PDA

View Full Version : dick's big bag of excuses...............

shushu
11-21-2008, 11:11 PM
it get so old listening to the post game show and the running on about how this is not the same team as last year.....no sh@t..........we can see that..instead of making excuses about a struggling team just come out a say thing have to pick up.....first they tell everyone this is the year, then put the car in reverse and say everyone should back off because( here it comes ) "THERE IS 11 NEW FACES ON THIS TEAM"................ vci33 besides that, was not to bad of agame to watch, the canes made holfeld good better than he is with a ton of shots to the crest.................go canes go.................

tyeryan9
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I think they're the weakest radio crew in the league. Listen to a fair number of games from different teams, and they are more along the lines of a Jr. B radio crew.

Tough loss tonite. Canes maybe deserved better fate. One of the biggest problem this year so far is Metsola has been otplayed a number of times more than he has outplayed the guy 185 feet away from hi. Also, the fellas don't seem to be buying into the coaching staffs message.

Disappointing start....

loudi94
11-22-2008, 12:49 AM
I've spoken to Dick a couple of times. What goes on the air isn't necessarily what he thinks or believes. This is a very different team than last year's no doubt about it. He can't question the coaches abilites nor can he question some of the moves Roy has made. And maybe last year was "the year".

As for Yoohoo, I think he's played well enough to win games- we were winning these games last year when he would let in two. He isn't playing any worse than last season, I'd say he's actually playing with more confidence.

I think Boychuk wishes he was done with the WHL. You can see it, he seems mostly disinterested. If we don't look like we could win a round or two, he's one asset I would move at the deadline to build for next year. King too- he'll be gone to the AHL next year.

canes77
11-22-2008, 12:59 AM
I think Boychuk wishes he was done with the WHL. You can see it, he seems mostly disinterested.

I agree 100% with that, he is trying to do everything himself, not much passing or teamwork at all...maybe his 6 figure NHL contract has got to him...hopefully the World Juniors turn him around (assuming he makes the team) :D

Hockey Watcher
11-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I've spoken to Dick a couple of times. What goes on the air isn't necessarily what he thinks or believes. This is a very different team than last year's no doubt about it. He can't question the coaches abilites nor can he question some of the moves Roy has made. And maybe last year was "the year".

As for Yoohoo, I think he's played well enough to win games- we were winning these games last year when he would let in two. He isn't playing any worse than last season, I'd say he's actually playing with more confidence.

I think Boychuk wishes he was done with the WHL. You can see it, he seems mostly disinterested. If we don't look like we could win a round or two, he's one asset I would move at the deadline to build for next year. King too- he'll be gone to the AHL next year.

very different!!!!!! we need some goals yoo hoo can save save save but the bottom line is we have to score goals to win yoo hoo has saved this team over and over this year and he cannot do it by himself i have seen the first two lines play practically the entire game and they are not cutting it. i would play the 3rd and 4th line and see what they can do. it certainly is not going to hurt us. it was good to see mestery play better this game but he doesnt play his size i would like to see that boychuk is in ta ta land. he does not look like the 1st round draft pick that he is i dont know if i agree about moving them yet but it sure is going in the direction the further we fall the sooner we need to reload for 2010 year we are beating that dead horse and it cannot get any worse can it? rookie fan this year all the way clrkthj

shushu
11-22-2008, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=loudi94 And maybe last year was "the year".

If we don't look like we could win a round or two, he's one asset I would move at the deadline to build for next year. King too- he'll be gone to the AHL next year.[/QUOTE
this is something that may make sence, last year was a great year, and not to take anything away from this year but if we are a 500 team down the road unload some 88/89 born players and lets regroup for the future... the only problem with that is tri city's....roy as a hole has traded for some very high end talent, but it's scarry to think about the yellowhorn fadden trades. what will we get for a boychuk or king or wright.....I KNOW ive said roy is the end of all ends but he seem he go brain dead at times and it end up costing us big time... it makes me wonder what is the problem here? is it the coaches or the gm or the board? or all of the above....there is something here that stops us from being a good team year after year ...................

Hockey Watcher
11-22-2008, 07:35 AM
who knows what the problems is could it be players? maybe we have some 2nd yr players who are not putting up the numbers
orfino 24 games with 2 goals and 4 assist=6
braes 20 games with 2 goals and 1 assist=3
fyten 24 games with 3 goals and 1 assist =4
with a whopping total of 13
are they not performing or is there another reason?

comparision
everett rookie line (1st) year players
maxwel 23 games 10 goals 10 assist = 20pts
froese 24 games 5 goals 21 assist =21 pts
tochlin 24 games 9 goals 20 assist = 29 pts
with a whopping total of 70 pts that is unheard of and remember they still have games to go

70 pts vs 13pts amazing

tonight is another nite

13pts vs 70 pts is a huge difference
those rookies have 57 more pts than our 2nd yr players
so could it be the players and not the coaching staff? or are those everett rookies just
i

localguy
11-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I am not sure which rookies you're thinking will be real great on our team. The 3 second year players you mention aren't playing an offensive role, Braes and Orfino are playing against other teams top lines in a shut down role. Fyten is playing fourth line. Look at Brandon last year, their rookie line was the best young line in the league, but they cooled off and have had a slow start this year, and weren;t as good as our rookies in the playoffs.

As far as Everett's rookies go, who knows, and who are they matching up against when they play? But again, I just don't know what rookies you think are gong to be so great on our team, Taylor? Castro? Ryckman? Our "best" rookies are d-men, and I haven't seen huge problems our d since the changes. Except Mestery, I thought he was terrible last night, one goal and a hit don't erase his obvious weaknesses. You are griping about guys on the 3rd and fourth line not putting up numbers, Boychuck was on the ice for nearly the whole third period, and nothing. Just not sure what his deal is, I agree he looks dis-interested. Our top 2 lines need to produce, need to, 1 goal on 40+ shots all at Holfed's chest. For the record, if Henke can't finnish the oppurtunities that he had last night, get him off the line and put someone there who can. Bancks and King do all the work, Smuck was(and now Henke) the beneficiary of thier efforts. Kepp trying guys until there's a match. And Ashton has been our best player of late, but no chemistry between him and Boychuck that I can see.

Hockey Watcher
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
how about taylor? he is a rookie that seems to be trying to get something going but is then taken off ice. (short shifts) and no third period i notice his feet movin and some jump in his step but cant get it started. realize he just returned with his injuries but maybe he can produce.
maybe i should of said those new to the team instead of "rookies" try them out more since those that we usually rely on are not getting it going right now. as far as rykman castro theirieu they for sure are doing as good as they can. first year for them as d is a tough job.
those new to the team are getting less play and i know that is NORMAL but lets change it up and try them out. just a thought 11 new faces (?) that might be able to sink that puck in the net.
if chuk cannot get it going but you keep him out there the entire third period game after game try something new. chuk is a good player but is strugglin alittle. who knows im not the expert here just throwing 5 cents in