PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Rockets

Broncs in RD
11-18-2008, 06:16 AM
mini I was thinking after talking last night.
Dudas/Dans/Hoban to Kelowna Dowzak/Myers/St. Denis 1st Round draft pick
This gives us a pretty great addition to the Blueline this year and next along with (F) St. Denis he comes with skill and speed.
Myers/Doyle
McAvoy/Dowzak
Rogers/Claffey
Martin

CrazyGeorge
11-18-2008, 07:51 AM
What about Molle?

Big Ern
11-18-2008, 07:52 AM
mini I was thinking after talking last night.
Dudas/Dans/Hoban to Kelowna Dowzak/Myers/St. Denis 1st Round draft pick
This gives us a pretty great addition to the Blueline this year and next along with (F) St. Denis he comes with skill and speed.
Myers/Doyle
McAvoy/Dowzak
Rogers/Claffey
Martin

Trade talks have started between BroncsinRD and Minirep....OMG hang on to the railing.

Hahahaha LMAO

Broncs in RD
11-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes Ern to great hockey minds discussing the reality of the Broncos not being contenders this year. Trade, release blow this thing up and start over get rid of the GM, Start a fire to this team, cause his 5 year plan is turning into a 6,7,8 year plan. Fire them all, Keep the Marketing guy around though.
Bring in ERN for the dual position as coach and Charlie Horse.

Actually in reality our year will be next year. especially if we could get guys like myers, it may be a Crowley for Doyle deal if we get him.

Broncs in RD
11-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Crazy George trade Molle for toughness.

dubfan
11-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Cant see Myers being traded, he MAY be in NHL next year (50/50) anyway. To add fuel to your fire, apparently (Keen/Bartel blogs) A/GM Moberg was watching Kelowna twice last week, Kelowna A/GM Lorne Fry was in Swift Current last weekend and Kelowna GM Bruce Hamilton was in Ssaskatoon at the Blades/Broncos game.

sbtatter
11-18-2008, 08:45 AM
The Rockets will want something to help them win this year, you want something for next year, so it could happen, likely 2 willing dance partners!!

Toswammi
11-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I dunno, i hear that goaltending has been a bit of a question mark for them (first Jung and now Lazaruk). I could see us sending them Yonks+a defenseman for a couple of position players though

Offsider
11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
We need some toughness and leadership .I do believe that the Hitmen game and the Silvertips game we played good enough to win. Brandon, Regina, Saskatoon we did not, need to be able to send guys that are not pulling their weight to the minors till they get their game or desire back a couple of weeks playing for the Flinn Flonn Bombers or the LaRonge Ice Wolfs mite inspire them LOL

ointhecreek
11-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I dunno, i hear that goaltending has been a bit of a question mark for them (first Jung and now Lazaruk). I could see us sending them Yonks+a defenseman for a couple of position players though
Yonks because he's a 20 y/o goaltender and Molle because he has no leadership value and no heart, like he doesn't want to be here.

minirep
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess we should talk to Big Ern about what the team needs to do? Nobody knows the team like Big Ern!!!

d-man
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
and Molle because he has no leadership value and no heart, like he doesn't want to be here.
applause well said

Big Ern
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes Ern to great hockey minds discussing the reality of the Broncos not being contenders this year. Trade, release blow this thing up and start over get rid of the GM, Start a fire to this team, cause his 5 year plan is turning into a 6,7,8 year plan. Fire them all, Keep the Marketing guy around though.
Bring in ERN for the dual position as coach and Charlie Horse.

Actually in reality our year will be next year. especially if we could get guys like myers, it may be a Crowley for Doyle deal if we get him.

Yes...as soon as "great hockey minds" start realizing:

-that the WHL is in fact, a development league. Good players graduate....you have to play the cards you're dealt every year.

-you will not replace players like Weise and Smith overnight. The cost is too high...and those guys are few and far between. We've heard every GM in the league say that over and over again.

-you can't pull a Chad Lang everytime you hit a speed bump and blow the whole team up....these players are kids and not adults. They can't be bounced all over Western Canada three times per season.

-start realizing what a great season we in fact had last year...we did better than we ever did in the last 6 as far as success on the ice, and better than ever financially....and STILL are this season. (over 1700 season tickets sold and an average attendance this year of around 2100...FANTASTIC)

There will be a lot less moaning and groaning.

Broncs I completely agree that we have had two or so underachievers...and that we may need to add some grit...a Grantham or Weise type player that can also score but is not a Tidball.

What I can't see is lack of patience with a program that's done amazing things for the popularity of the team in the city, the team's financial state, and has had some success on the ice.

I guess we should talk to Big Ern about what the team needs to do? Nobody knows the team like Big Ern!!!

Mini that's just pure sarcasm. That's not even hockey discussion. lol

Link Dog
11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll add to what I said yesterday on the trade proposal thread, Yonks, a 19 yr old dman and an 18 yr old forward to Kelowna for 2 guys and a pick.

Offsider
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Ern If it's not sarcasm from MiniRep He has hit the Bottle!! LOL

Big Ern
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Ern If it's not sarcasm from MiniRep He has hit the Bottle!! LOL

I will agree with that. lol

Broncs in RD
11-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Ern I have been watching the WHL longer than you have been alive, I think everyone realizes that the dub is in fact a developmental league.
Yes you have to play with the cards that you have, the only difference to your analogy is that in a game of cards you get what the dealer gives you, in the game of hockey the GM goes out and picks his card, he then just like in cards you can give a few cards away to make a better hand. In hockey you make trades to make your team/hand better.....are you still following?.... The GM takes a look at his roster/talent and knows these kids may have 4 years here so pick what year you want to make a run. Dean has NOT done that. This is YEAR 5 ERN do we have the team to make a run as of now? Last year would have been the year we still needed a player to be legit contenders, yes we had a great year last year no one is questioning that.
When you look at our roster Ern we have alot of players that will be moving on again after this year Dans-gone, Dudas-gone, Yonkman-gone, McAvoy-gone. 20's next year. Guggenberger, Molle, Claffey, Doyle, Toulmin, Tassone. So again we are slated to lose 6 players again next year. The decision has to be made do we get rid of some of our older players this year trade them to a SERIOUS contender and get 18 or 17's back to help us win next year, or do you give up our YOUNG guns to make a run this year? The only thing said before you got defensive and all choked up and started to defend DEAN and the players was
1. We are not better than last year (but you think every year is our year, WHL is not like that Ern)
2. When will our year be? I say next year. It only makes sense, unless we get Weise back from the AHL, where he has struggled.
So cheers to you Ern and your positive attitude it is great, but sometimes you have to deal with reality.

Big Ern
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Ern I have been watching the WHL longer than you have been alive, I think everyone realizes that the dub is in fact a developmental league.
Yes you have to play with the cards that you have, the only difference to your analogy is that in a game of cards you get what the dealer gives you, in the game of hockey the GM goes out and picks his card, he then just like in cards you can give a few cards away to make a better hand. In hockey you make trades to make your team/hand better.....are you still following?.... The GM takes a look at his roster/talent and knows these kids may have 4 years here so pick what year you want to make a run. Dean has NOT done that. This is YEAR 5 ERN do we have the team to make a run as of now? Last year would have been the year we still needed a player to be legit contenders, yes we had a great year last year no one is questioning that.
When you look at our roster Ern we have alot of players that will be moving on again after this year Dans-gone, Dudas-gone, Yonkman-gone, McAvoy-gone. 20's next year. Guggenberger, Molle, Claffey, Doyle, Toulmin, Tassone. So again we are slated to lose 6 players again next year. The decision has to be made do we get rid of some of our older players this year trade them to a SERIOUS contender and get 18 or 17's back to help us win next year, or do you give up our YOUNG guns to make a run this year? The only thing said before you got defensive and all choked up and started to defend DEAN and the players was
1. We are not better than last year (but you think every year is our year, WHL is not like that Ern)
2. When will our year be? I say next year. It only makes sense, unless we get Weise back from the AHL, where he has struggled.
So cheers to you Ern and your positive attitude it is great, but sometimes you have to deal with reality.

Broncs...we're just going on and on here. I will quietly add my last post to this thread.

I agree to disagree...sometimes YOU do forget the WHL is a developmental league. What you also forget is again...there are 22 teams in the WHL...not nine or so like in '89 when we won. Every team wants to win bad and is equally well coached. What do you think teams like P.A. and Saskatoon feel like....teams that have struggled for a pretty long stretch. Swift Current has never had to see that. Should those markets go and blow their rink up or something? No...they keep on keeping on.....and look at Swift Current that has a measure of success season after season...with envy...I've heard it from their fans every time I've went to both rinks. I also think you have this absurd view on making trades.....it CAN'T be easy Broncs. Do you think Dean can just get on the phone and start trading players away for better players like you do in a card game? Like come on. Other GM's won't just jump to make the move...they'll want to assess their situation first and think about the move they're making.

I DON'T think every year is our year. I can't recall stating that we are a "contender" this year, and am truly not sure why you keep using that term. Everyone knows the team we have is not a world beater...we had great success early on, took that, and are struggling here of late....but no...I don't believe we're the Spokane Chiefs of last season...a "contender" if you will.

Thirdly, Weise is NOT struggling in the AHL. It's more of a situation of him being a rookie and a situation of numbers. In fact...he got like three shifts in his last game two days ago. I talked to him briefly yesterday. Quiet may be a better word...but he's not struggling I can assure you.

Happy cheering on our team....from Red Deer Broncs. ;) In fact...hopefully see you there in a week and a half or so?

dodywood4ever
11-18-2008, 09:23 PM
14 teams in 89.

dodywood4ever
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
And 3 shifts for Wiese in a game is struggling no matter how you slice it. Always thought the guy was over-hyped anyways.

Speedy Broncs
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
In all of the posts, no one has mentioned Wudrick as someone who may get something solid in return. If we are willing to deal talent in Dansereau or Yonks in order to get something back, why not add Wudrick to the mix?

Would he get us some quality back - either as a lead trade bait, or a throw in??

stick boy
11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Ern I am going to go ahead and say the minirep was being sarcastic, but oh well continue with your stellar evaluations of the the team.

I am going to go ahead and say that this is not our year and it is time to make a deal or two to make sure we can make a run next season.

Broncs in RD
11-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Agree to disagree Ern
Weise is struggling that is another league I follow very closely.
I think I mentioned Wudrick awhile back, he had NO trade value early, now he is picking it up his value is going up as well, but could you get someone better?? I am not sure.

CrazyGeorge
11-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Brady Calla returned to Kamloops from the AHL, could Weise do the same thing perhaps? Wishful thinking eh?

scbfan
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Now I will never say that I am the expert in matters dealing with running,coaching or being the GM of a WHL franchise but we all seem to have different opinions on what the issue is here in Swift Current!I (just throwing my 2 cents in) agree that Molle at times seems like a detriment,I also see great things from a guy like Doyle but personally(not saying I'm always right)have seen a few suicide passes this year from him!In particular the pass that put Cody Eakin on th IR!We have 2 good goalies but the age situation isn't benificial to the future.With alot of people thinking we need a trade to fix some issues you have a very good chance you will see one due to the fact we are going to have to deal with the overage situation shortly.Dean will either make a minor move for futures or a list player or even a roster player!Or even make a package deal and pull off a (as some have joked )Chad Lang!!!!(lol sorry couldn't help myself) either way something has to be done and will be done!I myself will continue to watch the games and cheer on the team and in my head proceed to think of the things that I(clearly personal) think would help the team!Because no matter what we think we can't do any of it and That is why Dean is where he is!Really I personally wouldn't want everything I did or didn't do scrutinized by all of us!So everyone have a great day and Go Broncos Go let's beat the T-Birds!!!!!!!! clrkthj