checking very well and making a difference this year. And Favreau always plays his hardest, and him and Hood have both become a lot more comfortable and perhaps they can get that chemistry going again they had back in Martinsville. Hood is playing really well...even getting time on the top PP unit!

Breitkreuz may have to wait another year now. I'm not sure they will go trading him right away or anything, but he may get the pull and sent down where he will get the chance to play a bigger role. He hasn't been playing bad, but others have proven themselves more.

And Mulder will stick around unless traded later on. He hasn't played a huge role thus far, but he has definitely been playing well. The last few games I've really noticed him, and that has to be a good thing.

lasiter
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
still think more moves ahead,we are still short a 20 year old. Hill is playing
great in Lincoln Ne. so not much chance of him coming back.Like to see us
maybe send Doucet's rights and one of our young guys for a solid 20 yr old
top 4 Dman

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Still think we need a reliable D man. Just a solid stopper back there, nothing fancy. Scarborough is just plain terrible he can't play. Then miller and slobozian are alright but really young so I think we really need 1 more solid D man.I actually like Scarborough. He is pretty much the opposite of flashy, but he is soild defensively, and a decent skater. Not an offensive guy though. Last game he broke up a sure one timer goal in the 3rd period on a very heads up play. Usually the forwards can relax when he is on the ice with whomever he is paired with, especially Miller or Pym.

I was high on Miller earlier on in the season, but he turns the puck over WAY too much. At least 3 or 4 giveaways last game. Regina might end up sending him down for one more year when/if they bring in another top 4 guy. Slobozian has been allright. He needs to shoot the puck more, he has a wicked shot.

I would like to see an all around guy brought in who is resposible defensively, but the most important part is that we need a guy who will be back next year. Maybe a guy like Mike Reddington from Spokane. Bart, Teub and Deli could all be gone next year, and Pym probably wont be ready to be our number one guy next year, so its a good idea to solidify next years defence, and this year's even more so than it is.

I agree with the above. I cannot see Favreau or Hanson being moved. Favreau has been playing hard this year and so too has Hanson (when he's healthy). Breitkreuz may be the odd man out IMO.Thats where things seem to be standing now, but I dont really want to see the pats move "herb" yet. He has shown some good flashes of potential, and is solid on both ends of the ice. Decent puck handler and is good around the net, though he needs to beef up a bit. He might just need to get some games in the league before he gets into a groove... but I could see him being a good player in this league. Might take a year for him to "strueby" his way out the gate. As for Hanson, he is either going to be our energy checking forward, or traded. Not too important to future plans, but can be of use to the team.

Personally, I would sent Favreau back down. He hustles and is a tenacious little bugger, but he could use a year to work on his offensive skills. He could use a year to be a top offensive guy in midget, something he hasnt done that all the other rookies have done (even Hanson). Mulder, Herb, Hood, and even Hanson have put up top totals in midget. Maybe when/if Favreau does, then he could come back in a more prominent role next year.

But theres a difference between what I think should happen, and what will actually happen. I agree that HERB will probably be the odd man out if push came to shove though, as he doesnt fit into the teams style at this point in time like the other young guys do.

patsdude114
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
My god not happy with this trade at all. I new Bosch was the odd man out. Especially once i seen Rowat take the crease last night in the 1st place showdown giving him back to back games against 2 top teams.

Bosch going to MJ doesnt bother me at all but to get a guy back like Prokop that i got a problem with. I would of rather got a 5th rd pick instead of Prokop. Prokop is big & extremely slow, he doesnt fit into our team at all. It would be different if Prokop would fight but he doesnt even do that. I really dont see a spot on our roster for this kid. Yes Prokop was a 1st rd pick but that was the last bantam draft before lockout that changed the way the game was played.

Coming from me it will be lucky if Prokop can crack our 4th line. Even then that is a far cry. God i could go on &on & on, about why i dont like this trade.

All im going to say about this trade from now on is........ PROKOP?????????? WHO????PROKOP???? MY GOD??????STUPID???

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Are some of you over rating Bosch. It sure sounds like it. There are only 22 teams in the league and he is 28th in Save Perc and 29th in GAA. Terrible numbers on a really good team. His won/loss rcord is 2 - 7. Again, horrible numbers. Also he has never had the pressure of being the number one guy. Getting a warm body with size is a good deal it seems to me.

CJSenterprise4
11-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Prokop... can anyone say Ryan DePape lol....a top round supposed goal scorer...yeah that worked out real well if i remember.

and are you serious about scarborough..he messed up more than anyone last game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Patsdude, you should give prokop a chance. He is kind of slow, but has good offensive instincts, and from what I remember, a very good shot. He put up some points on a weaker MJ team this year, and one would think that in a more offensive system, that he could put up more, especially with less pressure on him to produce.

You could end up being right, but lets reserve the judgement for when he actually plays. Might take a few games to adjust like it did for Czibere. And remember that he is also only 18 years old.

Are some of you over rating Bosch. It sure sounds like it. There are only 22 teams in the league and he is 28th in Save Perc and 29th in GAA. Terrible numbers on a really good team. Also he has never had the pressure of being the number one guy.

Numbers really arent everything. For awhile, he was playing as well (sometimes better) than Rowat, which is one of the reasons it took so long to move a goaltender. He had a couple bad games, but he also dominated a few as well. Though Rowat has been very good lately and finally retained the job.

Im not sure if Bosch will have too much success in MJ this year, but he is definitely good enough to start in this league.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Perhaps you are confusing him with Miller. Scarborough had a decent game from what I saw.

patsfans
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
still think more moves ahead,we are still short a 20 year old. Hill is playing
great in Lincoln Ne. so not much chance of him coming back.Like to see us
maybe send Doucet's rights and one of our young guys for a solid 20 yr old
top 4 Dman

Swift will need to address their overage issue. There may be a D-man the Pats can pick up perhaps.

sbtatter
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Swift will need to address their overage issue. There may be a D-man the Pats can pick up perhaps.
Take Dudas...(if he can stay healthy), he and Bartley could be an intimidating partnership

patsfans
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Take Dudas...(if he can stay healthy), he and Bartley could be an intimidating partnership

That would be a likely scenario as he has yet to play a game this season.

nivek_wahs
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
If the Pats were to acquire Dudas they would be pretty much screwing themselves up for next year. The team would have the potential of losing their top 4 d-men in 2009... that would be CRAZY.

sbtatter
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
If the Pats were to acquire Dudas they would be pretty much screwing themselves up for next year. The team would have the potential of losing their top 4 d-men in 2009... that would be CRAZY.
teubert, those 2 and who else would leave?

nivek_wahs
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
teubert, those 2 and who else would leave?Delahey could potentially be the 4th guy. Will be 20 so who knows.

sbtatter
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Delahey could potentially be the 4th guy. Will be 20 so who knows.
Thanks, I didn't think about him. It's tough losing 3 or 4 d-man, as we're finding out

patsdude114
11-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Patsdude, you should give prokop a chance. He is kind of slow, but has good offensive instincts, and from what I remember, a very good shot. He put up some points on a weaker MJ team this year, and one would think that in a more offensive system, that he could put up more, especially with less pressure on him to produce.

You could end up being right, but lets reserve the judgement for when he actually plays. Might take a few games to adjust like it did for Czibere. And remember that he is also only 18 years old.

Yes you are right i should give him a chance.... but keep in mind i have seen him play 6 games already this season, he has yet to produce anything he was a 3rd center on moose jaw.... My boss has 4 season tickets to the warrior games and i go when i have a chance too..... when i called my boss and told him about this trade he laughed and said "wow did lang see parker coming or what" thats coming from a die hard MJ (who drives from fort quappelle for every game)

I hope Prokop can prove me wrong but im not going to hold my breathe on it either.

As much as i like Bosch i dont think he is the answer to MJ's goalie problems either..... i mean yes the regular games will help him tons and will give him a better feel for the puck as his rebound control needs work big time, but u only get better at that by playing games. Bosch can make that big athletic save to fire up ur team but seems like he will let in that goal that he should of had too. I know by him playing games will only help his development. Its not like MJ is going to scare anyone this season anyways there more less looking for next season and the year after when Howden is 17 & 18. Look by trade deadline for Broda or Bast to be moved as well for a quality 17 or 18 yr old.

scoreboard
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Delahey could potentially be the 4th guy. Will be 20 so who knows.

KEVIN - CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW REGINA PATS FORUM SITE

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
BOSCH Moose Jaw Warriors 2 91 51 10 0 6.56 0.804 OUCH!

scoreboard
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
BOSCH Moose Jaw Warriors 2 91 51 10 0 6.56 0.804 OUCH!

IN TWO GAMES - AS OF SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16 th. - 10 GOALS FOR AN AVERAGE OF 5.00 GOALS AGAINST.

REGINA PATS GOT THE BETTER DEAL BY FAR....

Fight Guy
11-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Prokop has shown flashes of what he was supposed to be when coming to this league. I think he'll pick it up with a few more games under his belt. He has been pretty good for the Pats. And jeeze, it seems no one on other teams like him. He is always getting abuse from the other team...lol. He can move the puck really well when in a tight spot, but his size seems to get in his way when doing so.

nivek_wahs
11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
IN TWO GAMES - AS OF SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16 th. - 10 GOALS FOR AN AVERAGE OF 5.00 GOALS AGAINST.

Hey scoreboard... Bosch has only played 91 minutes in his 2 games in the Jaw and has allowed 10 goals which does indeed translate to a 6+ average.

Hatguy
11-16-2008, 05:17 PM

:laugh: Maybe a bit hasty with that judgement are we? I think it will work out for both teams evenly, well I hope so at least.