PDA

View Full Version : We are the worst!

Bocephus
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I am listening to this game and can't believe that we didn't even get a shot on goal for a full two minutes on a 5 on 3 then didn't score period for the remainder of the major. Then top it of the Oil Kings come back and make it 3-2. The friggin Oil Kings! I feel like even boycotting the radio broadcasts let alone the home games. I really can't stand listening to the inept Dick Gibson anyway.

Bocephus
11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I am listening to the post game. Praise Praise Praise.
Please, so many mistakes were made tonight. Thankfully the Oil Kings stink.

shushu
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
the game tonight was not the best ive seen from the canes but a win is a win........3 games in 3 night for the oil kings and a bunch of bad break at the beginning of the game...should have been 3-0 oil kings right off the start.....luck breaks for the canes, also was told tonight that jung is a conditional trade meaning if we need him back there is a chance he could return,,didn't make much sence to me but heard it from a few people....., good job tonight canes......................one more thing, i wonder why ross was sent back down because he looks 10 times better that steven or sutherland did, and mestery look not to shabby either..both welcome editions.........

moon
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I am listening to the post game. Praise Praise Praise.
Please, so many mistakes were made tonight. Thankfully the Oil Kings stink.

Did you watch the game or listen? Because watching the game it wasn't nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Other than the first 5 minutes or so the Canes dominated the game and the Oil Kings goals were on some bad bounces for the Canes.

They certainly didn't play great but they did play well and it is a win that they should be able to build on.

The annoying part of the long PP is that the Boychuk-Ashton-Scevior line looked bad on it and then right when the PP was over went back to dominating like they did all game.

Not sure why but they looked a lot better 5-on-5 than they did on that PP.

I think guys, especially early on, are still trying to do too much rather than make the simple play but that top line looked great and once everyone settled down the whole team played a lot better.

Great to see Pleau explode again. I don't know what it is about him and Lethbridge but that is the second time in two years I have seen him explode like a dope for no reason down here. Does he act like that all the time?

Caner
11-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Great to see Pleau explode again. I don't know what it is about him and Lethbridge but that is the second time in two years I have seen him explode like a dope for no reason down here. Does he act like that all the time?

Yes he does act like that, even when he was in the ahl. he's a real hot head. But is a good coach with anger issues for the refs. Its funny to watch.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
11-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Did you watch the game or listen? Because watching the game it wasn't nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Other than the first 5 minutes or so the Canes dominated the game and the Oil Kings goals were on some bad bounces for the Canes.

They certainly didn't play great but they did play well and it is a win that they should be able to build on.

The annoying part of the long PP is that the Boychuk-Ashton-Scevior line looked bad on it and then right when the PP was over went back to dominating like they did all game.

Not sure why but they looked a lot better 5-on-5 than they did on that PP.

I think guys, especially early on, are still trying to do too much rather than make the simple play but that top line looked great and once everyone settled down the whole team played a lot better.

Dominated the game????????? Shots were 31 - 31 and they outshot us the last 2 periods by quite a bit. Bad bounces on Oil King goals??????? Most of ours were the same with Ashton cleaning up the garbage. Boychuk's line may have got 3 goals but I don't think they dominated. I felt that was one of Boychuk's poorest games ever. He was virtually inivisble most of the time, gave the puck away more than once, and his effort level was terrible.
We were playing a dog tired Oil King's team that outplayed us the last 40 minutes. Yes we won but it was not pretty. The hustle and extra effort from 1/2 the team is just not there. The team as a whole are very disorganized and it was a sloppy game. I agree with you there was too much individual play. If we played a rested, slightly better team I think we would have got our butts kicked last night.
Something is major wrong with the team. Way too much inidvidual play and not sticking to any system at all. They look absolutely nothing like last years team.

Hockey Watcher
11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
they are not last years team there have been many changes remember
a lot of new players who are not gelling at this rate this team is not going to gel until the end of the season. individual play is right. ugly win yes but it does count and we needed it. i agree with the boychuck comment he is a talented player who could just take over if he wanted to but he appears to be in cruise control that is very noticable. he has been that way since his return from the nhl camp. there was some energy but not as much as there should be. BORING

atleast some of the fights helped make the game more watchable. i recall a rookie got into a small scrap nice! as i said all along i am a huge rookie fan i get stoked when rookies come into whl just seeing their faces during scraps and watching them skate all over the place just cracks me up. it is en eye opening experience. but after a few games and a few scraps they do just fine. if boychuck doesnt get it together the rookies will take over clrkthj

shushu
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
2 point is 2 point, and i agree it wasn't the best game but coaching/gm changes or not you dont want to fall to far behind.....also the performance of this team will be judged more on playing teams like the hat, calgary and so on instead of this next 3 out of 5 games when we play most of the bottom end and barely win..........

moon
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Dominated the game????????? Shots were 31 - 31 and they outshot us the last 2 periods by quite a bit. Bad bounces on Oil King goals??????? Most of ours were the same with Ashton cleaning up the garbage. Boychuk's line may have got 3 goals but I don't think they dominated. I felt that was one of Boychuk's poorest games ever. He was virtually inivisble most of the time, gave the puck away more than once, and his effort level was terrible.
We were playing a dog tired Oil King's team that outplayed us the last 40 minutes. Yes we won but it was not pretty. The hustle and extra effort from 1/2 the team is just not there. The team as a whole are very disorganized and it was a sloppy game. I agree with you there was too much individual play. If we played a rested, slightly better team I think we would have got our butts kicked last night.
Something is major wrong with the team. Way too much inidvidual play and not sticking to any system at all. They look absolutely nothing like last years team.

Dominated might have been a bit strong but they were certainly the better team. (I think that has more to do with how bad Edmonton was rather than how well we played.)

I can't think of one time that it looked like the Oil Kings were going to score other than the three bounces that they got.

The Boychuk line controlled the puck pretty much the whole time they were out there, so I would say that they dominated.

Certainly wasn't a good game and much of the "good" play had to do with the fact that the Oil Kings are awful and didn't do much to make it tough on the Canes but it was a decent win and certainly one that the Canes fully deserved.