PDA

View Full Version : Things that we need...

localguy
11-12-2008, 02:32 PM
1. Braes off the first line, no way he deserves to be there.
2. Heart, we are showing none.
3. Goals, what is the deal?
4. Pride
5. Someone to step up, put the team on your shoulders (Juah cant do it alone)
6. Scratch some non performers regardless of their draft status.
7. Some wins.
Just my thoughts, add yours if you like.

bowjangles
11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Can't agree with you more!! especially on #1. I heard Roy on Global saying with Fadden gone it will now give more opportunity for Braes!!! What the heck? What is the love affair with this kid. He has NEVER proven himself, and now he is on the top line he looks way out of place!!

I agree with your other points as well. Also we NEED to change our powerplay.. it is brutal .. on the otherhand our pk is pretty good, we seem to score more goals shorthanded - weird.

Also, maybe a change in coaching? It seems the boys just cant perform, something is wrong, and it can't be all 23 players.... take a look at Portland... change of coach .. and somehow they are winning? hmmm.... Hopefully things happen sooner than later....

Bocephus
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I just can't believe this team has returned to the old days. I thought after last season our franchise had turned the corner. Unfortunately we returned back to the Hurrishames. Its all on the players in my opinion.

Bocephus
11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
1. Orfino to not be -7 with no points in his last 7 games!
2. Our top scoring defenseman to have more than 8 points in 17 games!
3. More than 3 points in 15 games from Braes!
4. Our top drafted 16 year old to be a contributer and not a healthy scratch!
5. A backup tender that can actually take the reigns more than 2 of our 19 games!
6. Carter Ashton to perform like his Contacts' linemates Schenn and Bubnick have in the dub!
7. Cody Smuk to just leave town!
8. Austin Fyten to have more than 3 points in 19 games!
9. #11 to be more than a point a game contributer. He should have double that!
10. Sceviour to be more consistant and less streaky!

Sorry I bought a case of exclamation marks and need to use them before they expire!!!!!!!!

Bocephus
11-12-2008, 03:43 PM
We have to may Kenny Petkaus and Michael Kayes on this team.
Sorry, haha, I am in a grumpy mood. vci11

grainbear
11-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Enjoyed some of the comments. To be honest this team needs to return to the lunch box crew. No shifts off by anyone . Outshoot a good team and win the game with grit , tenacity, backchecking and converting on our opportunities. This season is far from over and it will come hopefully sooner then later. Too many players came into this season thinking things would just start over from where they ended. The key is believe, and then work, and finally finish. Hopefully, it starts tonight.

Big Torro
11-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Regroup and firing on all cylinders! Agreed, hopefully tonight.

Hockey Watcher
11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Tonight is the night! Lets do it Be positive applause

Bocephus
11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
The vet Bancks takes a penalty with 4 minutes left when we are down 3-1 and tryin for a comeback. of course Spoke scores. The Canes are a bunch of ZEROS! Good GOD!

shushu
11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
a new gm, a new coach, and a new b.o.d...................is that asking to much?....j/k..... tired of hearing that they are going though a slump, and thing will get better...even if they do this sad @ss style of hockey is so up and down , year after year it hard to believe that this seems acceptable to who ever runs the show................go canes go...................

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
a new gm, a new coach, and a new b.o.d...................is that asking to much?....j/k..... tired of hearing that they are going though a slump, and thing will get better...even if they do this sad @ss style of hockey is so up and down , year after year it hard to believe that this seems acceptable to who ever runs the show................go canes go...................
I am sure it is not acceptable to anyone. Just the way it is. They played hard agaisnt the Chiefs and run into a super hot goalie. The team is fighting it right now but are playing better. When they break out, watch out. They are gonna go on a tear against somebody real soon. We have an easier home sched coming up and I am not sure I would want to be one or two of those visiting teams.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 11:17 AM

We need a couple of lucky bounces and to come up against a cold goalie and pump in 10 freakin goals on someone.

localguy
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
The boys played a real good game last night, we just need a stronger 2nd unit on the pp, 5 forwards on the first unit just doesn't work. We outplayed the chiefs (i watched the game, and their p.b.p. guy is way biased). Didn't get a bounce, one bad goal in the first by wahl. If we can put out the same effort consistantly, we'll be fine. Let's not forget that we are playing without our top d-man. Thought the d was actually quite good last night, good plays by all therieau looked way better, liked ross's play too. The work ethic was there, but tokarski saved the day for da Chief. Keep it up boys.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
The boys played a real good game last night, we just need a stronger 2nd unit on the pp, 5 forwards on the first unit just doesn't work. We outplayed the chiefs (i watched the game, and their p.b.p. guy is way biased). Didn't get a bounce, one bad goal in the first by wahl. If we can put out the same effort consistantly, we'll be fine. Let's not forget that we are playing without our top d-man. Thought the d was actually quite good last night, good plays by all therieau looked way better, liked ross's play too. The work ethic was there, but tokarski saved the day for da Chief. Keep it up boys.

DITTO!

Big Torro
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM

The PP with 5 forwards is moving the puck around well, but Boychuk is needed closer to the net with the hands and gift he has around the net.

hitmanfan
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
The PP with 5 forwards is moving the puck around well, but Boychuk is needed closer to the net with the hands and gift he has around the net.
Why are they playing 5 forwards on the PP? You would think they would have at least 1 dman.

localguy
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM

Moving the puck or not, if you put all your eggs in one basket, and still none hatch, should you keep them in that basket? Mix it up, and put at least one d-man out, you need the threat of a point shot on both units, and the kids need to learn to man the point for next year too.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
1. Braes off the first line, no way he deserves to be there.
2. Heart, we are showing none.
3. Goals, what is the deal?
4. Pride
5. Someone to step up, put the team on your shoulders (Juah cant do it alone)
6. Scratch some non performers regardless of their draft status.
7. Some wins.
Just my thoughts, add yours if you like.

If you read Stasiuks interview on the new post, you hit it bang on with your #1 and #2 statements. He did not exactly "say Braes off the first line" but does want more offense and that position is the one he is talking about in my opinion. On his interview after the period that Wright got hurt he was not happy with Braes. Called him out and said he needs to be a lot better. Said he fans on a great chance and missed the net all together on the next one. He wasn't happy.

Madcow
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM

lol i love boyle... he's biased yeah, but he's a fan.. what did he say

outplayed us? i'm not so sure about that.. i mean more shots sure but there is a difference between shots and legit scoring chances.. especially against tik

aaAlta
11-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Boyle, the spoke radio announcer is way out there. Hes downright outraged at most things that dont go spokes way. He is passionate though, I'm give him that. Last year when Bruton was in the press box for a game doing color, it was hilarious, cause he was trying to be more balanced. Telling Boyle how those bounces go both ways, that for the most part it all works out in the end. Trying to bring his blood pressure down a notch.

Then even better, at the end of the season, after a Tri game, Boyle thinks his mike is not on; and goes off on a wild string of profanities. Just completely lost in - broadcast to all who were still listening to the post game webcast. Too bad that never made it to archives.

But back to hockey. You guys are fretting your PP. And sure you always want them deadly. But I think the game result was more about the PK. Forget the empty netter. And you each scored one even strength. Pretty good against Spoke. But I think they went 3 for 6 on their PP. And I thought it had much to do with the passive box PK you were playing. IMO against a top team like that, you need to have one guy out hard on the puck everywhere. Put some pressure on them, or they will find a way in. Heck, they will still find a way in eventually, but you give yourself better chance to bust a few more up. Or sit back, whatever you prefer.

Madcow
11-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Then even better, at the end of the season, after a Tri game, Boyle thinks his mike is not on; and goes off on a wild string of profanities. Just completely lost in - broadcast to all who were still listening to the post game webcast. Too bad that never made it to archives.

wow that is so classic.. i would pay money to hear that ahahaha

Hockey Watcher
11-13-2008, 06:03 PM
energy, pressure pressure, someone to atleast try to score.... i am sorry no one skating to the puck or puttin on the pressure get a speed skater to put the pressure on the opponets who have the puck

tommorow tommorow another day tommorow :bounce:

localguy
11-13-2008, 06:09 PM
lol i love boyle... he's biased yeah, but he's a fan.. what did he say

outplayed us? i'm not so sure about that.. i mean more shots sure but there is a difference between shots and legit scoring chances.. especially against tik

I know the difference, and two soft goals aside, a differnet game (Wahl & Koper), we were teh better team form what i saw, just couldn't finnish. The ref'ing was fairly inconsistant as well, both ways.

grainbear
11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I enjoyed your comments on a new board of directors. Perhaps a few new ones, I ran into one today and he did not even know we played last night he thought we were playing Spokane tonight. Hate to say it but if that is the extent of your interest it is time to hand in your resignation even if you are a shareholder. Any one who really follows this league know we rarely play on Thursday nights . I had a good talk with OBrien's dad from Seattle and he said the key reason his son came to the WHL was because Ottawa told him he would develop better here rather the playing university hockey in Minnisota and he is one of there draft picks. He further stated that both him and his son think that it has been the smartest move he has made. in terms of his hockey development

Madcow
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I know the difference, and two soft goals aside, a differnet game (Wahl & Koper), we were teh better team form what i saw, just couldn't finnish. The ref'ing was fairly inconsistant as well, both ways.

well agree to disagree i suppose but i don't think the chiefs were outplayed by any means, i feel thats one of the better FULL games we have played all year, 60 minutes..

i love this picture too :wave:

http://item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/ekmKB5NK1j9sSqIAuHCNI5ch8vBORq3y/

aaAlta
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Madcow, thats a seriously great photo. Carter isnt gonna like it. But its a beauty.

localguy
11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Madcow, thats a seriously great photo. Carter isnt gonna like it. But its a beauty.

It is a good pic, totally shows why he got the instigator, Bancks arms at his side gloves still on. :spineyes:

Madcow
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
It is a good pic, totally shows why he got the instigator, Bancks arms at his side gloves still on. :spineyes:

lol he prob did deserve that instigator he was just sticking up for koper though but i thought it was a good move

Bocephus
11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Going to be a restless sleep tonight as it should be windier than ever with the Canes blowing so hard on their way back through the mountains. ;) :D

captain blog
11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
the axe needs to fall NOW! time to cut Dyck loose and bring in a coach who can breath life into this team!! GO CANES GO clrkth

canes77
11-15-2008, 12:11 AM
the axe needs to fall NOW! time to cut Dyck loose and bring in a coach who can breath life into this team!! GO CANES GO clrkth

Cut him loose eh? I might have to agree, I dont have any better option to suggest.

Not much has changed since last season in the organization other than the 2nd assistant coach leaving to take a better position in the AJHL. Did he have any significant impact on the players? I know he helped Juha a lot but is his loss that significant?

Whats the next move? Do the Canes promote the assistant coach or bring in an outsider? Anyone have names of possible candidates from the WHL/NCAA/AJHL/CIS/midget level...remember that Stasiuk never hired Dyck, and in most cases the GM has to power to choose his own Head Coach.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-15-2008, 12:48 PM
The players we have have now just need to be a lot better. What we appear to need is way too expensive. A top notch #1 Dman to be our powerplay quarterback and a pretty good (not great) center to play with Boychuk and Sceviour. We would have to give up a huge part of our future to get both of these. To give up some of our current top players to get these other needs defeats the purpose of getting them. Our current players need to be better or we mortgage our future. Finishing near the bottom with the quality of players we now have is totally unacceptable.
Also our backup goalie situation is up in the air. A good backup should not cost us a lot, but Tajdeh deserves to be given a few more chances down the road first. Where is all this great depth Roy supposedly built? :confused:

ps. We are now officially tied for dead last with P.G. and Chilliwack over the last ten games. DEAD LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!