PDA

View Full Version : Prank Call

TwoBits
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I chuckled when I read this last bit in the PG Citizen's article on Tuesday's game.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/20081111160929/sports/sports/for-connolly-a-goal-to-rememberbr-/

What did some Cougars players and coaches do Monday evening? Those not involved in study hall took turns calling season ticket holders, thanking them for their support. One fan refused to believe Dana Tyrell was on the phone, hanging up on the supposed prankster. Tyrell called back and convinced the man it was really the team captain

WestLEAFfan
11-13-2008, 06:34 AM
What is going on in PG? The players are calling season ticket holders now?? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is almost laughable. Where is themanagement staff/owners? Doesn't someone/some department get paid for this type of thing? Let's have the lads focus on on-ice issues as much as possible. I do realize that the players nowadays are responsible for much more off-ice duties as well, but shouldn't the job of contacting season ticket holders fall on the shoulders of the marketing team? Boogaard'd

TwoBits
11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
I thought it was a nice gesture. Wouldn't you be tickled pink if you were a season ticket holder, and you got a phone call from your favourite player on the team?

Section Eight
11-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I thought it was a nice gesture. Wouldn't you be tickled pink if you were a season ticket holder, and you got a phone call from your favourite player on the team?

I agree. If done right it can be a very positive thing. Along the same vein; it's a very popular thing in Pittsburgh where even Sid the Kid participates in hand delivering a few season tickets right to the doorstep of Penguin season ticket holders. Full marks to PG for making the effort ...

hitmanfan
11-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Hitmen fans who bought kids club seats got emails from the players, we got Sonne. Flames also did it earier this year. I think it is a great idea. The Flames had the players hand deliver them. Imagine opening the door to see Jarome on your front step. Good for the Cougars.

the flying moose
11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
It was funny because I was not home and they left a message. I check my voice mail and I had a message from Kevin Armstrong and I was confused for a second because I didn't know anyone named Kevin and then I clued in.

I think it was a nice gesture to show ticket holders their appreciation.

TwoBits
11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Hitmen fans who bought kids club seats got emails from the players, we got Sonne. Flames also did it earier this year. I think it is a great idea. The Flames had the players hand deliver them. Imagine opening the door to see Jarome on your front step. Good for the Cougars.

I think I'd faint! :laugh:

Madcow
11-13-2008, 06:00 PM
What is going on in PG? The players are calling season ticket holders now?? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is almost laughable. Where is themanagement staff/owners? Doesn't someone/some department get paid for this type of thing? Let's have the lads focus on on-ice issues as much as possible. I do realize that the players nowadays are responsible for much more off-ice duties as well, but shouldn't the job of contacting season ticket holders fall on the shoulders of the marketing team? Boogaard'd

WOW... wound up tight are we? i agree i think that is pretty rad!

WestLEAFfan
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
WOW... wound up tight are we? i agree i think that is pretty rad!

Nope, just my opinion...I am allowed to have one right? vc119 Thanks for your concern. Boogaard'd

TwoBits
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Geez Westleaf, it's not like they were making them be telemarketers and phone up people selling season tickets. :D They need to learn to be good citizens along with being good hockey players.

WestLEAFfan
11-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Geez Westleaf, it's not like they were making them be telemarketers and phone up people selling season tickets. :D They need to learn to be good citizens along with being good hockey players.

Wow, was that ever a brilliant idea the Cougars had! Having players call season ticket holders is a stroke of genius. It's too bad all other CHL organizations don't follow suit immediately. Let's all remove our names from the national "do not call list" and sit patiently by our phones for the "call" from a Cougar player. I would hate to be the one responsible for delaying the character development of these fine young men. I don't know what I was thinking in my original reply to this thread? I couldn't have been further off track if I had tried. My only hope is that I never have an original thought again. Shame on me. vci22 :confused: vci11

TwoBits
11-14-2008, 08:00 AM
It was funny because I was not home and they left a message. I check my voice mail and I had a message from Kevin Armstrong and I was confused for a second because I didn't know anyone named Kevin and then I clued in.

I think it was a nice gesture to show ticket holders their appreciation.

So, I'm curious....what did the message say?

the flying moose
11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
So, I'm curious....what did the message say?

I don't remember word for word but they thanked us for supporting the team and wished us a happy holiday season.

TwoBits
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't remember word for word but they thanked us for supporting the team and wished us a happy holiday season.

I still think its a nice idea.

Westleaf would probably punch Luke Schenn in the face if he showed up on his doorstep with Toronto v. Montreal tickets in hand. ;) :laugh:

WestLEAFfan
11-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I still think its a nice idea.

Westleaf would probably punch Luke Schenn in the face if he showed up on his doorstep with Toronto v. Montreal tickets in hand. ;) :laugh:

Heck no! Are you crazy? LEAF vs Scab tickets! I'd go and maybe even take my missus! She'd have to promise to cheer for the LEAFS though! :thumb:

the flying moose
11-14-2008, 11:48 PM
She'd have to promise to cheer for the LEAFS though! :thumb:

Wouldn't it be uncomfortable for her to be the only one there cheering for the Leafs? ;)

WestLEAFfan
11-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Wouldn't it be uncomfortable for her to be the only one there cheering for the Leafs? ;)

Ouch!! Et tu Flying Moose??? ;) Let me guess, a hab fan perhaps? :dead:

the flying moose
11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Ouch!! Et tu Flying Moose??? ;) Let me guess, a hab fan perhaps? :dead:

Not a Habs fan either. Don't really have a fav NHL team. Havea few players I like so I'll watch games when their teams are playing but otherwise if its hockey I'll cheer for it.