PDA

View Full Version : Finally something to be positive about.

the flying moose
11-16-2008, 11:58 AM
http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005495

Down 3-0 in the 3rd and coming back to win it 5-4 in OT. Hopefully they can keep doing whatever they were doing last night.

TwoBits
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I was doing occational score updates and was plesantly surprised to see that the Cougars were able to pull out a win. I haven't read the PG Citizen's write-up yet....I wonder what kind of names they'll be called this time. :confused: (I just checked the website, they wrote a whole sentence)

the flying moose
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I was doing occational score updates and was plesantly surprised to see that the Cougars were able to pull out a win. I haven't read the PG Citizen's write-up yet....I wonder what kind of names they'll be called this time. :confused: (I just checked the website, they wrote a whole sentence)

Citizen sports is a joke. We canceled our subscription and I don't even bother reading it online anymore. I really wish we had a larger city sometimes so there could be another paper or two. I really think the Cougars could win the Memorial Cup and they would still write something negative.

TwoBits
11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Citizen sports is a joke. We canceled our subscription and I don't even bother reading it online anymore. I really wish we had a larger city sometimes so there could be another paper or two. I really think the Cougars could win the Memorial Cup and they would still write something negative.

lol

I know, someone sent us a bunch of articles from their playoff run in 2006/2007. The negativity was aweful. Actually there was another guy that wrote the occational article last year and they weren't too bad. Swanson seems to be a Dr. Jeykle/Mr. Hyde at times.

It's such a downer though when they win and are still called "pretenders" when it comes to playoff hopes. I hope the players don't read the paper.

It's nice to see the team didn't throw in the towel in the Chilliwack game. There seems to be a much better attitude this year.

cougars_D-tyrell
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
I had a chance to see the game on the internet and it was great to see the boys not give up as they batteled hard in the 2nd and 3rd period and were able to pull out a win that line of tyrell and connolly is sure something to watch... just read that the cougars release Scott Brkich wat u guys think of our defense now.

I also agree Mr. Swanson is a horrible writer everything he says about the cougars is negative i dont even read the articles he rights now

Teacher
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Defense needs set pairings to get continuity:
(Cepek 20yr old, Jackson 19yr old, should not be playing together)
Cepek Hobbs
Jackson Bidlevksi
Regier McDonald/Cummings
(Regier is legitimately the best defenseman ( defensive) on team already and would provide excellent stability for the 16 yr old and Cummings.)

1st PP - Cepek/Regier
2nd PP - Jackson/Bidlevski

1st PK - Hobbs/Cepek
2ndPK - Regier/McDonald/Cummings (gotta learn sometime)

Scherger injured
This group has potential if they are given a chance to play and gel.

cougars_D-tyrell
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I really dont think that this was the right move as i believe watson had some potential.
This is wat i think the lines should be...
Forwards
D.Tyrell Stanfield Connolly
Poulter Kulhanek Matte
Fraser Maylan C.Tyrell
Buonassisi Halliday Kowalski
Viedensky injured

Defence
Cepek Hobbs
Jackson Bidlevski
Regier Mcdonald
Cumming

Scherger injured