PDA

View Full Version : Broncs and Hitmen

Broncs in RD
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Broncos get yet another great game from the defense and Goaltending, but can't SCORE. I think if we had a top notch scorer we may have had this one in the bag....lol. ERN I have gone crazy, I think it may have something to do with the coaching.......................................... ................................................
Ern hold on I am kidding.

transplantedbronco
11-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Broncs you may be kidding but I am not. I do think it has to do with coaching. Why is it every freakin game we have to change every single line. The players just start to gel with one another and Dean goes and changes everything. They have one bad game or a bad period and he changes everything and sometimes they had a great game and he still changes all the lines. Yes I understand with injuries and scratches their should be some line changes but NOT EVERY ONE. All I say is let the boys play through some adversity once and awhile and and you just mayber suprised how they respond to your game plan. Cause right now some players are not buying in.

Enough of the rant. I think the guys played a great game. This loss I can accept as the played hard and did not give up. So kudos to the players for that.

stick boy
11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
How many freaking threads on the same game do we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish the all-star over there would just add to the existing threads!

Anyway, I was really impressed with the way the guys played tonight and generated a lot of scoring chances. Too bad we couldn't bury one. I was impressed with Ius, he threw lots of hits, maybe needs to keep his feet moving out there a little bit more though.

Also liked the peddle, vause, wagner line that was together a bit.

Postma looked very ordinary, Eakin beat him easily to the outside in the second period, no regrets on that trade whatsoever.

Anyone know what happened to Claffey?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Broncs you may be kidding but I am not. I do think it has to do with coaching. Why is it every freakin game we have to change every single line. The players just start to gel with one another and Dean goes and changes everything. They have one bad game or a bad period and he changes everything and sometimes they had a great game and he still changes all the lines.

Sometimes they dont change things up because the line isnt working (or to piss off the fans), but to help the players become more familiar with each other's styles and habits to find out who works with each other the best. As the season goes on, players will gradually become more familiar with each others style and when playoffs roll around, the team has a better chance of succeeding because they are more familiar with not just one group of combinations, but many.

These regular season games are not as important as the playoffs, obviously. This tactic just improves team versatility. Each player will probably be able to have 3 alternate groups of players that can all equally produce well. The coach usually sticks with one, but can always have a good alternate line to fall back on if one line completely stops working come playoff time, and it isnt a huge gamble if they try it because they practiced it in the regular season.

transplantedbronco
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Problem I have is he does this all year and IN PLAYOFFS.

stick boy
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't mind switching up the lines, I think it is good for guy to play with other players, but I think at some point they have to start developing some chemistry together.

I would still really like to see Eakin, Wudrick, Dowling play together, that line was awesome in the playoffs last year.

ointhecreek
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Problem I have is he does this all year and IN PLAYOFFS.
Oh come on. You see maybe 6 games all year, how do you know this? This constant questioning the coaches decisions is getting old. For cripes sake people we lost a few games in a row, every team goes through it. The game against Calgary was a good game and the boys played well. Just lost to a better team that game. Look at their line up, Plante, Seabrook, Sonne, Schultz, MacDonald, etc. All proven draft choices. We did a great job against them and with a bounce or break could have won the game. The one thing I will agree with is we need some to protect our young guys. For some reason the guys don't seem to be sticking up for each other this year. It's still early and I have faith that Dean will address the needs in the right time. I for one don't want him to trade just to shake things up but to improve the team with the right, thought out trade. vci11

transplantedbronco
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh come on. You see maybe 6 games all year, how do you know this? This constant questioning the coaches decisions is getting old. For cripes sake people we lost a few games in a row, every team goes through it. The game against Calgary was a good game and the boys played well. Just lost to a better team that game. Look at their line up, Plante, Seabrook, Sonne, Schultz, MacDonald, etc. All proven draft choices. We did a great job against them and with a bounce or break could have won the game. The one thing I will agree with is we need some to protect our young guys. For some reason the guys don't seem to be sticking up for each other this year. It's still early and I have faith that Dean will address the needs in the right time. I for one don't want him to trade just to shake things up but to improve the team with the right, thought out trade. vci11

You are surely mistaken "O", you have your facts mistaken dude. I am at every home game, and make as many road game as I can. This is my 8th year living here and in that time I have missed 3 home games. You may think questiong the coach is old but I will stick by what I have said now and in the past. It is just my opionon. I think the constant switching is getting old and the players dont have time to gel. I know some line switching is good from time to time just not every game. And yes the Calgary game was a great game.

ointhecreek
11-12-2008, 11:59 AM
You are surely mistaken "O", you have your facts mistaken dude. I am at every home game, and make as many road game as I can. This is my 8th year living here and in that time I have missed 3 home games.
Oops, yes I have mistaken you for another poster and I apologize for that. Still don't like the constant questioning of the coaches (Dean and Tim) decisions though. Sorry.

transplantedbronco
11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Dont worry about O and yes sometimes the constant questioning of the coaches does get old and you made me think for a bit. When we all come down on the coach it does nothing to help the situation. This stuff starts to take a life of its own and players read it and the rift becomes even greater. So I am going to refrain from talking about the coach for awhile.

On a side note lets rock the house on Friday and put Everett in a world of hurt.

patsdude114
11-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Broncs you may be kidding but I am not. I do think it has to do with coaching. Why is it every freakin game we have to change every single line. The players just start to gel with one another and Dean goes and changes everything. They have one bad game or a bad period and he changes everything and sometimes they had a great game and he still changes all the lines. Yes I understand with injuries and scratches their should be some line changes but NOT EVERY ONE. All I say is let the boys play through some adversity once and awhile and and you just mayber suprised how they respond to your game plan. Cause right now some players are not buying in.

The problem with changing lines every single game is the weakest guy/guy who isnt pulling his weight never gets noticed. He hides cuz every different night he is playing with different guys, his mistakes rnt as noticable. You would think a coach at this level would know that by now.

Look at the Pats last season, Hunt changed his lines night in and night out only line he left in tact was Eberle's line. Ok towards the end he kepted the 2nd line together also. Changing lines all season long didnt help the pats at all. If anything it hurt us more.... We could only rely on 1 line against the Broncos. One line in playoffs dont win you a series... Look at 1st round match up last season Pats vs Broncos... who won that series???? Broncos... with speed, offence and tons of line chemistry.

ointhecreek
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM
The problem with changing lines every single game is the weakest guy/guy who isnt pulling his weight never gets noticed. He hides cuz every different night he is playing with different guys, his mistakes rnt as noticable. You would think a coach at this level would know that by now.

Look at the Pats last season, Hunt changed his lines night in and night out only line he left in tact was Eberle's line. Ok towards the end he kepted the 2nd line together also. Changing lines all season long didnt help the pats at all. If anything it hurt us more.... We could only rely on 1 line against the Broncos. One line in playoffs dont win you a series... Look at 1st round match up last season Pats vs Broncos... who won that series???? Broncos... with speed, offence and tons of line chemistry.
And the coach last season was? Thats why Dean is the coach and we're just concerned fans that need to have a little trust.