PDA

View Full Version : Game 24 @ Saskatoon

Scout
11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Game 24 @ Saskatoon Blades

SUNDAY'S GAME: The Swift Current Broncos take on the Saskatoon Blades for the 5th time this season.

The Broncos are coming off a 3-2 home loss to the Everett Silvertips on Friday evening...Justin Dowling scored both Bronco goals...It was the 4th straight loss for Swift Current, extending their longest winless streak of the season...It was the second straight one goal loss...The Broncos out shot Everett 28-19 holding the Tips to a season low 2 shots against in the second period.

NUMBERS: Doyle leads the Broncos in scoring with 22 points, he is second in scoring among WHL defensemen...Doyle leads the Broncos with a plus 12 rating and has points in 8 of his last 9 games …Keegan Dansereau leads the team with 11 goals…The Broncos are 5-4 on the road and 9-4 against the Eastern Division, including a 4-1 record on the road over division opponants…The Broncos are 6-3 in one goal games…The Broncos have not been shutout in a league best 102 straight games…The Broncos are 9-3 when they score first...The Broncos have only given up four power-play goals against in the last 10 games...The opposition is 4 for 57 over that stretch...The Broncos penalty kill is 5th best in the WHL…Mark Guggenberger 3rd in the WHL in save percentage and 5th best in goals against average…The Broncos have given up the second fewest goals in the Eastern Conference with 53 goals against…The Broncos are 9-0 when leading after two periods…Keegan Dansereau has only 1 point in his last 4 games, however he does lead the team in points on the road with 10 points in 9 games…With a 2 goal performance on Friday, Justin Dowling leads the team with 5 multi-point games on the season…The Broncos have yet to score a short-h anded goal this season.

REGULAR SEASON VS. Saskatoon: The Broncos are 3-1 against the Blades this season...The Broncos have won by margins of 4-3 and 4-1 on the road and have won 3-2 at home...The Blades beat the Broncos in Swift Current 3-1.

MILESTONES: Eric Doyle played his 200th game for his career on Friday night…Keegan Dansereau is 3 assists shy of 100 for his career…Spencer McAvoy is 4 games shy of 200 for his WHL career…Grant Toulmin is 3 games shy of 100 for his career…Justin Dowling is 4 games shy of 100 for his career…Matt Ius is 10 games shy of 100 for his career.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 19 for 1117, 16.7% and the penalty kill is 86.5%, giving up 15 goals on 113 tries.

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 25 players...The team has 4 – 20 year old players, 6 – 19 year old players, 6 – 18 year old players, 7 – 17 year old players, and 2 – 16 year old players… Matt Tassone returned to the lineup Friday after being out with injury…Jordan Peddle, Andrew Hewett and Jan Dalecky are still out with injury.

UPCOMING GAMES: The Broncos return home to host Seattle November 19th, Regina November 21st and Spokane November 22nd...Tonight’s game is the only Bronco away game in 6.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Matt Tassone (Dallas ’08)...Geordie Wudrick (LA ’08).

Scout

CrazyGeorge
11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
When will Dudas be in the lineup?

CHtoo
11-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Quote: SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 19 for 1117, 16.7% and the penalty kill is 86.5%, giving up 15 goals on 113 tries.
vc124 :p

I know. Picky, picky.

Link Dog
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone want to venture a guess at the Blades game plan tonight?

Toswammi
11-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Score more than us???

ointhecreek
11-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Hit, Hit, and Hit us some more. If possible put us through the boards. Don't have to answer to anyone.

dodywood4ever
11-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Well last time here McAvoy had to scrap after someone got levelled and everybody else on the team couldnt skate to the bench fast enough. Team toughness? Any toughness? Pretty sad.

Link Dog
11-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Tieing this in with another thread, it may not be time to panic but it sure is time to be concerned. NO respect being given in the physical aspect. What Ellington was doing last game (whatever he wanted) was embarrassing. Last year Smitty or Stamler would have made him answer the bell. IMO we need more than a tough guy, we need better leadership.

Tidball
11-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Should be a gooder. Blades have got to hit hit and hit. They need to play thier game in getting dirty and greasy along the boards. Broncos have had the Blades number this year. Blades have won thier last 4, Broncos have lost thier last 4. Should be a fun night.

Toswammi
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Wow, sounds like we are playing like Portland tonight.

stick boy
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok so I know everyone is going to say don't panic.

Well my opinion is that we should panic, blow the whole thing up!!!!

Four goal lead and lose the game, are u kidding me?

WOW, we gave up 58 shots, two-shorthanded goals, we are the whipping boy of the Dub right now!

Offsider
11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Have to agree to Blow a lead like this is not only the players but the Brass behiend the bench . Something needs to be done .This floating C thing to start with find a leader if there is one and get some direction .don't have to wonder why the rink is not full . shake things up can not hurt WE NEED SOME HEART !!!!

stick boy
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Agreed, rotating captains sounds a lot like we don't have no leaders. It is starting to show now and we are going to be outside looking in the playoffs really soon. Now is the time to make a more (or preferably a blockbuster), while we are still in the playoff race. I can't think of too many guys that should be deemed untouchable at this point.

Broncs in RD
11-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I think the team and the coach/gm answered my questions tonight. We are not contending this year. After thinking to myself....I was wrong in my previous posts! It is NOT time to panic, it is time to kick the crap out of the elderly, women and children and do whatever it takes to get on a life boat before the ship goes down. How in blue hell does a team give up a 4 goal lead and how in the hell do you give up nearly 60 shots? Big Ern fragile is not the word.....It is called being over-confident from the start they had, they hit a lIttle bump then tonight they thought they had the game in control and let up. You can be as positive as anyoneone, but the truth is this team has
1) No leadership....rotating C's the only leader we have is Tassone
2) No toughness
3) No team toughness
4) No DRIVE
Injuries are part of the game Ern, but to be honest, if we had a tough guy or two I am sure the injuries wouldn't be as bad. Tassone's shoulder....the speedy small guys would have more room to be creative. When your team is FULL of injuries maybe it would be the perfect time to make a trade. When you lose 4 out of the 5 top scorers from last year and none are replaced how do you expect a contender? This team is no where close, but we do have GREAT YOUTH TO BUILD AROUND FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

Toswammi
11-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I think right now, a bigger need might be to find a guy that has the confidence to win some key face offs. I have noticed the last few games that we are getting destroyed in the face off circle.

stick boy
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
We are definitely lacking in a lot of departments right now. Geez even the last few years when Levi was running around like an idiot he at least had Larochelle, Rumsey, Smith, Weise, Tassone, Leavold etc to stick up for him. Now McAvoy, Wagner, and Tassone (who is likely done fighting for a while) are the only ones who have been making anyone accountable.

I don't know that we need one heavyweight, but a few guys that can hold their own and drop the mitts (and maybe win a few faceoffs as well)

Right now the Broncos intimidate nobody on the ice and any team playing us realizes that they can take liberties against us with no punishment on the scoresheet or physically. We will continue to lose and battle injuries should the status quo continue.