PDA

View Full Version : Central Scounting Top Ten

maple leaf
11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Elliott ranked No. 5 Gallimore ranked No. 12.

Would like to hear from SAJ on his thoughts on these rankings and is Central Scounting way off on this one.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
No, they are not way off. But remember that this is a top prospects chart for the WHL alone. As you (might)know, there are 3 leagues in the CHL, which in itself is one of the few leagues in North America, and then theres the prospects in europe. Elliot is ranked top 5 in comparison to the WHL players only, but if you throw in every single player in the world right now, I doubt he remains in the top 15.

Though its understandable that Elliot is a top 5 WHL prospect in November, since he has been off to a good start...but no matter what you say, there is no way in hell that Elliot is going to get drafted higher than Hedman and Tavares, even if he does play for your favorite team.

Just like I thought last time, (barring any astronomical changes) I see him as a late first rounder, or an early second, but not a top 5 prospect.

But enough about that. As for Gallimore, his rank surprises me since he has cooled off alot recently. His totals are still impressive though. I wouldnt rank him(or mitchell for that matter) ahead of Coetzee, who I think is very underrated...but I would still have Gallimore on the list considering his goals scored.

Remember its still only november, so I stick by what I said earlier. But everything could also change. That being said, anything short of Hedman giving up hockey and moving to the moon to live with the martians is going to solidify himself ahead of Elliot. I'll seriously bet money on it.

maple leaf
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
No, they are not way off. But remember that this is a top prospects chart for the WHL alone. As you (might)know, there are 3 leagues in the CHL, which in itself is one of the few leagues in North America, and then theres the prospects in europe. Elliot is ranked top 5 in comparison to the WHL players only, but if you throw in every single player in the world right now, I doubt he remains in the top 15.

Though its understandable that Elliot is a top 5 WHL prospect in November, since he has been off to a good start...but no matter what you say, there is no way in hell that Elliot is going to get drafted higher than Hedman and Tavares, even if he does play for your favorite team.

Just like I thought last time, (barring any astronomical changes) I see him as a late first rounder, or an early second, but not a top 5 prospect.

But enough about that. As for Gallimore, his rank surprises me since he has cooled off alot recently. His totals are still impressive though. I wouldnt rank him(or mitchell for that matter) ahead of Coetzee, who I think is very underrated...but I would still have Gallimore on the list considering his goals scored.

Remember its still only november, so I stick by what I said earlier. But everything could also change. That being said, anything short of Hedman giving up hockey and moving to the moon to live with the martians is going to solidify himself ahead of Elliot. I'll seriously bet money on it.

I didn't say anything about Hedman. I was just interested what your thoughts on the two Blades were. And overall I agree with you. And to think that you didn't even call someone a douchbad or idiot in your reply.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-18-2008, 09:51 PM
There was a thread a few months ago when "tidball" argued that Elliot was better than Hedman. Just clarifying things.

And you werent being a douchebag. Im not just some idiot who flys off the handle for no reason, though I do get irritated extremely easily.