PDA

View Full Version : Stasiuk Interview

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Some interesting comments by Roy.

.” (Sounds like stand by for more changes to me. We need a better center for Boychuk and Sceviour. Don't need someone as good as Fadden but better than what we have. I also agree with Roy. It is not early in the season. We are one point away from having the worst record in the whole league over the last 10 games.)

Article from the Lethbridge Herald.

http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7085&Itemid=50

Some of his quotes:

“Everybody seems to be saying ‘Well, it’s early’ and to me it’s not that early,” said Stasiuk. “We’re five games away from (being) one-third into the season and to be .500 a third of the way into the season is certainly disappointing and concerning.”

"We stablized some things with trades and obviously it takes time any time you make a trade for some chemistry to come about again. But we’re really at a point now where it’s going to have to happen a lot quicker."

“In my mind, Cody Smuk has been a bit of a disappointment in that area. (Talking about someone bringing some edginess to the team.)He hasn’t really provided the energy and I think missing Dan Iwanski for the period of time we have has affected us negatively as well.”

“I think my number one responsibility is always ensure that we’re trying to make our hockey team as good as it can be for now and the future,” said Stasiuk. “So I’ve looked at a couple of things that have interested me. To add back to our offence is certainly important for me and at the same time we have to add an edge to our hockey team. Right now we need a catalyst, somebody who is going to come in night in and night out and be not only the player that can score, but certainly bring an edge to our hockey team and to our identity

Hockey Watcher
11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
i dont think it is early by any means. we are falling further and further behind and if it continues it will be frustrating and harder to catch up. like many have said we have not seen the energy/edginess out there in a long time. i saw that very early on and then for some unknown reason the entire mood of the team changed holy moly for that matter the actual roster kept changing.

this squad needs some "fun" put back in the game. fun and energy will make the difference. this serious "stone face" stuff is killin us. how much more can we change the roster? will it help (probably not) i have not seen rosters on the other teams change as much as ours. it is to a point where all bridge boys including the future bridge boys will be afraid to make a mistake (GONE). early on the front lines didnt seem to have any worry and played their game with confidence and dancing pi the back lines didn't do to bad with all those youngsters and why because they to had energy and were gaining confidence. bottom line: if your having fun and enjoying your job you will do it that much better. if it becomes a daily chore where you cannot crack a joke now and then well forget it.

lets play some hockey :clap: