PDA

View Full Version : Terrible loss tonight

LifelongChiefsFan
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Let me start by saying congrats to the Blades tonight. I don't want my rant to take anything away from how well they played. Saskatoon totally outclassed the Chiefs in every aspect of the game. Having said that, this Chiefs team has no heart. They were outplayed once again and if you can't get up for playing maybe the best team in the Eastern Conference, you've got some major problems.

I want to see a frickin' captain on this team. Is that really too much to ask Hardy? Really, is it? There's no way Peters or Bruton would have let the Chiefs get away with playing this lousy for so many games this year. The only team Spokane cares about playing against is Tri-City. I can't even describe how frustrating that is. If Spokane is trailing by a goal late in the third, I've given up on them scoring a tying goal. Not only do they not score, they can barely even get it in the zone whether it's against Saskatoon, Portland, Seattle or Everett. It looks like a pretty good bet that Spokane will make the playoffs this year, maybe even win the division, but if they play like this in the playoffs, they will flame out in the first round. The players on this team need to get off their asses, wake up and start playing inspired hockey.

Tidball
11-16-2008, 04:21 PM
It was 1 hell of a game. The Cheifs played very well but the Blades did as well. Could gone either way. The Chiefs hit a few posts as well. Spokane came to play, trust me. This loss is nothing to be worried about. You guys got a great team.

LifelongChiefsFan
11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
It was 1 hell of a game. The Cheifs played very well but the Blades did as well. Could gone either way. The Chiefs hit a few posts as well. Spokane came to play, trust me. This loss is nothing to be worried about. You guys got a great team.

While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree. I didn't see the game nearly the same way you did. The Chiefs may as well have just stayed home aside from a small stretch in the 3rd period imo. Spokane's first period tonight against Brandon shows what they can do when the team actually shows up. Despite trailing 1-0, they controlled the majority of the period. I just hope they keep the pressure on for the final 40 minutes. If they played like this during the Saskatoon game, and the result was the same, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.