PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip = Success

Tipped Off
11-15-2008, 07:54 PM
6 Game swing, 12 possible points and the inexperienced Tips bring home 8 points led by their top scoring line of Froese, Tochkin & Maxwell, three 17 year olds who have been dubbed the "kid" line. They are supposedly the #2 line, but have been the offensive force of the team lately. It's been a while since the Tips have had two lines that could produce offensively.

4-1 win @ Regina
0-1 OT Loss @ Saskatoon
3-4 OT Loss @ Prince Albert
3-6 Loss @ Brandon
5-2 Win @ Moose Jaw
3-2 Win @ Swift Current

Overall record, 3-1-2-0

Tochkin 3G, 4A
Maxwell 4G, 4A
Froese 0G, 5A

Prior to Saturday nights games the Tips would be in 4th place in the conference 22 games into the season...or just two games shy of 1/3 of the way through the season.

I believe I predicted them battling for the 8th spot in the playoffs in the conference. It is still way too early to call this anything other than a good start, but a good start it is!

cougars_D-tyrell
11-18-2008, 01:23 AM
So wat do tips fans think of Dale Hunt i see he hasnt hit the score sheet in 6 games

Highlander_Yank
11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
So wat do tips fans think of Dale Hunt i see he hasnt hit the score sheet in 6 games

We haven't gotten a look at him yet. Becanic started playing Hunt during the Tips' Eastern swing, and he was a scratch prior to the trip, so he hasn't yet played a home game as a Tip.